Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:00:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you explain terrorism to a child?  (Read 684 times)
amberlinni

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

Yet another horrific and senseless act of violence has taken place—this time in Las Vegas, where an apparent lone gunman opened fire on a crowd of concert-goers and killed more than 50 people and wounded more than 400 others. It's the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. It also brings to mind another tragic and sensless act of violence that took place at a concert: The attack in Manchester, England, where children were among the 22 victims of a suicide bombing that took place at an Ariana Grande concert. When such senseless, devestating events make headlines, it's natural for children to hear about it and ask questions like, "Why do people want to hurt us?" How to answer this heartbreaking question is something no parent is naturally prepared to do.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aabmho

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:44:11 PM

We'd all like our children to remain blissfully unaware of terrorism, but don't expect that you can shield them from it. "Kids are very intuitive and perceptive," says child development and parenting expert Denise Daniels, who has helped children around the globe cope with losses as a result of tragedies such as 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia. "If they don't hear it on television, other kids are going to be talking about it. They can see that their parents maybe are more concerned than usual, paying more attention to the TV. They may overhear adult conversations. Even if they don't know what it is, they still know something's happening. Having information can actually help take away the confusion, and help kids feel better."
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:03:19 PM

Thank you for that wonderful question( just kidding ).  Grin

You don't need to explain terrorism to children, they are minor, they are innocent, now why would you pollute their minds with things that they should not be thinking? instead of explaining terrorism to them, why not teach them about heroism? what they could contribute to the community as a kid.

That's all, Thank you( kidding again ).

Unfortunately in some regions of the world, it is a necessary part of growing up to explain terrorism to children. Burying your head in the sand and hoping that your children grow up safe and sound is simply not an option for some. Obviously there are certain details that you can adapt depending on the age of the children, but sometimes children need to hear the truth, no matter how destructive it is. Avoiding topics like this can lead children to draw their own conclusions through the influence of others, and potentially steer them down a dangerous path. Not an easy subject, but death never is. And just because you teach them about terrorism doesn't mean you can't teach them about heroism too, it's all part of the same conversation.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 02:55:09 AM

I have come across watching Ms. Universe 2017 a while ago and have stumbled upon this question. Terrorism is rampant and a hot topic when it come to news and other media,being an elder or a parent, how would you exolain terrorism to a child?

they are violent interest conflicts a party is using terrorism as a tool to achieve what it is considering important or valuable, this can be thought altruistic but also nonaltruistic completely egoistic goals.

terrorism is as old as life is itself, a snake kills its prey to achieve its interest (food) its also a form of terrorism

regards

dianapoliss

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:22:49 AM

Limit TV so you know your children are only getting age-appropriate information. American Academy of Pediatrics CEO Karen Remley, MD, MBA, MPH, FAAP, issued a statement last November warning against exposing kids to news reports: "As pediatricians, we know that violence can have lasting effects on children even if they are only learning about it through the media. The AAP urges everyone to take care with the images that children see and hear about."
tlanza

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:45:37 PM

Then, relate what happened to experiences kids can understand. For example, Daniels suggests: "'You know when you get in a fight with your friend because you want the toy, and she wants the toy at the same time? And only one of you can have it? People fight and they get upset when they can't have what they want, or a loved one is hurt, and these are all different reasons why people get in big fights.'"
Cheerfulmule

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:03:54 PM

I have come across watching Ms. Universe 2017 a while ago and have stumbled upon this question. Terrorism is rampant and a hot topic when it come to news and other media,being an elder or a parent, how would you exolain terrorism to a child?

You can't, not by terminology or even through metaphors.
I believe children can't understand what terrorism is all about especially at a young age. Maybe we should tell a child that people have different ideas and beliefs and they always disagree with one another. sometimes people have principles and they prefer to hurt others in order to prove their point and just to satisfy their beliefs. For me, this is the answer i could come up with. Its hard to explain but in due time, a child will eventually understand what you're trying to say.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:53:40 PM

I remember as a child getting a toy gun   so what do you think i thought i would use that for?
My nice toy plastic pump action shot gun < 1970s UK ..

So as a child i knew what to do with a pump action shot gun at 3 or 4 years old  BANG your dead..
In the UK we grew up with the thought IRA could blow us up nothing new to Muslims BUT as a child i still
went about me business didn't care   ..Most children don't they just want to play   so no real need to explain because they will soon work it out..

Bit like sex <You soon find out where to stick it..
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:01:07 PM

The simple way to explain terrorism to a child, is making the child know the implications to telling lies and believing the wrong things.
So you'd describe a terrorist as a liar who believes in wrong things? That's so accurate, the child would most likely start calling its misbehaving friends that way.
-I ate ice cream yesterday!
-I don't believe you!
-You terrorist!

Cheesy

raversion

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:00:46 PM

Listen to their worries and help them name their feelings. "What we're trying to do is help kids cope and understand what's going on, but we're also teaching them coping strategies that can last a lifetime," Daniels says. "Young children need to have a vocabulary for what they're feeling. How do you express feelings? What do you do when you're angry? What do you do if you're sad? How do you respect people's differences?"
kikuka

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:19:37 AM

People think otherwise. For the most part, people all over the world can get along with other people, although we have different opinions. Some people do not even want to get along with other people. They refuse to acknowledge the fact that others hold different views and will not stop at nothing to impose these opinions on others.

They use violence when they can, because it is very effective. Their goal is not only to harm people (which is bad enough), but instead their goal is to scare us. They want us to be scared.

Now this is what comes to mind when I think about what to say. The problem I see is ... I do not want my daughter to be afraid when I tell her this. I would like to think that our national security is able to protect us and would like us to feel safe and secure. No matter how I compare it, I'm not entirely sure.
Jane Moore

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:31:23 AM

Imagine that you have a sister or brother, big dog, your family lives in a comfortable house, but one-day the neighbor boy will come and say that you should leave
otherwise he will destroy your house and kill your dog. That's the way terrorists act.
_Gajah

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:03:14 PM

I will explain that terrorists are human beings whose education is not well directed, so they are out of control / lack of parental guidance,
And I will monitor my son, whatever he does I will have to know, so anything in worry does not happen.
If you do not want your children to be disobedient, then you should monitor and give them positive feedback so they will not be easily affected by negative things ,,
I hope this helps.
Shitcoins Whale

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:52:30 PM

I absolutely would NOT explain terrorism to a child, nor should you, unless you'd like to terrorize him, in which case YOU'd be the terrorist.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:40:00 PM

I would be sure to arm my children with as much knowledge as possible

Best to say it how it is

President Obama is sending money to Saudi Arabian Princes who pay bad men money to work with what they call Syrian rebels to overthrow the Syrians leader.

With the
US (United States bad government),
Five eyes intelligence (western allies Secret Spy agencies ),
the British (England bad government)
and the Central Criminal Cabal Banks (Banks that stand at the center of money in countries)
they used these terrorists (very bad men) around the world.

Each time they come on TV I would tell a story of all the bad things they have done

..." You see here Jimmy, this is President Obama he bombs people, we do not like that"...

..." You see Jimmy this is Blair/Howard and Bush they are the biggest criminals who also like to bomb people"....

Grin
Browncephas

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:49:50 PM

imagine your kid staring at you so scared and ask...   "Why do people want to hurt us?
How to answer this heartbreaking question is something no parent is naturally prepared to do. "We're all looking for ways to explain something that's impossible to explain—because we don't understand it, It can be difficult to explain terrorism to kids. After all, when such acts of violence don’t make sense to us, how on earth do you explain it to children?
Unfortunately, terrorism is a reality in the world we live in. And it’s important to broach the subject with our kids.
I think we can start by talking mindfully of bad actions in scenarios they can simply understand like people aren't bad its the something bad that they've done, and also bad actions and behaviors relating to terrorism. This will help prevent anxiety in children and fears that 'bad people are coming to get them'.
Dixon_WestSeven

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

I think it's always important to be open and honest with your children. I don't think it's appropriate to tell children about terrorism if they don't ask. If they do ask though, I think you should do your best to explain. This should be done according to your child's understanding of other things. Only you know what explanation will be best for your specific child. The explanation could be as simple as, "terrorism is when bad people hurt other people". This isn't the most accurate definition, but it may suffice. It could be a little more elaborate like, "Terrorism is when bad people do bad things to scare other people."
kiamankudos

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:35:59 PM

can be explained as people who cause destructions
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: