Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold ETH until POS?  (Read 814 times)
Manojdaran (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

http://fpgadeck.com/

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 09:55:26 AM

Help me clarify this guys. Once POS happens, no more mining ETH. Then, is it good to sell the ETH, I have mined so far or hold until POS?

FPGA Mining Paradise - FPGA Deck http://fpgadeck.com/
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:59:18 AM

Help me clarify this guys. Once POS happens, no more mining ETH. Then, is it good to sell the ETH, I have mined so far or hold until POS?
It's good if you are wanna selling all of your ethereum, but don't regret if the price of ethereum will increase more and more because the supply will be limited. As you can see about a lot of people are waiting for the POS and they can start to replace the mining with staking their coin into the ethereum network.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
flipperfin

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:27:42 AM

For the long term I would keep holding. That way you will also have a lot of eth to stake when the time comes?

But i would consider selling of a little along the way, to keep some profits.
BlackFawkes

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:33:59 AM

You can sell some along the way but IMO price will continue increasing, even after POS.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:34:53 AM

Just hold ethereum alongside bitcoin for the long term. Unquestionably, many people are trading because they want more bitcoin but you can also have the option of having ethereum as well. Even if it is already POS, just continue holding ethereum because it has a bright future given the usability of it and the continuous innovations of its developer. Besides, many traders are using ethereum as base currency as well aside from bitcoin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:37:18 AM

I was also looking for an answer if "ETH starts POS, will there still be mining?". Anyways, if you own a certain amount of ETH and still not sure if its value will increase; why not try to hold 50% of it and the rest will be sold.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
swsw098222

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:40:01 AM

in my opinion, hold the eth.if you notice the price chart of eth,its price is incresing and there is much more probability that eth will reach 500$ very soon.so hold your eth to get a huge profit .
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:45:35 AM

It doesn't mean that there won't be any chance to mine ETH, you've already mentioned that they gona have PoS mining. Also it doesn't mean that mining gona be mutch cheaper. Vitalik Buterin already mentioned that you gona have to deposit a decent amount of coins to guarantee that you  won't perform any attacks. Anyway you can expect the ETH pump once they switch o PoS but it is not yet clear about the dates.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:50:19 AM

For POS - you need about 1k ETH. Do you have this amount?
Definitelly, when ETH will go to POS and reject from POW - we will see 1000$ for ETH.

coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:53:51 AM

I would be keeping 50% of my etherium no matter what and from the other 50% etherium that i would have sold i would buy tons of Etherium classic. Once etherium goes into POS, price of ETC should sky rocket.

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:56:31 AM

Why do you think selling etherium is good now? I think the price of etherium will have big potential to increase.
I still hold mine will wait till the price $1000 per etherium.
Fox-111

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:03:04 AM

So if I have 1k ETH, what is this POS?
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:12:23 AM

Proof-of-stake is a different way to secure the network. You don't secure with hash (work like Proof-of-work) but with a proof of stage. If you hold eth, you will earn some ETH that are from block reward (only fee). It's a hard step for ETH so nothing is sure for the moment. But in the first time the network will switch to PoW/PoS so you'll have both of them.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:17:13 AM

I was also looking for an answer if "ETH starts POS, will there still be mining?". Anyways, if you own a certain amount of ETH and still not sure if its value will increase; why not try to hold 50% of it and the rest will be sold.
Even i am feeling safe 50% sell and 50% holding but already i missed chance to sell ethereum for good bitcoin price now bitcoin price is increasing too much Ethereum is slowly increasing . In exchanges ethereum prices are decreasing for bitcoin exchange . I am just waiting for bitcoin price to decrease.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:27:58 AM

Is there any more sources of information on these options?

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:33:27 AM

Proof-of-stake is a different way to secure the network. You don't secure with hash (work like Proof-of-work) but with a proof of stage. If you hold eth, you will earn some ETH that are from block reward (only fee). It's a hard step for ETH so nothing is sure for the moment. But in the first time the network will switch to PoW/PoS so you'll have both of them.
Appreciate the effort to explain even i was in confusion what is POS why it will effect with ethereum price . Even i am not having enough information i need to research some may get clarity on this . As far my understanding the eth holder more than 1k will get some ether in their account periodically.
Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 11:48:46 AM

Appreciate the effort to explain even i was in confusion what is POS why it will effect with ethereum price . Even i am not having enough information i need to research some may get clarity on this . As far my understanding the eth holder more than 1k will get some ether in their account periodically.

Yes but you have to "lock" your found and wait a maturity period of 4 month to become a "staker" and securise the network. Then you will perceive all blocks fees, and the block rate you get is proportionnal to your stage. More you have ethereum, more block rate you will have. But it's a choice, you don't stake by default.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
hell3r

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:54:42 AM

I guess hold eth. No more mining eth means supply would now be limited and it surely will increase price. But in my predicting perspective, before POS happens eth woulld go down in price but not that long. It would still spike up to 600 in new year.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:16:26 AM

There is a great probability that very soon Ethereum will be considered the most reliable cryptocurrency. Its capitalization will grow in times. Thus, I think I will better keep my ETH and do not farewell with this crypto in any case. At least will wait 1000$.
wissy

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:22:17 AM

And when the switch gonna happen? I totally forgot about that but i would hold ETH in any case, it cant go anywhere but up.

feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:27:27 AM

Better days ahead with ethereum pos mining ethereum will fit so well to sustanability and price will spark. I don't intend to miss that the way I missed bitcoin

IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:29:11 AM

Is there any more sources of information on these options?

What option? switching to POS than POW option? I have not found it yet. But if you want to read about it, maybe this links will help

ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:32:16 AM

Its better to hold it once in a while because ethereum price is pumping so fast better to wait until the pumping stops
artmen007

Activity: 238

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:41:21 AM

I believe that in the short term after the transition, but the POS and the departure of the miners. Price should sink. In the long term, ethereum will be affected. Was the network test and had small problems but I think the official start will fix everything and everything will work stable. Due to this the price will go up. I think that soon Ethereum as well go over the line of $ 1,000.

High risk high payoff
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:47:07 AM

It's good if you are wanna selling all of your ethereum, but don't regret if the price of ethereum will increase more and more because the supply will be limited. As you can see about a lot of people are waiting for the POS and they can start to replace the mining with staking their coin into the ethereum network.

I agree with you. I think eth will continue to rise in early 2018. I myself have bought a lot of eth 7 months ago. and until now I still hold for several years. for the OP do not ever regret when the price starts at the pump and continues at the pump
easytipz

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:47:18 AM

There is no exact plan (timeline) for #ETH POS upgrade
Harry1v

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:54:01 AM

In the short term, there must be a large increase in the price of the company. As long as it can be held in the long term, it is certainly good for the company to transfer pos. It should be profitable for the long term.

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:00:44 AM

As i know from some whales they already buying on every ETH price drop. They do this slowly cause they want to buy much more ETH while its cheap.
And yes after POS then ETH will go to moon.
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:12:12 AM

If you hold a lot of ETHs, you can choose to dump them before the POS and keep the half for the future,ethereum will rise in the next months maybe moon in 2018.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
co1ndog

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:14:07 AM

You should hold by all means. 2018 is Ethereum year. Vitalik will bring it all over the world, so it's popularity might become as big as bitcoin's. And it will move price upwards, straight to the moon.
toddy47

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:48:40 AM

I say do not make any decisions until general consensus has been delivered. As far as I am aware there are no dates set yet, and even then it will likely be a long way out when they are announced. Use that period to try and work out which way it is steering.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cadreamsurf

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:15:53 AM

Definitelly, when ETH will go to POS and reject from POW - we will see 1000$ for ETH.
I think it is not limit for price ETH. Etherium is not only for currency and smart contract and platform. It is much bigger, if we more learn about it.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:18:11 AM

Ok guys! Do you think pos ehtereum will make ethereum stronger? what about the miner, the investment in mining gear, the fee and host of other thing that will suffer as a result of moving away from mining?

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Dynika

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:30:03 AM

You need to invest eth. Coins should work!! And you will increase your wealth.
I don't sell eth, will store up to 1000+ usd.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:49:34 AM

Better days ahead with ethereum pos mining ethereum will fit so well to sustanability and price will spark. I don't intend to miss that the way I missed bitcoin

You can already see the spike in Eth prices and it will continue to rise further. I think it is advisable to hold ETH until POS or even more later. I will suggest to rather buy more  Ethereum if you really want to take profit from the upcoming spikes.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:55:30 AM

Hold your ETH if you want to get rewards with POS. The more ETH you have, the more ETH you are going to have. But i have read that it is going to be hybrid POW/POS so it will be still possible to mine ETH i think.
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:55:52 AM

Holding ETH long term is definitely a good choice. Look at Dash, which uses POS, the price is rocketing unstoppablely.
brusnika

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:05:33 AM

For the long term I would hold Ether. Anyway is it great coin for investment! Coin with the future!

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __   
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale  Sep up to 25% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
12retepnat34

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:15:24 AM

I would also do the same to hold ethereum until the pos or even for future goals holdings, eth price is very strong and still increasing daily.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 11:19:16 AM

Hi,

I think Ethereum have to increase proportionately when Bitcoin increases and reached $ 10000

Because Ethereum have lot more characteristics than Bitcoin

So Ethereum will reach and cross over $ 600 by the end of this year.

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:45:10 AM

this might be the opportunity for eth to rise. now all coin is red. but dont think we should worry, coin like eth will steady against this kind of situation. even eth value is goind down i believe it will be back to the top again in few weeks.

Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:17:06 PM

this might be the opportunity for eth to rise. now all coin is red. but dont think we should worry, coin like eth will steady against this kind of situation. even eth value is goind down i believe it will be back to the top again in few weeks.

Its true.we don't need to worry when our coin is red for now, its going up again we just need to wait, ETH is a good coin for our future . That's what i really believe.
Amauel

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:19:58 PM

Its true.we don't need to worry when our coin is red for now, its going up again we just need to wait, ETH is a good coin for our future . That's what i really believe.

I agree. it's the market, can't be always green. Just hold.
Thewel

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:28:30 PM

in my opinion will hold true until it is stable first, but hold no risk if the price has come down will likely regret in the back, but back again to each person.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     HEXCASH     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◆◆◆◆◆     A T​RULY​ DECENTRALISED FUND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM     ◆◆◆◆◆
WP   TWITTER   FACEBOOK   ◆   TOKEN SALE   ◆   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ANN
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

I didn't know that 1k was the minimum, that's a lot. The last time I heard about it people were saying about 40 ETH would be the expected minimum.
But there will be staking pools I assume? So in that case it wouldn't matter so much about the minimum amount.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:36:45 PM

Buterin said that conversion of consensus type from PoW to PoS will take up to 3-5 years. So it's very early to talk about holding ETH until that time. But IMO the price of eth should grow up significantly with PoS for sure.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

Absolutely HODL ETH for long time or atleast till POS is implemented. Nobody knows how POS in ETH actually work I mean the staking rewards what if its Good enough? So start accumulating the ETH as much as you can. Project is also going good so there is no need to worry about the prices much in the short term, think it as a buying opportunity. Worst case scenario it'll be a good hedge against Bitcoin in the long run.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:11:33 PM

Absolutely HODL ETH for long time or atleast till POS is implemented. Nobody knows how POS in ETH actually work I mean the staking rewards what if its Good enough? So start accumulating the ETH as much as you can. Project is also going good so there is no need to worry about the prices much in the short term, think it as a buying opportunity. Worst case scenario it'll be a good hedge against Bitcoin in the long run.

But why would you accumulate now and maybe find out later it's not worth it?
There's people with 10000 eth, eth devs have millions (wasn't there like 77million in circulation already before anyone else even received, bought or mined coins), those are the ones that will really profit from POS. Not someone with 5 eth.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: