Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [It is official] The price of LTC is no longer following BTC!  (Read 911 times)
smitemesmith (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:26:41 AM

Has anyone noticed that the price of ltc is no longer following btc? Anyone have any ideas why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:22:03 AM

I dont disagree with you one bit. But how it is official?  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:27:42 AM

They never were in any kind of sync. Do you have charts to show such a pattern?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
skilo

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:28:45 AM

People have been busy pumping LTC for the last few days pretty soon they will DUMP!, Watch out.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 01:30:25 AM

Let's not panic.. please remain calm.. it will only hurt a little while fontase pulls himself out of your rear.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:30:52 AM

People have been busy pumping LTC for the last few days pretty soon they will DUMP!, Watch out.

Yeah, totally. I'm so glad I dumped this pig at $2.05. This rise is nothing but a pump & dump Roll Eyes

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:02:42 AM

Kids today, pumping and dumping coins, when they should be pumping and dumping chicks Tongue

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:07:34 AM

Buzzwords I hear all the time: pump and dump

I guess the people who dumped ltc at 5 cents really were out to give you their profits. Oh no very bad lol  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 02:24:40 AM

Its an effect that was bound to be broken -

next few months  3 to 6 are going to be "disruptive" to say the least -

very interesting times.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
smitemesmith (OP)

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:26:23 AM

Although you have to read into it. I would say this looks pretty constant around 0.025 for the past three months. If you believe ltc will fall soon then the pattern will continue. 

http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:42:41 AM

Although you have to read into it. I would say this looks pretty constant around 0.025 for the past three months. If you believe ltc will fall soon then the pattern will continue. 

http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e

Bitcoin has many noteworthy stories to drive speculation. Litecoin has mtgox. We'll see how that works out for it.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Aragami

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:03:41 AM

Buzzwords I hear all the time: pump and dump

I guess the people who dumped ltc at 5 cents really were out to give you their profits. Oh no very bad lol  Cheesy

Hi Smoothie, i'm you're biggest fan and ill preface what im about to say with: i love you and i think you should give me free physical litecoins.

But on another note, completely unrelated to anything really, i just wanted to pick apart your first sentence, just because. First of all, as someone who works in IT, i fucking hate buzzwords. With a real passion. You know all those kids talking about **oh warning: /rant** fucking "the cloud" i mean holy shit. Amazon refers to their servers as "the cloud" a few times, then apple adopts the term and coins their own "icloud" and suddenly every kid and his dog is talking about the cloud. Fucking. Cloud. FUCK. Do you know how that kid felt in the matrix movie? the first one? there is no spoon? i think i understand how frustrated he felt on the inside, the kid was clearly going mental about how every other retard thinks there's a spoon there, when there clearly fucking isnt.

I feel like buzzwords ruin everything, people who want to be hipsters with no real conviction ruin everything. Buzzwords kill the real meaning of what someone is trying to express. I mean shit amazon, why not just call them servers? Why not just call them virtualized servers running on EC2, WHY AMAZON, WHY. I mean seriously, can you imagine the business meetings that these fucking executive wankers go through? They're literally adding a layer of shit to a concept to try to explain it to people who have no fucking idea about IT. "Hey buddy that wants to invest in some virtualized services, do you want to be more confused? Get a whif of this: Cloud.". I mean holy shit. Why add a layer of stupid to the truth when it's simply Virtualised computing > services for you. Why bother calling it cloud, when you have to explain it as servers running over the internet anyway? There's just no point. "So you call your product "the cloud" .. arn't i just connecting to your server over the internet?" Amazon: "well... .... CLOOOOUD".

*/rant*

I'm so frustrated right now, i don't even want to talk about what i initially wanted to talk about, this is one of those posts that you type up and then just close the page without pressing the submit button because there is no point, but my level of frustration will carry me through with it.

Anyway. The pump and dump thing. Buzzword: kinda, kinda not. Why do people constantly use pump and dump in regards to altcoins so frequently? Simple: the amount of garbage altcoin clones out there are massive. What happens when a new altcoin comes out? A bunch of people mine it, and what do all of the smart early miners do? They grab their coins after the first day or two, and sell them privately for LTC or BTC to make a ridiculous profit of approx 300%-900% of what they would have made if they were mining LTC during that time. (That's right, a possibility of fucking 9 days worth of mining in 1 day.). Then in about a week or two, people get tired of it and the early investors dont want to buy the coins anymore, so an exchange might adopt the coin, and then in about a months time, the coin is officially dead. Welcome to the "Alternate cryptocurrencies" section of bitcointalk.

That's all to do with altcoin releases by the way, the pump and dump bit is the glorious part which occurs when the said altcoin actually jumps onto an exchange. The pumping and dumping occuring during the first week is glorious, then it all crashes down and the coins become worthless. Of course, the coin is literally naturally pumped by the hyperinflated difficulty of the early week/s due to it being a new coin. When the "newcoin smell" wears off, people go find the next coin to make a 300-900% profit. Go figure. This is what Altcoins are about for a lot of people.

It's the reason why the firecoin2 thread had hundreds or thousands of posts within a week, whereas the MC2 dev thread has taken half a year to get up to the amount of posts it has in it already. People want money, welcome to human nature. Speaking of money, give me physical litecoins otherwise i'll turn into a vampire and suck them from your bloodstream, i'm sure that's where you're hiding them.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:39:07 AM

Thanks for this great post. If there were a kind of "follow" button for members, I'd push it now  Wink

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
thef

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:40:30 AM

Did someone follow through on their promises of a planned pump? This price increase is insane. From .030 to .034 in hours.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:22:35 AM

Did someone follow through on their promises of a planned pump? This price increase is insane. From .030 to .034 in hours.

LTC price can be higher than BTC ones.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: