Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ POOL CLOSED ] Mainframe Mining Cooperative  (Read 33611 times)
Math Man

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:04:01 AM

Guys,

there were issues.... Sad  im on it.

I can't connect. I'm going to bed now, but I'll point my rigs at you in the morning if everything is back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spankymio

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:08:06 AM

And guys, I have pointed the luckiest GPU I had to the pool now.

Nice one!  Grin
grid

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:49:53 AM

I do believe that this pool has potential, which is why I stuck with it through the first very unlucky week. And then wham - 3 blocks in a single day.

I will create a couple of banners for the frontend and forum sigs. I'm no PHP developer, but I'll have a look at the code anyway and see if I can contribute any ideas on how to improve.
klaaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:22:14 AM

Some more stats would be really nice. I think of sharecount for the last blocks and the individual shares submitted/rejected by the workers.
AnnihilaT (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:32:22 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 11:45:07 AM by AnnihilaT

All,

Thanks for bearing with us.  As you should be able to see things should be back to normal and blocks 1 & 2 have been confirmed and paid for.  

The issue we ran into was a silly one that was a combination of factors but the main one being that i had tweaked our DB server for higher load but had forgotten to restart the daemon so it would parse the new configurations settings for them to take effect.  

When we hit the first payout,  our DB server basically took a shit trying to parse that huge first round and do calculations because the server itself was misconfigured (actually default configured and without my tweaks).  I brought everything down for a bit to preserve integrity of the data and then solved the issue and brought everything back slowly piece by piece.  

There was no data loss but we stopped accepting shares for about 30-45 mins which might have kicked some of your miners to backup pools.  

At any rate,  thats one mistake that should not happen again and the next confirm round for block 2 went as planned.  

One last thing i had to do when restoring everything back to how it should have been and testing to make sure it was ok was to set everyones auto payout thresholds to 0 so that nothing nasty would trigger while i was running tests.  

You will have to log in and reset these to the payout triggers you had before and you can either do a manual payout or you can also just change the threshold back and wait 5 minutes or so until the next stats run and then you should see your payment go out automatically.  

Thanks for bearing with us... As Vladimir says.... growing pains Smiley  We plan on slowly bring more stats and more data into the website as we get time.  We want to be transparent but since this is not our full time jobs (yet?) it will take a bit of time to bring in new features.   Betters stats and explanation of them is a high priority for us as well tho.  

Cheers,
Anni
Math Man

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:37:11 PM

Thanks for the hard work.

The very first thing I did when I woke up was take my workers off my backup pool and put them back on MMC.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:21:09 PM

I do believe that this pool has potential, which is why I stuck with it through the first very unlucky week. And then wham - 3 blocks in a single day.

I will create a couple of banners for the frontend and forum sigs. I'm no PHP developer, but I'll have a look at the code anyway and see if I can contribute any ideas on how to improve.

Very cool of you!   Im curious!   Thanks for helping out and always open to any help we can get.  much appreciated.
ihokamik

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:00:21 AM

And a 4th one for Vladimir!  Grin
ihokamik

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:30:49 AM

AnnihilaT, since you are looking for suggestions.   I think it would be nice if the pool had a payout history page.   Maybe you could also add a public payout page showing the donations history.   I have no doubt about your integrity but I think it would be a nice way to advertise and gain trust from miners.
kripz

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:59:10 AM

Where can i check ny number of share submitted and total shares per block?

Merged mining, free SMS notifications, PayPal payout and much more.
http://btcstats.net/sig/JZCODg2
ihokamik

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:57:42 AM

This was a story of block 136951

Are you sure it wasn't block 136920?   That block is shown as found on both Slush's pool and MMC and I don't understand why.
Math Man

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:49:06 AM

2 more blocks. Nicely done.

That was the first block I've ever solved!
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:06:36 AM

AnnihilaT, since you are looking for suggestions.   I think it would be nice if the pool had a payout history page.   Maybe you could also add a public payout page showing the donations history.   I have no doubt about your integrity but I think it would be a nice way to advertise and gain trust from miners.

Yeah for the donations.. We have plans to do that for sure and im testing the code on a test platform right now.  Maybe this weekend. 

RE: payout history - what are you looking for here?  you mean personal payout history per user?  Im not sure people want their payouit information publicly available?  Huh
spankymio

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:06:38 AM

RE: payout history - what are you looking for here?  you mean personal payout history per user?  Im not sure people want their payouit information publicly available?  Huh

I'd like to see my payout history under my account details, purely for my eyes only.

The amount donated to date should probably be emblazoned across the top, next to the pool rate/workers etc. as this is important information.  Grin
ihokamik

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:53:05 PM

Yes I meant a private page detailing the user payout information.    I figured you could use a similar layout for the donations except that this one would be public.   

Alternatively, the system could just send an email when a payout occurs.  The results would be the same.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:42:40 PM

hi guys!

First 0.50 BTC donation paid out!  You can see it here:

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/b179b5523f444ba08ff62b18d58cb919a59f4a5a7b89175b4b641650f41b919e

I had to cover this one mostly out of my own pocket since we are on 0% fees for most of our active miners but full disclosure, we should have a bounty incoming for this to help reimburse me and cover some of the upcoming blocks till donations and new miners can help cover it.   I will shortly have a page up and available documenting where your donations end up and who they are sent to.

(More full disclosure:   Im one of the 19 developers on the list so i made 0.026 BTC of that money back!)
hehe.. Cheesy Cheesy 

In other news, Ive brought some of the stats back that were gone for awhile and changed how they work a bit.  It should be pretty clear how it works if you look closely at your stats bar on the left.

More will be coming as i get the time.... lots of irons in the fire right now and again thanks to all of you making this a possibility.   Mainframe rocks! Cheesy
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:29:24 PM

Connected to this pool this morning before I read all the info about it. Wanted to see the stability over 12 hours first, so I used 1/2 a 5870. I'll switch fully over now, it may not be completely free but I like the concept!

Have I missed something casually perusing these forums? Why must it be 120 blocks? That's a relatively long time.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
ihokamik

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:41:11 PM

I had to cover this one mostly out of my own pocket since we are on 0% fees for most of our active miners but full disclosure, we should have a bounty incoming for this to help reimburse me and cover some of the upcoming blocks till donations and new miners can help cover it.   I will shortly have a page up and available documenting where your donations end up and who they are sent to.

I was under the impression that the early adopters were not paying the pool 0.5% administration fees but that we were still giving 1% to charity.   Are you saying it's not the case? If so, I will gladly add 1% to the additional donations.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:02:02 PM

Added DTD (donations to date) stat at the top as suggested (good idea, btw!) Smiley  Click on it for more info!

I was under the impression that the early adopters were not paying the pool 0.5% administration fees but that we were still giving 1% to charity.

No thats not the case.  0% fees is 0% fees.   There really is and was no catch to that.  We arent making anything right now (in fact we are at a loss if you dont count the bounty) Smiley

the idea was that the early adopters would help bootstrap the pool and that the latecomers would be the ones that the opensource devs and writers could benefit from.   We are currently trying to come up with a better approach that will make everyone much happier.   We will of course keep you up to date. 
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:03:52 PM

Connected to this pool this morning before I read all the info about it. Wanted to see the stability over 12 hours first, so I used 1/2 a 5870. I'll switch fully over now, it may not be completely free but I like the concept!

Have I missed something casually perusing these forums? Why must it be 120 blocks? That's a relatively long time.

Welcome! Smiley

Simply because we are a new pool and dont have the reserves to front the 50 BTC ourselves yet.  Until 120 confirms there can always be a risk that the block we found can be orphaned and we receive no money for it.  At the moment, making no profit, we havent yet decided to take that risk.   We arent the only ones who work this way, btw.  Most other pools are similar.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: