Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The $1000 crypto portfolio. I have some questions!  (Read 261 times)
mintymoney (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:50:15 AM

Hello all,

I'm diving into the world of crypto. I find it fascinating. I have $1000 to invest and I'm curious how one would approach creating a portfolio in the beginning. (Yes this is money I am aware I may lose)

I see some people go full large cap, with large percentages in BTC and ETH (or the other top 5) with little to no alt coins, and then I see others with a much larger percentage in alt coins in the medium cap - low cap range along with the large cap.

I'm very interested in a few alt coins , but I am unsure how many to invest in the beginning since I am just starting out. My goal is to keep these coins long term. Is it wise to invest in BTC/ETH now and then when I get more money invest in alt-coins I see value in? Or should I get in now while certain alt coins are lower and invest in those first.

The alt coins that have caught my eye are as follows:

Waves
Adex
IOTA
NEO
OMG
LTC
Ark
Lisk

So I could use some help in terms of how many I should be investing in to start off with (with my $1000) and then how do I expand the portfolio going forward? There are so many interesting technologies to invest in so that's where my confusion lies. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks for your time,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digimarketblockchain

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:08:06 AM

Your budget is enough to experiment witha a masternode. Arc is a cheap one for masternode. Rest in portfolio you can keep waves ie. A long term coin.
rbelkin

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:43:30 PM

Your choice is good. But usually I hear recommendations for beginners to invest in btc or eth the most you have. and a little bit in alt if you want. As for me, I prefer to keep at least 90 percent in btc and eth. I'm pretty sure that nothing can happen to them. And I also believe in IOTA. I think it's good for a long term
mintymoney (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:05:38 PM

Your choice is good. But usually I hear recommendations for beginners to invest in btc or eth the most you have. and a little bit in alt if you want. As for me, I prefer to keep at least 90 percent in btc and eth. I'm pretty sure that nothing can happen to them. And I also believe in IOTA. I think it's good for a long term
So say I did start with mainly ETH and maybe 1 or 2 alt coins. What then? How should I add on to the portfolio from there? I see a majority of portfolios have 6-10 coins with varying market caps. How should I approach getting to a more diverse portfolio?
mapar

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:26:27 PM

I have almost the same situation as you have. I am making a portfolio of 10 different altcoins + bitcoin to break the risk.
But what I do is to check every single cryptocurrency thoroughly and read all documents about it before I do trade.
I would suggest to do a complete research on every single one of them before going for it.
mintymoney (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:23:23 PM

I have almost the same situation as you have. I am making a portfolio of 10 different altcoins + bitcoin to break the risk.
But what I do is to check every single cryptocurrency thoroughly and read all documents about it before I do trade.
I would suggest to do a complete research on every single one of them before going for it.
Is that what you are starting off with initially? 10 coins?

Most of the ones I am interested in are large market caps, so I am concerned about creating a portfolio initially with just large caps. ETH is going to be my main squeeze, but I am unsure how else to diversify it in the beginning.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:46:56 PM

Waves is shit mate, i dont understand why you really want to invest in that altcoin, it is pretty dead and it will not give you any profits, because that is probably the only altcoin that hasn't been rising during the last few days.
There are better options on the market, IOTA Is one of the biggest altcoins that i have ever seen, they are probably going to be the best projects that we are going to have by next year.

How knows if the price would not make x10 or x5 during 2018? I really think that it is possible, just look at their devs, they are brilliant, and i really believe on all those things that they have been saying during the last few months since iota was released.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
mintymoney (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:46:18 PM

Waves is shit mate, i dont understand why you really want to invest in that altcoin, it is pretty dead and it will not give you any profits, because that is probably the only altcoin that hasn't been rising during the last few days.
There are better options on the market, IOTA Is one of the biggest altcoins that i have ever seen, they are probably going to be the best projects that we are going to have by next year.

How knows if the price would not make x10 or x5 during 2018? I really think that it is possible, just look at their devs, they are brilliant, and i really believe on all those things that they have been saying during the last few months since iota was released.

Why do you think it's shit? From what I've been reading , it looks like it could be a solid choice. At least enough to be a small portion of my portfolio.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: