Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, Ether Prices Surge to Fresh All-Time Highs  (Read 371 times)
futureofeth (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:10:24 PM

The top two cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, bitcoin and ether, have continued their respective rallies, setting fresh record highs today. Having traded more or less sideways since Monday, prices started to lift at 07:00 UTC, setting the new all-time high at 09:43.

according to CoinDesk’s Bitcoin Price Index. Bitcoin started the session today at $8,201, and is up 2.85 percent for the session.

According to CoinMarketCap, bitcoin has risen 11.97 percent over 24 hours, and 39.25 percent for the week. The sharp gains come as the combined market capitalization for all cryptocurrencies also peaks at new highs – currently standing at $267.6 billion.
harrypotter1229

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

That's it. Today's new highs, I hope this is a new starting point, and yes, bitcoin continues to move forward. I don't know how much money you expect to compare with the highest point this year, and my expectation is that it will be $1000 before Christmas this year, and that's not impossible Wink
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:16:23 PM

Pretty much all coins have been on the rise in the past 24 hours. I think the recent news that talk about various governments wanting to legalize cryptocurrencies is increasing people's confidence in the currency and leading to the surge in the price.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:35:57 PM

I'm really amazed on how traders convert these recent positive news about bitcoin into something.. well, positive. New highs have been attained and it seems that it will play @ $8600 in the mean time. Mid-December is coming and it seems that everyone is getting ready for CME's futures. I expect some correction to happen by next week to slow things down. Good times are coming, and Wall Street money is nigh.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

I don't really understand why people are still buying Ethereum. What's the point? It has been hacked endless times, and the smart contracts part can be done with Bitcoin sidechains as soon as they get released. Maybe by the time Rootstock is released Ethereum will have the hegemony on that field already and it becomes a good long term investment judging by this? I just don't feel like holding any other coin but Bitcoin, but Ethereum just keeps on going higher over time.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:26:13 PM

Six hours in for Bitcoin, we're already at $8600 mark which makes the growth from yesterday just over 15% which is quite a lot. Looking like there's nothing that could stop it from reaching the $9000 milestone which would be another feat in its books. I'm expecting it to dip back down again after reaching 9k as it seems too hasty in heading towards the five digit mark.

Ethereum on the other hand is also having a ripe time, hitting all time highs consistently this week. Just a matter of time till Bitcoin starts falling off a bit to stabilize and ETH will follow it back down while taking more time to recover. None the less, the future is looking bright with the 4 digit mark within grasp in a few months or maybe for new year.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 06:31:29 PM

I don't really understand why people are still buying Ethereum. What's the point? It has been hacked endless times, and the smart contracts part can be done with Bitcoin sidechains as soon as they get released. Maybe by the time Rootstock is released Ethereum will have the hegemony on that field already and it becomes a good long term investment judging by this? I just don't feel like holding any other coin but Bitcoin, but Ethereum just keeps on going higher over time.

To be fair, Ethereum itself hasn't been hacked, those events were smart contracts that failed. This wasn't the fault of Ethereum itself but the teams that designed the contracts.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:32:18 PM

The top two cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, bitcoin and ether, have continued their respective rallies, setting fresh record highs today. Having traded more or less sideways since Monday, prices started to lift at 07:00 UTC, setting the new all-time high at 09:43.

according to CoinDesk’s Bitcoin Price Index. Bitcoin started the session today at $8,201, and is up 2.85 percent for the session.

According to CoinMarketCap, bitcoin has risen 11.97 percent over 24 hours, and 39.25 percent for the week. The sharp gains come as the combined market capitalization for all cryptocurrencies also peaks at new highs – currently standing at $267.6 billion.
A great news to haer especially for Ethereum it has been quite stagnant for past few months. Finally it is increasing to around $450. This is quite a good news for all the alts as the market was quite red for a few days. I hope this bullish trend could continue until the Christmas.
CoinCaps.net
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

CoinCaps.net

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 06:34:36 PM

This rally has been incredible to watch.  So much data to go through.  People will be studying this cryptocurrency revolution for decades.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:35:04 PM

All crypto are surging not only bitcoin, top 10 crypto are getting more than 2% increase everyday. Looks like a big blood bath is coming for all crypto, I will sell atleast half of my holding rather than keeping them with high hopes.

Nothing can keep going up like this....Anything that goes up should come down.... Correction is must for more stable surge..
limek

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:43:07 PM

Yeh, BTC is now reaching all-time high at $8700, first time ever in history. And there are a lot of investment scheme is based on Bitcoin. To the moon
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:52:08 PM

All crypto are surging not only bitcoin, top 10 crypto are getting more than 2% increase everyday. Looks like a big blood bath is coming for all crypto, I will sell atleast half of my holding rather than keeping them with high hopes.

Nothing can keep going up like this....Anything that goes up should come down.... Correction is must for more stable surge..
That's OK, that a correction is about to come, but what to convert your bitcoin into? Fiat? Or some alts? Ethereum is also setting all time high together with bitcoin, so that's not a safe heaven this time. Maybe Litecoin or other alts? Last time when bitcoin went down, alts were suffering too. Correction is OK to come but I'm wondering what to buy... USDT has a bad reputation nowdays, so it's not easy this time to decide.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:03:14 PM

I'm happy on this news, As of this writing Bitcoin is now $8690.40 , I'll guess we will be having a good Christmas holiday. The correction or dip might happen faster (just my speculation) than we expect but upcoming CME projectis is currently helping the Bitcoin's uptrend movement to continuously Rise up. Therefore,it is possible to reach the $10000 before this year end. I do own a little amount of ETH, this is also a good sign to sell my ETH to BTC.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:12:23 PM

Jesus, both will never stop going up will they? Seems like some new demographic just discovered Bitcoin and now they're intend on tossing everything they have into the crypto marketplace.

11.97% in 24 hours is insane, who is restricting the supply? There is no way that it should be clearing nearly 0.5% per hour without some serious supply manipulation against a demand that is just incessantly growing. 40% doesn't seem like an accurate number, however. Maybe 40% against the month but there is no way Bitcoin has gone up 40% since the start of Saturday last week. At least, I don't think there should be any way that's happened.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:14:14 PM

Yeah this is amazing guys, i never thought that it was going to make such this pump during the last few days.

And when it touched less than $5500 on november 12, i thought that it all was over because bitcoin could be finished by bitcoin cash, i was wrong about that.

Now i am really holding my bitcoins, i have never doubted about it at all, but i was very scared because i thought that it was going to crash before it touched $7500, but i was wrong once again.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:20:28 PM

The real question is; How much is it going to rise? we dont know what is going to happen with bitcoin by tomorrow, or by next week, but this is very desesperating.

Everybody is saying and regreting thelseves about why they have not invested in bitcoin before. I am one of those too, because i bought most part of my bitcoins when the price was much more over than $2000 each one of them.
Now it is pretty expensive, and it is difficult to invest on bitcoin because they are worth a fortune right now, but yes, how high it can be?
magle

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 07:21:55 PM

It has been going so fast the last two weeks, a correction has to happen at one point. At least i hope so, so i can get back in at a decent price :-)
MickeyT2008

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:27:02 PM

Even if there is a correction on the market the price is not even going to drop more than fourty percent, and that means that the price could get to $4000 again, maybe $5000.
But i dont think that it is really going to happen, because there are a lot of people investing on bitcoin right now.

And nobody would like to see their balance going down, this is the main reason of why bitcoin could never stop going up, well, at least for some time until the big whales decide to sell a good part of their bitcoins (i hope that this is never going to happen, lmao)

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:33:17 PM

Pretty much all coins have been on the rise in the past 24 hours. I think the recent news that talk about various governments wanting to legalize cryptocurrencies is increasing people's confidence in the currency and leading to the surge in the price.

and this is whats off about the current 2017 price scenario. its lke someone wants 10k USD bitcoin for Christmas Wink

because historically, bitcoin markets used to react bearish/negatively to news on regulation. remember how eth and bitcoin performed recently, during the Chinese rumors. eth has a legitimate reason to surge imo. its premature, but staking coming to ETH is a huge incentive to buy. bitcoin just got past all the fork nonsense; i dont see any developments in the protocol that would affect the price like this. this is folks speculating all the way to 10K; where we end up after that is going to be anyones guess.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1659

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

A great news to haer especially for Ethereum it has been quite stagnant for past few months. Finally it is increasing to around $450. This is quite a good news for all the alts as the market was quite red for a few days. I hope this bullish trend could continue until the Christmas.

Never really thought that Ethereum will make a comeback before the end of the year. Yes, its been stagnant for the past few months, after reaching its peak this June. It also break its previous all-time-high. This is due to the positive outcome of its developers meeting last week.

Bitcoin though is different, its been a roller coaster right specially in the last 3 months. Too many development and drama, but it remains resilient and now a new all-time-high is reached again. The CME news really brings the market to the next level. Let's see if it can touch 5 digits before the end of the year.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:50:48 PM

Have to admit, I was completely wrong, I thought Bitcoin would start to plummet to correct itself.  I can't be happier that it is not the case but still think it eventually will correct itself, lets hope I continue to be wrong and it goes to the moon!
hilda483

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:55:25 PM

It was expected for Ethereum to rise along with other alternative coins. Bitcoin gained so much and ether along with the alts stood still. Now the alts are winning some ground.

pridequail

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:17:57 AM

The truth is many are quite surprised by Ether's comeback, almost everyone expected it to die out for a little longer. Bitcoin is always the prime choice in the industry so its always able to rise up.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: