Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin seems outdated  (Read 1125 times)
hieubigkool

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:29:47 AM

I do not think it's outdated
At present it is increasing value, reaching a record number
But its trading today is quite high, which is also its drawback.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:35:41 AM

It is not only outdated but highly overvalued. This is not FUD. It's the truth. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency and it's far from it now. With the ridiculous fees alone, it's just impossible to use it as a normal currency right now. There are coins that do what bitcoin does with other features as well. Bitcoin should not be nr.1. It's only there because people only care about the name right now, the technology behind the coins doesn't always mean the coin will have a high value but give it some time, if people ever start to use them as currency only the really good ones will succeed and bitcoin will probably fall.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:35:47 AM

Bitcoin is slow , has high fees ... ?

Reason why people are saying that bitcoin has a high fee is because you are converting it to your fiat currency. Try looking at the transaction fee as satoshi and it is still the same. $10 in transaction fees before will surely increase today because the price of the coin already increased but nothing is wrong with that. Transaction fees are being computed on how the coin was created but not on how it is converted into fiat.

It is not only outdated but highly overvalued. This is not FUD. It's the truth. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency and it's far from it now. With the ridiculous fees alone, it's just impossible to use it as a normal currency right now. There are coins that do what bitcoin does with other features as well. Bitcoin should not be nr.1. It's only there because people only care about the name right now, the technology behind the coins doesn't always mean the coin will have a high value but give it some time, if people ever start to use them as currency only the really good ones will succeed and bitcoin will probably fall.

You are contradicting your statement how will it be overvalued if you want it to be a currency. For bitcoin to be used as a currency you should be able to use it to do purchases same as fiat and for it to do that bitcoin should have an enormous price millions of dollar per piece. When do you want the price to increase when people are already using it as a currency? That is impossible because bitcoin can't be introduced in an instant with a high price.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ToTheMoon$

Activity: 77

Investor on the move ~ Where's the profits???

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:36:20 AM

Bitcoin is slow , has high fees ... ? where are new upgrades ? When you look waves , eth , ltc , bitshares so bitcoin seems outdated against all these alts. When you look at all this upgrades and look at bitcoin so it seems like development is dead ... can someone explain me why btc can't have some new upgrades for faster blockchain or something like that ?

Outdated ? Lol.  looks like you'r new in crypto world bro.

What should I invest in? PM me with your thoughts! Thanks
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:41:33 AM

It seems outdated, but it's still ruling the Crypto-Currency world... (And it's almost hiting $9000).
You can think it's outdated, but the reality shows the opposite in numbers. People are complaining all day long about Bitcoin and trying to promote their favorite Crypto-Currencies, but most investors still prefer Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:09:14 AM

Bitcoin is slow , has high fees ... ? where are new upgrades ? When you look waves , eth , ltc , bitshares so bitcoin seems outdated against all these alts. When you look at all this upgrades and look at bitcoin so it seems like development is dead ... can someone explain me why btc can't have some new upgrades for faster blockchain or something like that ?

Is anyone seriously using altcoins? Did you ever see "Waves accepted here" sign? Have you seen any successful use for tokens, smart contracts and whatever other stuff they claim to have in their whitepapers? Because so far the most successful use for altcoins was ICO scam and pump and dump schemes - no one actually accepts them as money, unlike Bitcoin. And Bitcoin wouldn't reach current price if developers were introducing buggy, half working and highly experimental code - because when it comes to money and assets, people want stability first - no one wants to lose their value due to bugs, hacks and failures of developers, as well as outright scams.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:23:27 AM

I will agree if tou say outdated, and there are many flaws in bitcoin, but that  is acceptable for me, and the market is still dominated by bitcoin and the fame of bitcoin still very big, if you are talking about using the fork coin then I completely disagree with you, for me those "upgraded" coin like bch, btg, bcd is a joke for me, the coin is not better than bitcoin
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:38:38 AM

I also think that bitkoyn now looks obsolete, it is not updated and has not been improving for a long time and this is an indisputable fact. Because of this, almost every month there are his clones with advertised improvements, which have long been to be in the original bitcoin. It seems that someone is profitable this situation.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:09:29 AM

Although there are many counterfeit currency in technology seems to be more than the COINS, but can not be ignored is that all countries only recognise the value of the currency, and these fake money, any country can easily go beyond him.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:16:51 AM

well that really depends, bitcoin is not slow if you put sufficient amount fees for the transaction and infact it can go verry fast and instant , if you put a verry high fee or above the recomended transaction fee. upgrades occur when theres a fork or segwit available and i dont think that it is outdated because we oftenly see them every month and sometimes twice a month.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 07:20:53 AM

How about stability? Is there any altcoin that can surpass bitcoin's stability? I think the devs are taking it slowly but surely. Yes, altcoins can give you more advantage than using bitcoin atm. Why? Because they need to be ahead than bitcoin. But still in spite of being ahead to bitcoin, they still can't overthrown it. Because of a strong foundation the creator of bitcoin made.

Xabad

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:54:32 AM

These things was already already accepted by bitcoin users. Bitcoin will always be bitcoin and no other coin can go beyond it. People who are getting into crypto currency are investing because of bitcoin they know that investing is already a gamble why would they invest to a less reliable coin?
wonderchaff (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:09:08 AM

Outdated ? Lol.  looks like you'r new in crypto world bro.

can you read ? i said against other alts and theirs blockchains technology ...

USD - in God we trust / BTC - in code we trust
wonderchaff (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:18:32 AM

I will agree if tou say outdated, and there are many flaws in bitcoin, but that  is acceptable for me, and the market is still dominated by bitcoin and the fame of bitcoin still very big, if you are talking about using the fork coin then I completely disagree with you, for me those "upgraded" coin like bch, btg, bcd is a joke for me, the coin is not better than bitcoin
I am not talking about using alts ! I am talking about theirs blockchain technology ... for me is btc king of crypto but i am trying to say that we need some upgrade of king cuz for small transactions is not good to use ... Just image btc with all the new technology it would be awesome . I don't defame bitcoin ! Whole my portfolio consist of 90% btc and 10% eth .... So if someone will trying to tell me that i am for alts and scold on bitcoin just read the fucking whole discussion !!!!

USD - in God we trust / BTC - in code we trust
tikaka

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:25:52 AM

I do not think so. Bitcoin has existed for a long time but it has not been forgotten. Value continues to increase. Many people are trying to get it. Many traditional payment methods have been replaced by bitcoin payments quite interesting.

soljal543

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:30:29 AM

Bitcoin surpass altcoins. It has proved itself in price increasement even though there was no fork
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:26:12 PM

BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING READ THE WHOLE DISCUSSION AND DON'T POST USELESS POSTS !

Slow is kinda relative word, and so are high too. I dont know about you guys, but fees is important for the miner. You want a system that is fast and cheap? Go build your own and see how much money you spend on to make the system. For me, as long as the fees is acceptable, im happy and content with it.
Maybe because bitcoin is always at the top, so the development always got delayed, because they are already comfortable with the system, and i agree with you that bitcoin needs an improvement, but we need to keep in mind that People didnt build Rome in 1 day, so we need to be patience. I believe it will be updated soon than we think.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

It could be considered as such. It's pretty much common knowledge that on purely technological terms, some altcoins are far ahead.

Altcoins have to be far ahead though, otherwise people won't even look at them. You also have to consider the fact that Bitcoin is the oldest cryptocurrency. Every other coin is based off of it, and it's only natural people would want to seek improvements if they want to offshoot someone else's work. But yeah, the community is always looking for ways to implement improvements while making sure Bitcoin remains Bitcoin. I'm sure things will get better as we go.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

When you look waves , eth , ltc , bitshares so bitcoin seems outdated against all these alts.

you are comparing bitcoin with these alts on an uneven ground.

on one hand you have bitcoin, a payment system that has been working fine without any downtime, any fraud like 51% attacks, wipe outs, bugs in the code, in the main/official wallets, protocol,... and this system has been handing a HUGE amount of money in lots of transactions every day without a single issue, except non-issues such as higher fees.

one the other hand you have altcoins which aren't really being used. have empty blocks and had lots of embarrassing moments. exploits in the protocol, easy 51% attacks and wipe outs, serious bugs even security related, and lots more.
for instance if you start using ethereum and want to sync with the network, you can NOT. you have to use a web wallet these days or a non-full mode. and there has already been multiple exploits and hacks and even failure!

There is a FOMO brewing...
Bardman

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:50:29 PM

Bitcoin is slow , has high fees ... ?

Reason why people are saying that bitcoin has a high fee is because you are converting it to your fiat currency. Try looking at the transaction fee as satoshi and it is still the same. $10 in transaction fees before will surely increase today because the price of the coin already increased but nothing is wrong with that. Transaction fees are being computed on how the coin was created but not on how it is converted into fiat.

You are contradicting your statement how will it be overvalued if you want it to be a currency. For bitcoin to be used as a currency you should be able to use it to do purchases same as fiat and for it to do that bitcoin should have an enormous price millions of dollar per piece. When do you want the price to increase when people are already using it as a currency? That is impossible because bitcoin can't be introduced in an instant with a high price.

No it doesn't need to have a ''high price'' because price shouldn't be determined by dollars. If you buy something with euros, a coffee, for example, you don't care how much the eur/dollar ratio is, you care how much the coffee costs in euros. It should be the same with bitcoin. Since bitcoin is divisible, it doesn't matter that the total cap is low. That's the only way for cryptos to be used as real currencies, only when the price of it doesn't matter, only when people actually care about the cryptocurrency itself rather than the price.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██