Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Neutrality  (Read 214 times)
bustun101 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:36:51 PM

For those of you who don't know already, net neutrality is in danger. The new FCC commissioner Ajit Pai is a former Verizon lawyer, so there's a big corporation controling their puppets in the government. In a few weeks there's going to be a vote on whether to end net neutrality or not. I'm scared this will go through, what do you all think about this issue?

Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2017/11/26/when-the-fcc-kills-net-neutrality-heres-what-your-internet-will-look-like/#7c37f2e54c68
Tell the FCC no: gofccyourself.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:58:32 PM

I don't mind paying for some kind of content, quality always needs to have its price set high. But, paying to use a forum or to read news reminds me of me paying extra $10 for Sports channels. Was this what the internet was created for? So the big ISPs can launder huge amounts of money and make huge corporations pay them and the normal users not enjoy any benefits out of it. I hope this won't go through, because if it does I honestly believe that the people in my country will forget how it's like to use the internet.  Huh
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:00:49 PM

NO LAWS!!

Let the free market sort it out..

I am against net neutrality.. Let netflix and google pay for their usage, not me..

Keep the stupid government out of it and let the market sort it out..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:51:03 PM

The attack against Ne Neutrality is pergaps one of the most dangerous menaces against the free internet. Once Net neutrality will be gone, most of the websited in the internet will be hidden to most of the population.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:06:36 PM

Net neutrality has never been a thing!!

"net neutrality" is the change from free market to more regulation..

You must know this about US politics, the stupid name that they give their laws/bills whatever, they make them sound warm and fuzzy so people will go for them, often the name is much different than the effect..

Take for example..
The affordable care act.. lmfao affordable ha
patriot act.. heh, patriots, true patriots are almost always right winged libertarian liberty minded and do not like the "patriot act" at all.. Maybe they meant "attack the american patriot" act?

You get the picture?
Net neutrality is them sticking their fingers in your internet jus like the patriot act was sticking their fingers in your right to privacy on the internet and the affordable care act was them sticking their fingers in your healthcare..

They just DO NOT EVER make things better for the majority involved, they just make things better for the special interest..

Who wants "net neutrality"?
Netflix, google, amazon, hige internet companies...

Why? Because they are trying to get the user to pay for their data usage instead of the provider like netflix and google..

The free market is trying to charge the mega companies and net neutrality is tring to put the burdon on the end user..

Is this bitcointalk or snowflaketalk?

Crypto is liberty, I don't understand the leftism around here..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Jahreer

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:17:20 PM

BRKNG!

**The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under the direction of President Trump, has voted to repeal Obama-era rules governing net neutrality.**
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/net-neutrality-vote-live-updates-ajit-pai-latest-meaning-date-blog-stream-internet-change-a8110236.html

Very sad news for today!!
There is still a chance that Congress will review FCC's decision..
But Internet (at least how we know it) is in a big danger now!

Follow the #NetNeutrality hashtag on twitter,
this may be the most important battle of year 2017.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:44:10 PM

Margret Thatcher told the UK that if we privatise the energy companies it would bring in competition and that would lower the prices..
BUT it never the big money dudes bought all the little guys out and then charged what they want electricity is more expensive than when the public owned it..

At least we the UK made the profits and could use it to build better roads instead of some guy making all the profits for him or her self..

Now what happens if the few own all the rights ?..Then they charge what ever they want for you to view stuff on the internet  Cry..
Also they can block what ever they want and not let the masses view things ..

A politician has done shady stuff a royal a lordy shit face all done bad deeds then these guys can stop the masses from seeing it or charge so much the average person cannot afford to look at the content..

Now remember if your rich most don't care as long as they are doing well..
So if something wrong about the poor and they can afford to see it on the internet they will not say anything to anyone because they are rich and don't care.. Cheesy..

So to sum it up..

Charged way more for internet ..
Loose rights to certain free sites..
Loose the knowledge of bad politicians and the likes ..
Loose the knowledge of bad government the cops ..
Loose the fact we can all get together and gather in many many numbers to tackle a problem our government as put us under..

And as you all know around the world many many leaders can be ASS HOLES Wink..
0o

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:45:39 PM

This is absolutely terrible, once the Net Neutrality will be gone, so will the Internet as we know it. Sad
Onomsum

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:25:24 AM

Cry
The right to never do manual labor because I decide who is who in our virtual world. Where can I get that power, and why would I need it?
Onomsum

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:34:03 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 08:04:26 AM by Onomsum

Which ever online services charges consumers the most, will determine who is who, in prevailing and in the future destroy our individual, and those of our children, opportunities to save or earn by utilizing the internet. Our enemies have become too LAZY to innovate, too dull to be creative. It's take take take, artificially boost the stock market for companies who otherwise cannot succeed without competing fairly in the future. This is about ensuring the future for a generation of reckless, irresponsible rich kids who aren't disciplined enough to actually participate or contribute to the future society.
Which ever company runs and plagues us the most successfully with advertisements for products we'd otherwise not use because we don't need, will have the money to continually prioritize their presence in our virtual world.

Utilizing and enjoy the internet has been my hobby for 17+ years, and people who work less than me, who make more money than me, need to ruin my enjoyment to make even more money. Excuse my poor grammar and english but, are they fucking dying of cancer? If so, hurry the fuck up.

If a list is brought forth or i find it on my own, of who is who, in regards to which companies lobbied for this, stand to profit from this, and which companies fought against this and stand to lose. I will happily actively boycott them for the rest of my life, as well as anyone associated with the ceo's, their family members, and associates.
Why are these people so god damn desperate to take things away from people. Cannot the government just fucking win their war against the opium epidemic and quit kissing ass to the countries who cultivate it. Why must they want us to die..  

I DON'T WANT TO ENABLE A BANK, WHO OVER CHARGES CONSUMERS THE MOST AS AN INVESTMENT, A LEG UP.

How about just enable the abortion clinics to preform abortions on individuals at any age, I am 33, if its 50 dollars to abort me, that is fine, it is about as much as i am willing to give to do myself the favor.

Why can't these piece of shit rule benders realize its about time to get a regular god damn job like the rest of us.

My only options are dying or getting a passport and being able to abandon contributing to this country, I need to get citizenship else where... it's all too apparent.
The rule makers don't live like the rest of us, they are fucking absolutely clueless.

Hope you guys feel the same way besides the want to kill yourselves part.
Onomsum

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:20:52 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 07:31:38 AM by Onomsum

Roll Eyes
hate to remind you fucking sissies about beverage neutrality

funny is they don't have the balls to do this to alcohol or tobacco... are internet users actually more dumb?
Vseguin45

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:11:44 AM

I'm totally against net neutrality. This is bullshit It's going to benefit operators and ISPs very much.
And private individuals lose out. I'm lucky i live in France and net neutrality is still respected, but i'm afraid that because of the United States, there will be an impact in France.
Redbackone

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:19:07 PM

I look to the US passing this and cringe that the rest of the world is going to try and follow them. Fcuk the media companies and their bullshit.
cryptoflyer

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:41:14 PM

Thursday 14th was a historical day, sadly. Net neutrality was a pillar of the foundation of the Internet. The end of equal treatment of internet services means that companies will likely begin assigning speeds and prices based on their 'customer preferences', 'company strategy' or 'willingness to pay' for instance.
uscarrafone

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:17:45 PM

This is crap, but at last I don't think internet can be totally regulated as much as cryptos can't, there would be tons of off shore services to bypass this kind of regulations and ISP would be forced not to lose customers trust.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:38:40 PM

For those of you who don't know already, net neutrality is in danger. The new FCC commissioner Ajit Pai is a former Verizon lawyer, so there's a big corporation controling their puppets in the government. In a few weeks there's going to be a vote on whether to end net neutrality or not. I'm scared this will go through, what do you all think about this issue?

Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2017/11/26/when-the-fcc-kills-net-neutrality-heres-what-your-internet-will-look-like/#7c37f2e54c68
Tell the FCC no: gofccyourself.com

I really worry about this.
I'm afraid it's first step before controlled Internet.
I guess, in the near future, i order to see some content on Internet (with high emand), we will have to pay.
We may even have to start paying for every sent email or post on FB...
It's very bad decision and against our freedom.
Internet should be neutral and free to everyone, not like this, with restrictions.
I really hope that other countries will not follow this decision.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
gerbo

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:28:08 AM

Netralitas bersih yang signifikan berkaitan dengan hak khas kami mengakses informasi secara bebas,adil dan tanpa segala bentuk diskriminasi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: