Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4470 times)
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:02:18 AM

The probability of your token mentioned die in years is very high. I can only tell that only useful token will survive over years.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:51:34 AM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

Yes you certainly can. But you have to keep in mind that the value of the altcoins fluctuates. We'll never know if in the time of need, it will still be available in the market. If you think the altcoin you're holding is stable enough to last for years then go ahead and hold it. But having you ask this makes me say you are uncertain so i suggest don't. You can convert it to more stable coins like bitcoin for example. In a way, you know your coin's value will grow.

Mr.Junker

Activity: 222
Merit: 250

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:54:05 AM

yes it should be, if you get altcoin, you have to hold for a period of one month, one year or even more, but maybe just suggestion for  install altcoin monitoring application so we can monitoring altcoin value, who knows suddenly needed, but also to see the movement altcoin is whether the growth is good or not, if altcoin is not good development why should be kept long ? save in the wallet as we save.

Anabolacys

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:56:14 AM

i've hold a dead coin with no value over than 1 years, but it's still appears on my wallet but it's useless for me can't trade with it.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 03:02:07 AM

The decision is always yours make. You can have your alternate coins sit in your wallet for a year or two or you can have it traded to bitcoin now. But since alternate coins are unpredictable, it's either you end up losing or winning.

chekhbtc

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:38:37 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

Yes you can, but it might be better and solid to transfer it to Ethereum or Bitcoin cause these coins are going to grow
InahC

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:48:49 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I was thinking the same way because as of the moment I don't have any gas, so if I do get some token, I think i will store it first so that when the price is in max, I will eventually get it in years or so.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:27:30 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

I was thinking the same way because as of the moment I don't have any gas, so if I do get some token, I think i will store it first so that when the price is in max, I will eventually get it in years or so.

you can save it into your wallet or your mew account if in the mew is available to save the coin and if the coin can survive until a year then after a year, you can see that the price will increase. but if the coin doesn't have good support from the team and the community then the coin will die before a year. every coin that is release has potential to getting higher for a long term but the problem is how good the support from people to still back up this coin so the coin can exist in the market.
Shipon123

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:29:35 AM

Yes.u can hold long time.if u hold long time u can get more profit.because all coin price rising day by day
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:44:16 AM

I think it can, because the wallet is made to store the coins we have, so it does not matter we want to keep it for how long. because the wallet is like a bank (altcoin storage).

jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:55:04 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 08:21:07 AM by jaocoincrypto18

•Will the value remain?

For example

If what you mean is will die or forfeited i was not sure if there is a forfeit policy of all wallet like our bank accounts that it will forfeited our balance if there is no activity after five years but i think there is none for the digital wallet but better you read and review carefully the policy of your wallet just to make sure of this issue and regarding the value it will always depend upon the market trend. So if the digital value become big after 2 years so is your balances therefore you can hold it for years
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:10:10 AM

Absolutely yes, there is nothing to worry of holding altcoins in your provided that you have securely kept their private keys for you to recover it when time will come that you need it. But it is important also if you just regularly check your accounts if your coins are still the same and have a value in the market.
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 548

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 06:18:57 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

Ofcourse you can, our wallet can hold altcoins for as long as you want to. The value depends on your coin whether it has a high potential in the future or its only good for short term. Be extra careful in choosing coins to store, because most of the altcoins are only good for short term investment, pump and dump as they say. I suggest if you want to hold coins for long term, better choose the most stablished cryptocurrency today, like ETH, BCH , Dash, or Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
mailsforcyr

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:20:01 AM

for any kind of cryto discussion you can find in the telegram channel. you will getthe latest updates
https://t.me/joinchat/G2LlkREH_AA4dTfumcqqlw
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:21:31 AM

it is very risky if you keep in the wallet in a long time, because the wallet at risk of phishing and hackers. keep it in an offline wallet that is either very secure or in a trusted exchanger that will not scam. it would be better
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:23:54 AM

There are two important questions you must ask, Security and Value. You already asked about value to which my answer will be Yes and No. The only stable and reliable altcoin right now are ethereum, monero, litcoin and ALGORY! Top 20 list of altcoin on cmc my also be worth keeping and of course ALGORY!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Nureni

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:53:41 AM

Very well, but be sure not to lose your private key, its very important.
chimcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:26:33 AM

I think the wallets is our bank and as such, keep it as long as you are not ready to use them and also remember to keep your private keys very safe
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:27:14 AM

•Will the value remain?

For example

As far as i know you can hold them there as much as you want. GAS is needed only for transactions. There are so many wallets without money inside but only tokens, if there would be any issue, total market cap would decrease everyday.

turn the page
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:27:34 AM

I think you should keep some altcoin for the future because of the many possibilities the altcoin price you save will be expensive or rising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: