Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:35:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hold my altcoin for years in my wallet?  (Read 4470 times)
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:42:34 PM

•What if I dont have any money ? And I decided to hold my altcoin at my wallet.
•Will the value remain?

For example

I got a Klarity token and I got no gas so I will leave it there for a year or two.

•Any chances of value getting higher? Or it will die to years later?

Yes you can hold your altcoins in your wallet for as long as you want and you can hold the coins until the prices of the coin goes higher. There is always a chance of the coin you are holding to go higher but it mostly depends on the kind of market that we are in and the kind of people who are behind the coin trying to make sure it gets better.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bootlace

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:27:39 PM

In general, long-term investments tend to make investors more comfortable, because you do not need to focus entirely on altcoin.
However, you need a long-term investment in altcoin with a great potential and future to make a big profit, such as ETH? Last year, ETH unit price of less than 10 US dollars.

The question implies several answers in one. What coins do you mean? And what time period will they be kept and wait for the price rising?

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Milla Komani

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:31:06 PM

Keeping the Alcoins in your wallet is the most risky thing. In my opinion, you need to keep it on some exchanges, where they have strict policies and good security.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:53:14 AM

It all depends on what kind of coins are stored there. If these are fairly stable projects with a good team and average capitalization, it is quite possible.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:18:41 AM

It is up to you whether you want to hold coins for years. Holding coins on your wallets does not affect its price and will not let coins to die. You have to keep checking prices of coins in the market to find market prices of your holdings. If you want to sell when the coins you have held have increased in prices, you should move it to exchanges and sell.

chengyinoing

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

It's not easy to be patient when everything falls. I believe this is just the beginning, all the COINS will go up.

Long-term investments will eventually pay off, but before you go that route, make sure the project stands the test of time.
letsfly

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:21:38 AM

Yes , you can hold your alts for years in your wallet. Just make sure that you are holding promising alts and those that will last for years. Just to be safer , hold alts that already proven something and those in the top 50 - 100 .Otherwise you might be holdings alts which will be no value in the years to come.

TitsiCoiner

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:38:11 AM

It is best to keep bitcoin or ether for years, there is no guarantee that in five years these technologies will remain workers, perhaps many coins will end up in the altcoin cemetery and their networks will not work by that time.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
  ▂▃▅▆█ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram █▆▅▃▂
Soberb

Activity: 276
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:51:58 AM

Yes you can hold your altcoins in your wallet for how many years you want. But you need to transfer it to exchanges to sell. You do not know prices of your holdings until you check the market regularly. And another thing you can do sell or hold your coins for how long you want. They will not die neither their prices are different from the market prices even when you keep your coins in your wallets.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
cryptoAB.me

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:55:07 AM

Yes you should be able to hold altcoins in your wallet but the first thing is to make sure that the wallet is secure and very safe
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:56:08 AM

as long your wallet is secure and accessible only by you, you may hold your altcoin as long as you can.
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:56:37 AM

of course you can hold a coin that you think has a very good potential for several years in your wallet but you also have to maintain the security of the wallet that you have and for the price not all coins will experience a price because now many coins die after a few months all depends on the team in developing the coin
samle

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:11:44 AM

yes you can hold it until you reach the target price of the coin that you want to sell, but all of that must see based on the history of the transaction that occurred in the exchange of the coin that you hold, if many interested people can hold it, this is to avoid the possibility of a scam

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:13:08 AM

Of course you can save your altcoin for the next few years, you have to pay attention to the security of your wallet so it won't be easy for thieves to steal your altcoin. Your altcoin value can rise or fall depending on the cryptocurrency market.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 08:20:00 AM

The answer that I will contribute for you is really an overwhelming Yes. The reason for that is really because if you always be patient there is a good chance that you will be able to get good value out of your coin or token. If the company increase in value then it will be not long before you will be able to earn very big.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
Chirs

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:53:37 AM

of course you can hold an altcoin in your wallet for 1 year, and it's up to you to hold how long. Hold in the wallet is the safest place, as long as you keep privatekey.
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 02:09:27 PM

If the purse is not tied to any exchanger, then you can keep the altcoins as long as you like.
Klinmill

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:22:21 PM

Of course, you should learn more about the coin before you hold it. Not all coins are suitable for long retention in your portfolio . Need to keep, and look for growth .
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:28:42 PM

Of course you can save your altcoin for the next few years, you have to pay attention to the security of your wallet so it won't be easy for thieves to steal your altcoin. Your altcoin value can rise or fall depending on the cryptocurrency market.
Wallet security is very risky because when we cannot guarantee the security of a wallet it will always worry us. For me, saving a coin by saving it in the hardware wallet will be much safer. Buy a device like a flash disk which becomes a USB wallet. That is very convincing because the USB wallet has extraordinary security features and we can avoid the actions of hackers.
philX

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:31:22 PM

There is no point that the coin you are holding for how long is going to pass on, with the exception of in the event that you hold a useless coin. The expression for holding it for a long time is a decent HODL! The likelihood of getting more benefit is by holding a decent coin for a more extended years. You can see an awesome yield of the coin and particularly when the coin met its guide events.It's a smart thought to keep your altcoins on your wallet in the long haul if conceivable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: