Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [eMunie] Latest update, lots of new features and improvements.  (Read 9930 times)
NickCoin

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:01:38 AM

Humm, I already can see the abuse of power from the futur "Foundation"
What is different about Bitcoin? MtGox and bitcointalk.org together pretty much control what happens with bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jlspartz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:53:30 AM

So if the chain structure is a tree, does that mean anyone can solo mine/hatch because there would be no stale blocks?
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:30:44 PM

The foundation will ultimately be a number of members with an interest in eMu, voted into that position by other foundation members and has some requirements.  The foundation will regulate SERVICES of the eMunie system, to ensure that any unscrupulous characters are kept OUT, the foundation will also work to further roll out other eMunie services that use the main system and be a platform to push development of eMunie features forward through a general consensus, perform fund raising for this development and so on.

Entities wanting to offer fiat exchange services would apply to the eMunie foundation (thread on this later on) for a license (essentially a special key). Those entities would be heavily vetted to ensure that they are trustworthy and that they have all the required licenses and funding available to run a fiat exchange.

not necessarily !

xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:08:51 PM

Looking forward to it!

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:19:41 PM

The foundation will ultimately be a number of members with an interest in eMu, voted into that position by other foundation members and has some requirements.  The foundation will regulate SERVICES of the eMunie system, to ensure that any unscrupulous characters are kept OUT, the foundation will also work to further roll out other eMunie services that use the main system and be a platform to push development of eMunie features forward through a general consensus, perform fund raising for this development and so on.

Entities wanting to offer fiat exchange services would apply to the eMunie foundation (thread on this later on) for a license (essentially a special key). Those entities would be heavily vetted to ensure that they are trustworthy and that they have all the required licenses and funding available to run a fiat exchange.

well its either that or dishonest users abusing others.   If you are not dishonest then there is nothing to worry about.

Too many people get scammed with these currencies, and I intend to squash as much of that as possible.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:35:18 PM

And if all else fails, you at least you have the backing of the worst browser ever with this coin.

e

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:16:14 PM

And if all else fails, you at least you have the backing of the worst browser ever with this coin.

e

it will not fail, and the explorer logo will be long forgotten when eMunie is common good.

xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

bump

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 09:19:49 AM

beta version 821 running fast imo.

eCoinomist

Activity: 112

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:21:48 PM

e
IE 9 and IE 10 are actually getting better.

As a web designer and frontend developer, I used to hate IE and haven't used it for half a decade, but one day my regular "Joe" friend who is a game addict told me IE was faster than Chrome.
I was suspicious the least to believe him that Chrome could ever be slower than IE, but some testing results indeed show that not only IE 9/10 is faster than any browser there is (on Windows Cool, they consume the least CPU/RAM resources as well (just open your task manager with the browsers on having multiple tabs open to compare).

So now I'm back to using IE for most regular browsing.

P.S. eMunie is not a "coin", see the logo? does it look like a coin? or more like an electronic chip?

NickCoin

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:01:24 AM

vs.
Don't even look similar to me at all.
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:11:21 AM

Look!

Someone came out with the first alt-coin that isn't based on bitcoin today!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252152.0

Tongue

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:27:01 AM

observing

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:59:15 AM

I like the concept, but you need a flashy name - something like Bitcoin - memorable and easy to spell. eMunie is neither easy to spell, nor memorable.

Radix - just imagine
Sharky444

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:03:34 AM

So, this is an inflationary currency ? So if I buy coins and hold onto them, they end up becoming more worthless ?

You didn't ready it completely. The interest you get from holding the coin is slightly larger that the inflation. So your coin will increase in value over time.

Radix - just imagine
Sharky444

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:41:49 AM

I'm not a lawyer, so this may sound dump, but how about making those two entities separate and independent from each other?
  • Entity A to handle all buy in orders
  • Entity B handles all cash out orders

That sounds like a good idea, but the implementation is not clear to me.

Radix - just imagine
Loki8

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:01:14 AM

I like the concept, but you need a flashy name - something like Bitcoin - memorable and easy to spell. eMunie is neither easy to spell, nor memorable.

You are wrong, bitcoin is difficult to spell.for non-English speakers and the word could prove to be quite vulgar in some languages.

eMunie sounds better for a P2P currency like eMule.

collingiusti

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:10:47 PM

Is this project dead or still to be released? I am very interested in this.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 04:23:29 AM

Still very much alive and well!  We are approaching the end of our closed beta period soon, with a view to move to an open beta in the next few weeks with a launch planned "loosely" Dec/Jan.

Some people will call eMunie vaporware, as I've slipped the launch about 3 times now, but we are still here and would rather do it right first time with a bucket load of never before seen features out of the gate, than launch it just for the sake of it, especially after so many people have invested effort into its development and testing.

It's ironic that you should bump this thread today, planning on some quite major announcements/developments over the next day or two that will quite simply make all other crypto-currencies obsolete (and I wouldn't make that claim lightly), so keep your eyes peeled.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:26:17 AM

Still very much alive and well!  We are approaching the end of our closed beta period soon, with a view to move to an open beta in the next few weeks with a launch planned "loosely" Dec/Jan.

Some people will call eMunie vaporware, as I've slipped the launch about 3 times now, but we are still here and would rather do it right first time with a bucket load of never before seen features out of the gate, than launch it just for the sake of it, especially after so many people have invested effort into its development and testing.

It's ironic that you should bump this thread today, planning on some quite major announcements/developments over the next day or two that will quite simply make all other crypto-currencies obsolete (and I wouldn't make that claim lightly), so keep your eyes peeled.

this is great news. gives me plenty of time to finish OpenEx prior to the launch of Emunie.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: