Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you a whale?  (Read 955 times)
ployfit

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:10:29 AM

This depends on the Exchange website you present yourself. For Bitflyer, being a whale start from 5 million dollars for example. For smaller exchanges, being a whale can be even less than 1 million dollars.

There is no rule of being a crypto whale in this ecosystem.
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:47:08 AM

The term "Whale" is frequently used to describe the big money Bitcoin players that show their hand in the bitcoin market, The ocean as a metaphor for the market as apt, since one can then extend it to include the big fish and the small fish, sharks rallies as feeding frenzies; waves as a market moves, and so forth, It maybe however that the term "whale" has been applied to the wrong class of investor because the players described below are truly the biggest creature in the ocean. Perhaps i call you a whale when you own a huge amount of bitcoins in the cryptoworld. Wink
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:02:06 AM

The definition of whale itself is a person that have many bitcoins or other altcoins in many exchanges, so when he/she dump and sell all their coins, the effect is really big and can makes the price of that coins changed easily. Usually people who is a whale is have more than 50,000 or even more.
Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:18:32 AM

The definition of whale itself is a person that have many bitcoins or other altcoins in many exchanges, so when he/she dump and sell all their coins, the effect is really big and can makes the price of that coins changed easily. Usually people who is a whale is have more than 50,000 or even more.

You mean 50,000$ or 50000 bitcoins? Roll Eyes
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:39:26 PM

Whales are players wich has milions in hands, i would say bitcoin whales are those people wich hold something like 300-500 bitcoins, sure there are other kind of whales into others coins, but the level is quite different, i would say im a whale into a coin wich has a tiny market cap. There is a rumour that whales are together into some groups, wich does choose and influence the crypto market all weeks.
Titanos

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:32:34 PM

It depends in the number of supply of the token you want to be whale in. Some projects have only 1M tokens, i think having 100k tokens makes you a whale.
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:45:21 PM

Just curious. How much money do you need to be classified as a whale??  Grin Roll Eyes

Right now something like 50 BTC I think because if you have half a million USD dollars that is a lot of money. That being said to some people in third world countries something like 10 BTC is probably a whale because that is super luxurious for them. Last but not least if you are living in a country with a super high standard of living that amount of a few hundred BTC to be considered elite. Whatever the case one thing we can agree on is that in the coming months, and years the amount of BTC you need to be a whale will be lessened. I am looking forward to a day where 1 BTC can be considered a whale because maybe I can make it then  Smiley

litaya

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

SWIPE-Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:05:24 PM

For me whale is the person who alone can redeem 70-80% of the average ICO. cap 100-150K ETH.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dynika

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:08:26 PM

The whale can change the price of bitcoin or eth. Or to bring down the market. All the other people - the baby whales!
tororoshka

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 09:09:22 PM

Just curious. How much money do you need to be classified as a whale??  Grin Roll Eyes
it seems to me that the account goes to thousands of bitcoins. The price of many altcoins can be manipulated by 100 bitcoins, and for some altcoins-1 bitcoin will increase the price several times. But whales, it seems to me, it's 1000 bitcoins and more!

charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:18:20 PM

it seems to me that the account goes to thousands of bitcoins. The price of many altcoins can be manipulated by 100 bitcoins, and for some altcoins-1 bitcoin will increase the price several times. But whales, it seems to me, it's 1000 bitcoins and more!

I don't think there are many individuals that have over 1000 bitcoins, I would say someone who invests 10 bitcoins or more in an ICO is definitely a whale because it says a lot when someone can just throw that kind of money around.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 09:19:59 PM

It requires a load of money, but it depends on which coin to pump. To be a whale in anyone of top 20 coins, I think they need at least 1 million dollars. But money isn't all; also often whales have a huge influence on social media like facebook twitter or youtube. They have lots of fans that buy whenever they say to buy.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:31:40 PM

It depends, you can be a whale of ethereum or zcash and also that of GameBet Coin, for ethereum you need millions of dollar but for gamebet coin you just need $10k

FundFantasy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:35:50 PM

Whales are usually defined with an amount of 100+BTC
sagatel

Activity: 280

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:14:29 PM

The amount of money does not matter! Whale can affect the cryptocurrency market. Such person may change the price of bitcoin will.

Shirin16

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:19:48 PM

for the moment I just want my money to be enough to make an altcoin project, so that later I have a good future in the world of cryptocurrencies and can also support all the developments in the world of crypto.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:25:39 PM

Mostly you need 50+BTC to be considered as a whale but as the price of bitcoin is moving fast, having 10 bitcoin in your neighborhood will make you a whale. So others are telling 50BTC and it all depends on how you are going to describe what whale is and on how many bitcoins do they hold. But for the current whales out there most of them does have 1,000+BTC.

Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:37:02 AM

Whales are biggest investors in an ICO. They buy the largest number of coin and can invest up to 200BTC to buy an ICO.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:39:28 AM

Someone who can affect the current price of bitcoin, if a whale dump all his coins it can somehow affect the entire market , it can cause massive dump or gains. I believe whales are smart individuals or traders with loads numbers of bitcoins or alts.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:05:40 PM

You need atleast 50 BTC up to be called a whale,because if you have 50BTC you can pump a shitcoin and take profits in it then go out when you have good profits.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: