Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "The price of your bitcoin is 1000 times overvalued"  (Read 29024 times)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:49:10 PM

The price of your fiat is 1000 times overvalued!!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:57:04 PM

how much does a bitcoin worth?
Some say:“Worthless. It’s just a Ponzi scheme.”
Some hail:“Priceless! It’s the future of money.”
A Chinese economist Ou Chengxiao,  often nicknamed”Ou Guru” said yesterday "The price of bitcoin is 1000 times overvalued". He believed that the value of currency is decided by its scale of circulation, or adoption. But now the lack of businesses that accept the digital currency as payment has been holding bitcoin back from wider adoption. not so many people are buying things with btc.
 i am a little confused why he is so sure bitcoin price is 1000 times overvalued. why not 100? 10? why exactly 1000? Do you agree with him?

More nonsense FUD
These old people are simply unqualified to make statements about new developments in CryptoCurrencys
I guess he doesn't know how to use the internet and check the insane adoption rates around the world....
Legal currency status  in Japan, India and Russia coming soon etc
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6197

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:13:32 PM

Related:

In this thread an user of this forum has presented his theory about a "fair value" of Bitcoin. It is based on a particular economic theory, the Quantity Theory (basically on the Equation of exchange) but I consider it a legit approach. It obviously is not 100% accurate but surprisingly can predict major trends, like he analyzed in a Steemit article (see the LTC/BTC and DASH/BTC graphs).

I quote his estimation of the "fair" Bitcoin price:

In conclusion: According to him, Bitcoin is actually about 10 times overvalued - the fair price would be around $250.

My "response" to his claims would be that Bitcoin's current price is based mostly on estimations/speculation about future transaction capacity (e.g. after Segwit, Sidechains and LN). And that can be a "legit" price, too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anga3636

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:30:39 AM

Related:

In this thread an user of this forum has presented his theory about a "fair value" of Bitcoin. It is based on a particular economic theory, the Quantity Theory (basically on the Equation of exchange) but I consider it a legit approach. It obviously is not 100% accurate but surprisingly can predict major trends, like he analyzed in a Steemit article (see the LTC/BTC and DASH/BTC graphs).

I quote his estimation of the "fair" Bitcoin price:

In conclusion: According to him, Bitcoin is actually about 10 times overvalued - the fair price would be around $250.

My "response" to his claims would be that Bitcoin's current price is based mostly on estimations/speculation about future transaction capacity (e.g. after Segwit, Sidechains and LN). And that can be a "legit" price, too.
All things considered, for what reason do you believe it's a Ponzi plot? On the off chance that it was which it's clearly not, it's sort of difficult to keep a trick up for right around 8 years (from 2009 to 2017). Individuals who don't comprehend the working and the framework executed say it's a trick, and about the cost being exaggerated, that is a thing to ask yourself. In this time of web and learning, is it conceivable to run a trick like over esteeming the protest and offer it? No. So bitcoin should be the place it is and will be in better place in future.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6197

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:00:53 PM

Related:

In this thread an user of this forum has presented his theory about a "fair value" of Bitcoin.[...]
All things considered, for what reason do you believe it's a Ponzi plot?
Have I said this? I don't believe Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. I wouldn't be here if it was one Wink

But yes, I think currently Bitcoin is overpriced. And even if in my previous post I wasn't talking about Ponzis, I think the large bull run has to do something with individual Ponzi schemes (like the MMM-Bitcoin scheme), active in many continents, but also "Ponzi-like" thinking. People see the gigantic bull market of the last 2 years and think they will be rich quickly if they invest.

The problem is that Bitcoin's price diverged a lot from the real "usage" - that has not changed dramatically in the last year, if you look at the number of transactions. We have no clue what it's fair value is, and pablomp's approach, for me, is one of the "better tries" (it's problem is that it does underestimate the usage as a "saving" asset).

Without having any parameter to value Bitcoin correctly, it becomes essentially a "greater fool game" - people trying hard to incentive FOMO buys to be able to sell for a higher price. That's very different from a "centrally planned ponzi scheme" like the one you mention.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:26:13 PM

how much does a bitcoin worth?
Some say:“Worthless. It’s just a Ponzi scheme.”
Some hail:“Priceless! It’s the future of money.”
A Chinese economist Ou Chengxiao,  often nicknamed”Ou Guru” said yesterday "The price of bitcoin is 1000 times overvalued". He believed that the value of currency is decided by its scale of circulation, or adoption. But now the lack of businesses that accept the digital currency as payment has been holding bitcoin back from wider adoption. not so many people are buying things with btc.
 i am a little confused why he is so sure bitcoin price is 1000 times overvalued. why not 100? 10? why exactly 1000? Do you agree with him?

More nonsense FUD
These old people are simply unqualified to make statements about new developments in CryptoCurrencys
I guess he doesn't know how to use the internet and check the insane adoption rates around the world....
Legal currency status  in Japan, India and Russia coming soon etc
I think that this topic is no longer worth arguing, because to date not everyone can see what potential has a crypto currency and what price Bitcoin has today. I think that this is the best proof, than just disputes.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

This is not an overvalued price, because as the mining of bitcoins were limited it has got an increased demand. This increased demand to the reduced supply will make a change to the value. This at time when happens at unexpected time people term it to be overvalued.

flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:45:09 PM

The price of gold is 1000x overvaluated !

Wait .. no it isn't.

intentionally left blank
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

Kind of funny. What is the value of of gold or diamonds by the same measure he used, since nothing can be bought directly with them

And the stuff the stores sell are worthless too, because you can use them to buy stuff Huh

I guess he took too seriously the "coin" part of bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: