Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quantstamp "proof of hold"  (Read 1341 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:39:09 AM

Quantstamp has made a much expected announcement, called proof of hold. Many rewards for those who invested in this Y Combinator backed company. See it for yourself in the official telegram group.  Don´t say that nobody made you notice this  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TudorOzy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:51:04 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 12:53:00 PM by TudorOzy

Thank you for the update.
Proof of Hodl is interesting isn't it similar to Proof of Stake?
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:25:10 PM

Without looking at the details, why would you need "proof of hold" when on the blockchain, you can easily see any holdings of any account yourself? Or, if you mean holding a balance to secure the network, then we already have proof of stake. So what exactly is new?

BTW if you search Quanstamp you get results "proof of care" and "proof of audit". And the announcement was about how proof of caring worked, now they want proof of HODL (not hold). Now I know for sure they do not know what they are talking about. Proof of nonsense alt :p

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:44:31 AM

It combines holding the token with "proof of caring" which is contributing to make the project more widely know. You help the project and the project helps you.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:46:11 AM

Without looking at the details, why would you need "proof of hold" when on the blockchain, you can easily see any holdings of any account yourself? Or, if you mean holding a balance to secure the network, then we already have proof of stake. So what exactly is new?

BTW if you search Quanstamp you get results "proof of care" and "proof of audit". And the announcement was about how proof of caring worked, now they want proof of HODL (not hold). Now I know for sure they do not know what they are talking about. Proof of nonsense alt :p

Proof of hold is effectively measured directly on the blockchain. Basically the want to reward the investors that did not sell quickly for a gain, but rather want to stay on the long term.

FrankVVV

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:49:57 AM

It combines holding the token with "proof of caring" which is contributing to make the project more widely know. You help the project and the project helps you.

This is the one reason why I did not invest in this token. 'Proof of Caring' let's people make fake positive reviews. They can't be trusted.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:56:40 AM

This is the one reason why I did not invest in this token. 'Proof of Caring' let's people make fake positive reviews. They can't be trusted.

You could always say the same about any token, fake or, better said, biased reviews are quite common. That's why each one has to make a personal appraisal of the opportunity.

zoird

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

S O A R . e a r t h

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:09:06 PM

I received a bonus of 76% and 92 ETH invested in this project. After the start QSP has grown for me in 4.2 times! Risky projects are the most profitable.

texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:27:12 PM

I received a bonus of 76% and 92 ETH invested in this project. After the start QSP has grown for me in 4.2 times! Risky projects are the most profitable.

can you elaborate on how you made this? im genuinely curious and intrigued. thanks
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:35:19 PM

I did not like the proof of care as I felt this was nonsense. The proof of hold is supposed to build on the proof of care but it is a completely different thing. The proof of care was an instant bonus. With the proof of hold QSP is planning to collect tokens from every project they audit and to distribute them to their own holders. If the auditing really gets going and the audited companies are willing to pay a significant number of tokens to QSP this might be something of well high interest and higly profitable. Remains to be seen how it plays out in numbers.
jonnyhsy

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:23:45 AM

Quantstamp - more a marketing company than a technology company - oh this is even true for most current blockchain projects/company. LOL
cryptomeocon

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:26:54 AM

good project, hold to die
Mnording

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:40:29 PM

This was updated to better reflect their vision. Its not only based on holding but you need to be a supported of the project

The original post has been updated :https://medium.com/quantstamp/proof-of-hodl-announcement-d6de05a0d531

And you can read a summary here: http://quantstampnews.com/proof-of-caring-faq/
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:32:22 AM

No offence, but even at Tier 1 you would not get a 76% discount. I do agree that it went up in value more than enough and I think it will go up even more.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:33:57 AM

Quantstamp - more a marketing company than a technology company - oh this is even true for most current blockchain projects/company. LOL

Nowdays, marketing is as important as technology and good products. Apple now is huge thanks to marketing, but there was a time in which Microsoft killed Apple with the same weapon.

mike113

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:17:44 AM

Nowdays, marketing is as important as technology and good products. Apple now is huge thanks to marketing, but there was a time in which Microsoft killed Apple with the same weapon.

Nowadays, marketing is much more important then technology and good products
jonnyhsy

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:17:57 AM

Which is root and which is leaf? A lot of stupid asses there just want some quick fiat return

Nowadays, marketing is much more important then technology and good products
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:41:53 AM

Is this proof of hodl for real? I thought this was a joke by the quantstamp team to incentivice people to hold their coins when they hit the exchange, however that may be, it worked out fine for the price of QSP. But to be honest, whats the difference between proof of hodl and proof of stake, both rewards you for having your coins in your wallet right?
White_A

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:41:00 AM

The QSP reward system is very similar to the wings system, but the dividends from the wings are much higher and the reward depends on the coin holder and not on the will of the case
sloturtz

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:02:19 AM

interested in hearing more about this.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:00:32 PM

The QSP reward system is very similar to the wings system, but the dividends from the wings are much higher and the reward depends on the coin holder and not on the will of the case

Can you explain me the reward system of WINGS? Im also holding Wings, but never had any divident payout so far afaik. Do I have to do something with it besides from holding them in my wallet? I participated once in one of the bets on ICO's, but was totally mistaken back then.
jwpoke

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:14:50 AM

Can you explain me the reward system of WINGS? Im also holding Wings, but never had any divident payout so far afaik. Do I have to do something with it besides from holding them in my wallet? I participated once in one of the bets on ICO's, but was totally mistaken back then.

I don't know anything about the reward system of Wings. For QSP, proof of care system, one can get rewards from participating in community, hold on to it (the longer one address holds on to QSP, the greater the rewards), participating in ICO (ICO address will get more rewards, new address will need to wait for some months before eligible), or by providing awesome advices to QSP development team.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dxbcoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:50:47 AM

What a great firgure! I have heard of QSP recently, i guess we still have a huge opportunity right?
olgazzubko

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:01:57 PM

Unfortunately, risk is not always justified.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:18:05 PM

can you elaborate on how you made this? im genuinely curious and intrigued. thanks

Nobody got even near to that bonus, not even at Tier 1. Pre-sale investors like myself made a healthy profit (x2.5) but I still hold tokens because I am convinced this company is going to be a major player next year.

paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:19:15 PM

What a great firgure! I have heard of QSP recently, i guess we still have a huge opportunity right?

I think so, but is not short term. Think of at least one year ahead.

CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:58:48 PM

Just heard about this "Proof of Care"!

Can someone explain to me how to earn rewards with quantstamp?
Right now, I only hold QSP in exchanges, if I would transfer them to an ETH wallet what else do I need to do?

Is this rewards worth it?
greed098

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:01:22 PM

how do you participate? been holding for a while but left the coins at  my binance account.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:32:40 AM

I don't know much about the Wings system I rekon, and I know that there are other coins that yield fees and dividens. However, I can't help thinking that since QSP has not yet given the first dividend, you cannot really evaluate that. Unless you have some source that I am not aware of.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: