Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:27:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether: help?  (Read 160 times)
Davkul (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

I don’t care

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:18:10 PM

So a week ago or something like that something like 30M usdt were stolen, I was already thinking about cashing out my tether and this event made me feel like the big fuck I was expecting to happen was finally happening.
I go into my Bittrex account, and decide to convert my USDT into ETH through changelly.com, but I find out my account is not verified so I can't send shit. I did basic verification, I even used my real infos (which I'm not really happy about) and like I expected, they didn't find anything in the records as I am not a US Citizen. They invite me to do an enhanced verification, which is even worse than inserting your real infos, they even ask you to send them a selfie (fucking gay right?), I waited a day and sent them everything. After 10 minutes, they reply to me with "Name Mismatch", I look up the same error on internet and looks like it's a common issue so I email support as suggested. After something like a week still no reply, I log into my Bittrex account and apparently I was upgraded to basic user even thought I still get the same error when I click on basic verification, but apparently now I can withdraw 0.4 BTC which is perfect. I go on changelly, and as if I wasn't unlucky enough, I find out THEY FUCKING REMOVED USDT. So I go on shapeshift, I select usdt, and guess what? TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. You gotta be shittin me.
How do I go about this? What the heck do I even do now? $770 trashed in the bin I fucking knew it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BoXXoB
Legendary

Activity: 2018
Merit: 1108

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:26:18 PM

So a week ago or something like that something like 30M usdt were stolen, I was already thinking about cashing out my tether and this event made me feel like the big fuck I was expecting to happen was finally happening.
I go into my Bittrex account, and decide to convert my USDT into ETH through changelly.com, but I find out my account is not verified so I can't send shit. I did basic verification, I even used my real infos (which I'm not really happy about) and like I expected, they didn't find anything in the records as I am not a US Citizen. They invite me to do an enhanced verification, which is even worse than inserting your real infos, they even ask you to send them a selfie (fucking gay right?), I waited a day and sent them everything. After 10 minutes, they reply to me with "Name Mismatch", I look up the same error on internet and looks like it's a common issue so I email support as suggested. After something like a week still no reply, I log into my Bittrex account and apparently I was upgraded to basic user even thought I still get the same error when I click on basic verification, but apparently now I can withdraw 0.4 BTC which is perfect. I go on changelly, and as if I wasn't unlucky enough, I find out THEY FUCKING REMOVED USDT. So I go on shapeshift, I select usdt, and guess what? TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. You gotta be shittin me.
How do I go about this? What the heck do I even do now? $770 trashed in the bin I fucking knew it.

How about poloniex? They still seem to be using USDt. After you get this sorted (hopefully) I simply suggest you to stay as far from USDt as possible...

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████
|
 UNIQUE 
GAMES
|
 NO 
KYC
|
 WITHDRAW 
IN MINUTES
|
░█▀███████
█▀▀█░░░█████████▀▀█
██░█▄█████████
████████▀█▀█▀██
███████▀▀░▀██
▀▄█████▀█░█▀▄▀
████████
██████
████
████
████
▄▄████████▄▄
██████████████
Davkul (OP)

I don’t care

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:45:39 PM

How about poloniex? They still seem to be using USDt. After you get this sorted (hopefully) I simply suggest you to stay as far from USDt as possible...

Hell yeah I will never use USDT again. I can't use poloniex though, cause I think I would have to add a bank account, which I dont. My only way to withdraw is literally convert it into another currency, but I can't do it... So far the only idea I've got is to use the official site to convert into BTC, but it's fucking nuts cause there would be huge fees most likely.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:52:44 PM

Hell yeah I will never use USDT again. I can't use poloniex though, cause I think I would have to add a bank account, which I dont. My only way to withdraw is literally convert it into another currency, but I can't do it... So far the only idea I've got is to use the official site to convert into BTC, but it's fucking nuts cause there would be huge fees most likely.

Poloniex won't require you to attach a bank account as they are not trading in fiat.
HITBTC, Houbi, Binance also use Tethers, I would suggest you to open an account at Hitbtc which is very anonymous and just deposit your  tethers over there.
Converting the tethers to other crypto currency at HITBTC is an easy process.

I attach a list of exchanges that support tethers trading:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/#markets

Good luck!
BoXXoB
Legendary

Activity: 2018
Merit: 1108

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:01:53 PM

Poloniex won't require you to attach a bank account as they are not trading in fiat.
HITBTC, Houbi, Binance also use Tethers, I would suggest you to open an account at Hitbtc which is very anonymous and just deposit your  tethers over there.

Good luck!

I second this. Hitbtc is just what you're looking for! Somehow I missed this...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████
|
 UNIQUE 
GAMES
|
 NO 
KYC
|
 WITHDRAW 
IN MINUTES
|
░█▀███████
█▀▀█░░░█████████▀▀█
██░█▄█████████
████████▀█▀█▀██
███████▀▀░▀██
▀▄█████▀█░█▀▄▀
████████
██████
████
████
████
▄▄████████▄▄
██████████████
Davkul (OP)

I don’t care

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:33:03 PM

Good luck!

I second this. Hitbtc is just what you're looking for! Somehow I missed this...

I just made an account and USDT was "temporarily" shut down. Godfuckingdammit.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:36:31 PM

This tether mess is starting to look ugly.. I hope we dont find out that Bitfiniex is insolvent because of all this fake tether printed. Could be Mt Gox all over again, except this time it's going to affect many more users and investors...

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:47:24 PM

I go into my Bittrex account, and decide to convert my USDT into ETH through changelly.com, but I find out my account is not verified so I can't send shit. I did basic verification, I even used my real infos (which I'm not really happy about) and like I expected, they didn't find anything in the records as I am not a US Citizen. They invite me to do an enhanced verification, which is even worse than inserting your real infos, they even ask you to send them a selfie (fucking gay right?), I waited a day and sent them everything. After 10 minutes, they reply to me with "Name Mismatch", I look up the same error on internet and looks like it's a common issue so I email support as suggested. After something like a week still no reply, I log into my Bittrex account and apparently I was upgraded to basic user even thought I still get the same error when I click on basic verification, but apparently now I can withdraw 0.4 BTC which is perfect.

There's hundreds of people complaining about similar issues. It seemed like one of the common threads was that Basic Verification stopped working for people who are not US citizens. It's interesting that you had your withdrawal limit increased to that of a Basic account, given the name mismatch error.

I go on changelly, and as if I wasn't unlucky enough, I find out THEY FUCKING REMOVED USDT. So I go on shapeshift, I select usdt, and guess what? TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. You gotta be shittin me.

I don't understand. Why don't you just trade the USDT markets on Bittrex? I have the Bittrex:ETHUSDT chart open, and it's ticking away normally. Why do you need to involve Changelly or Shapeshift? USDT is always unavailable on Shapeshift, anyway. I've never seen it available once over the months that I've used their service. Not sure about Changelly.

Anyway, 1 USDT = $1.01 at the moment, so no reason to panic. I would be much more concerned about the status of your Bittrex account. The third party enhanced verification service is dodgy. Lots of people with locked accounts right now, unable to verify.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Davkul (OP)

I don’t care

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:19:18 AM

I go into my Bittrex account, and decide to convert my USDT into ETH through changelly.com, but I find out my account is not verified so I can't send shit. I did basic verification, I even used my real infos (which I'm not really happy about) and like I expected, they didn't find anything in the records as I am not a US Citizen. They invite me to do an enhanced verification, which is even worse than inserting your real infos, they even ask you to send them a selfie (fucking gay right?), I waited a day and sent them everything. After 10 minutes, they reply to me with "Name Mismatch", I look up the same error on internet and looks like it's a common issue so I email support as suggested. After something like a week still no reply, I log into my Bittrex account and apparently I was upgraded to basic user even thought I still get the same error when I click on basic verification, but apparently now I can withdraw 0.4 BTC which is perfect.

There's hundreds of people complaining about similar issues. It seemed like one of the common threads was that Basic Verification stopped working for people who are not US citizens. It's interesting that you had your withdrawal limit increased to that of a Basic account, given the name mismatch error.

I go on changelly, and as if I wasn't unlucky enough, I find out THEY FUCKING REMOVED USDT. So I go on shapeshift, I select usdt, and guess what? TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. You gotta be shittin me.

I don't understand. Why don't you just trade the USDT markets on Bittrex? I have the Bittrex:ETHUSDT chart open, and it's ticking away normally. Why do you need to involve Changelly or Shapeshift? USDT is always unavailable on Shapeshift, anyway. I've never seen it available once over the months that I've used their service. Not sure about Changelly.

Anyway, 1 USDT = $1.01 at the moment, so no reason to panic. I would be much more concerned about the status of your Bittrex account. The third party enhanced verification service is dodgy. Lots of people with locked accounts right now, unable to verify.
Wait that's a thing? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can't trade USDT on Bittrex... I will try that.
And yeah by the way it's actually weird that my account now results as "Basic", I'm trying to get rid of Bittrex for that reason tho, I would want to avoid getting my account locked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: