Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4474 times)
cryptocity90

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:13:49 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

it all depends on it, some token will depreciate value will some will add e.g like bitcoin you can leave you bitcoin for some years and it will add even ethereum value they will all add or decreases.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 07:14:31 AM

Yes, you can hold your altcoins in your wallet for years, nothing will happen to them. But you sould look at your wallet sometimes because the price of your altcoins may be trash.
siap86

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:18:11 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

Depending on what type of altcoin you hold, because there is an altcoin which if we hold it for too long, then altcoin has no price and vice versa.
So, it depends on the quality and durability of the coins you have on the market situation.
prrlc

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:20:02 AM

I am holding all my token on my wallets and i will continue to holding. Because i believe that next year will happened again green market.

AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

Yes, you can hold your altcoins in your wallet for years, nothing will happen to them. But you sould look at your wallet sometimes because the price of your altcoins may be trash.
Ye, it's good. It nothing happens definitely. Maybe it will become zero but nothing more.  Grin Or team can make fork or smart contract change and your alts can become zero also. But nothing more.
I advise making a smart choice. If you want to hold years it needs to choose solid alts without high risk. Such only
Maxpayne86

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:23:15 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

There is no chances that it will change through the time in smaller or bigger value IF don't talk around projects that pays dividends for their token holders, it's the only way in my opinion
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:24:00 AM

Holding your altcoins in your wallet has no direct effect on the value of the coins. Whether you hold for long or short the value will always be the same as the market price. But it is a good idea to hold for long since that will help you make a lot of profit if the market price increases.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:03:37 PM

If you are going to store coins for several years, then buy altcoins with passive income. For example Nem or Pundi x.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Leomarco

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

Yes of course.  You can hold and save your altcoin in you wallet whenever you are. But you have to be careful to protect your wallet so that you don't get hackers. And dont forget just hold the potential coin.  Dont hold coin spam.

Will09

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:30:13 PM

Sure you can hold and keep your altcoins in your wallet for as long as you can and the most important thing is that keeping your private key so that you will not lose your coins.
Gypat

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:34:06 PM

I depends on your and the potential you see in the coin. If you think it has a good potential and that it can rise then it will be better you hodl in your wallet but if you don't trust the coin, then I suggest you sell it since the value may fall further or the very bad ones may even fade away.
Arrbuzz

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:36:04 PM

You can store tokens in your wallet as much as you want, but the price depends on the market. You can also buy many different tokens. If one of them works at a very high price, you win!
nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:39:51 PM

•Will the value remain?

For example

All the answers in your questions is it all depends, it will die if you hold a useless coin, i think its okay to hold coin on wallet such as MEW for a years cause i did it. The value is determined by market so think before investing.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

Ofcourse you can. but be sure the tokens aren't scams. Be sure their ideas are feasible, they have great Roadmap, the projects have good potentials  and their developers are credible.
coinic

Activity: 352
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:47:40 AM

In response to the topic, I will say yes you can hold your altcoin in your wallet for years. But make sure it is secure otherwise you may loose your coins. there are many hackers out there looking for a possible means of stealing people's coin. one good thing is that if you are holding a reputable coin, it will yeild great interest.
You can hold your altcoin in more years of coming as far as you have a lot of wallet access because nowadays they can hacked from timw to time so for us to be safe make sure to access a lot of wallet.

terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:54:02 AM

I  have some altcoins that are more than a year now but those altcoins have a good fundamental and it listed on top 100 in CMC. If it is a pump and dump altcoins better to sell once it reach its all time high, because sometimes this altcoins will have a zero value in the future.

huteawe

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:34:06 PM

I think this isn't protected. you should put every one of your coins in disconnected wallet. Programmers are more unsafe at this point. What's more, they have numerous approaches to get your coins in online wallets
REjumik

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:13:02 AM

Truly you can...however the estimation of it we can never foresee it can be low or it can be high yet risks are the more it remain the more noteworthy the conceivable benefit you need to keep it refreshed and you must have gas on the off chance that you chose to exchange it in light of the fact that in the event that you don't have gas you wouldn't ready to exchange it. you need to anchor both your coin and your gas so whenever you need to accomplish something with in any event you're prepared.
dragontigear

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:23:57 AM

Truly you can...however the estimation of it we can never foresee it can be low or it can be high yet risks are the more it remain the more noteworthy the conceivable benefit you need to keep it refreshed and you must have gas on the off chance that you chose to exchange it in light of the fact that in the event that you don't have gas you wouldn't ready to exchange it. you need to anchor both your coin and your gas so whenever you need to accomplish something with in any event you're prepared.

Yes I agree because most wallets are created and designed for long long term but we should check regularly the wallets info for possible updates if there's changes or upgrade to be done for system security because this the most known concerns that after long term of existinse the wallets may be prone to hacking so they need to upgrade security features.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:26:27 AM

Very good question by the way, I have thought about it many times. If you say so well with a coin or token, then you can store it for 10 years, not to mention the year. It happens and such that in blockchain there is a problem and it can solve the current hardfork and softfork or simply change the smart contract by  swap. If all this happens and does not change the altcoin in time, there is a risk of losing this asset and staying with an empty wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: