Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:57:32 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 06:30:47 AM by Steven-o

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:16:15 PM

In my opinion the community gives it value. As it is with every currency, if its not used and accepted by the people there is no value in it. Same goes for gold. After all that is also just a metal, if people decided to value iron more and do use that as a store of value that is commonly accepted, this maybe would be todays precious "gold".
sunsilk

Activity: 2870
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:31:07 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable?

Just like the idea of steem that every valuable post, users can have a good way of earning at the same time while making helpful and informative articles through your network.

When it talks about "most" valuable, it is user friendly. This is what I can think of when it comes to the convenience of the users.

What makes an altcoin valuable?

There is a real use of altcoin because most of the altcoins now are used for generating profit purposes only and developers are too greedy enough to think about themselves and forget the real purpose of making it.

I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?
If you want people to know about your social sharing altcoin, you had to advertise it.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:37:43 PM

Actual usage of the coin in question is what makes it really valuable, there needs to be demand for it not only by investors but by actual users.
You're saying that you're building a coin based on social sharing. Care to elaborate on that?

Why do you think people need the coin that you're designing? What problem does it solve?

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:20:12 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

More than technology or usability, its speculation or we can say community awareness which determines price. I have seen many ICOs not even launched their product or service but still coin price went 10x the ICO price just on the basis of investors' speculation. For instance, check POWR.

Let me give you example, Apple shares decreased horribly the day Tim Cook announced 20% fall in Apple China's sale!

Same theorem works in crypto world too. Coin is wholly owned to open market and its price fluctuates hugely by buzz and FUDs!

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:12:59 PM

I made a youtube video that explains what to look for in ICO's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

That should help you, PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy

Positivebetting
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:16:12 PM

Just so you know,no altcoin is valuable because of its foundation technologies.The only thing that makes a coin more valuable it's the hype coin has created in the market which is again nothing  but money invested in the marketing.You can use all the great technologies you want to make the coin a success but without money for marketing,the ICO will fail terribly.
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:27:21 PM

In my opinion the community gives it value. As it is with every currency, if its not used and accepted by the people there is no value in it.
Same goes for gold. After all that is also just a metal, if people decided to value iron more and do use that as a store of value that is commonly accepted, this maybe would be todays precious "gold".

Ability of governments to squeeze taxes out of the population (on issued obligation to pay, supposedly to some shady private bankers) is the main reserve of any fiat currency today. Unlike REAL currency (that they often call virtual) like BTC, which is supported by the CONTRACT(ledger consensus) between people, businesses and all the WILLING participants, by math, open source, decentralization, and more, all ensuring there's no "interested party" that can make unilateral actions to its own advantage.  [Check out Greenspan testimony in congress in 2009 on the reasons for 2008 crash... and the main problem with the "free market" doctrine]

Now you know all you need about currencies. Do something awesome!

Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:32:05 PM

You can use all the great technologies you want to make the coin a success but without money for marketing,the ICO will fail terribly.

true. feature set is nothing compared to marketing.
people are so confused they will do themselves harm gladly if introduced to proper ideas.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:57:58 PM

Value is a fabrication of man. If there's a demand for it (market) it automatically has 'value'.
Here's a little thinking excercise: What gives a little piece of paper with a certain number on it valuable?
monoculture

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:22:34 PM

I made a youtube video that explains what to look for in ICO's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

That should help you, PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy
Thanks for the video! Great set of questions to approach evaluating ICO's.
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:46:29 PM

More than technology or usability, its speculation or we can say community awareness which determines price. I have seen many ICOs not even launched their product or service but still coin price went 10x the ICO price just on the basis of investors' speculation. For instance, check POWR.

Let me give you example, Apple shares decreased horribly the day Tim Cook announced 20% fall in Apple China's sale!

Same theorem works in crypto world too. Coin is wholly owned to open market and its price fluctuates hugely by buzz and FUDs!

So would it be smart to launch a cryptocurrency into the market as a sharable currency before establishing an ICO? If the proof of concept is already working, would the ICO be better? I mean if the community is already there?
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:00:29 PM

All of these comments are valid, I get it. However, I wonder how one could looked at statistics and figure this out. Do you think it is about the number of times a currency is named in the public? What is the data point that shows creates value?

im posible

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:45:47 PM

I think why altcoin can be valuable because of high user interest, it can happen with smart developers in marketing and campaigns. And according to my experience until recently it is a small amount of altcoin actually has a high price.

│▌            p a y M e            ▐│         ►  FACEBOOK      ►  TWITTER      ►  INSTAGRAM
TRIVIA QUIZ CONSOLE   |   ...Empowering Futures For All
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
golekcepot

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:13:32 PM

I think, Almost the same as bitcoin
Factors affecting altcoin value.
The technically can be divided into three groups as follows:
1. Supply and demand factors,
2. Sentiment and market psychology, and
3. Volatility.
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:03:17 AM

I think, Almost the same as bitcoin
Factors affecting altcoin value.
The technically can be divided into three groups as follows:
1. Supply and demand factors,
2. Sentiment and market psychology, and
3. Volatility.

OK, so let's break this down into a bit of a flow:

1. Supply and Demand:
In the current state of the market: a good altcoin that wants it's coins to be spread socially should choose a number of coins based on what? Dogecoin make an absurd amount and the value seems no to increase much. Would it be worth as much as ether if it had chosen a smaller amout of coins? It seems like Dogecoin wanted the coin denomination to be subdivided. Like Dogecoin was making pennies, while bitcoin was making 1000 bills.

How many coins would you create for your altcoin if you wanted it to be the value of $1 after 1 year.

Also, could you develop marketing plans that focus on slowly increasing the value of the coin?

2. Sentiment and market psychology
What do you think the market psychology is at the moment. I think the big investors are wary, however, with all the buzz, this could be a good time to spread the adoption of cryptocurrencies. What's the easiest way to get the average Joe to get coin?

3. Volatility
I could imagine a 3-5 year plan for the marketing and approach to try to smooth volatility. This is typically what companies do to ensure themselves in normal markets. What are some other ways?
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:44:59 AM

Another way to make your altcoin valuable is to back it with something. Maybe you could consider creating it on the Bancor network, so it has a constant reserve of some other coin in it, eg BNT or ETH.
zchprm

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:15:09 AM

As long as people are supporting it and promoting it widely. Also it should be a legit coin that don't use people just to fool them around makes it valuable.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:41:51 AM

People in this community gives value to a token or coins. If you want your altcoin to be successful and have value, you will need to advertise it well and make sure that your campaign has what it takes for people to also believe that your altcoin will really be profitable. In this forum, many of the people are really willing to invest in alt's but in order for them to invest in your coin, the coin must be well presented, unlike the shitty coins.
jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:01:36 AM

For me, all user of altcoin gives its value because if there is no user there no demand, definitely its has no value that time.

So the main factor that gives value in one coins demand of all user.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: