Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
bling-bling

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:18:09 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

What gives altcoins value is the idea that you can make trades with them and make profit. Most people who understands the system would cling to that idea. And so these people who makes up the community would faithfully engage in trading activities which builds up value for a certain alt. But then you mentioned you are developing an alt. Your alt will gain initial value based from your project’s vision which includes an 8 to 10 year plan on your roadmap. This is what usually convince people to consider a certain alt.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:23:40 PM

Projects behind altcoin make them valuable. If you create tokens wth eth or NXT or waves, the coins has no value. Projects make the coins valuable. When the project is succesful the prie of the coins will increase slowly. It is natural process in crytpto communty.
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:30:16 PM

altcoin is like bitcoin. but cant be bitcoin.
maybe we use altcoin because we earn from campaign or invest in that ico. we just make own self rich. and im sure people here following campaign for the same reason. they just altcoin, the other coin in crypto. but if many people still use, trading it, hold (for high profit's reason) it make altcoin itself valuable than other altcoin

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Conundrumwas

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:31:49 PM

As a newbie, I think alt coins become valuable if it is easy to mine like Burst or other alts that don't require heavy and expensive computers to mine.
cryptopan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:52:02 PM

For me it will be valuable if it has a silid product that has use in the real world,any coin which doesnt have product will eventually dump in the long run,invest only with the altcoins with good working product or services alteast.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:09:05 PM

As a newbie, I think alt coins become valuable if it is easy to mine like Burst or other alts that don't require heavy and expensive computers to mine.

Something can be easy to mine but have no solid tech behind it at all. It needs something more than being easy to mine I think.
A clear purpose is more important imho.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

Do you know total profit to mining Burst is worse than other GPU mining coin? You will need to spend a lot of money to buy hard disk drive and spend money to pay the electric bill every month while profit from mining burst does not enough to helo pay these fees.
Al Amin

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:29:15 PM

What makes altcoin valuable is certainly a demand from the public. You should think about your idea of ​​making coins based on soisial divisions. What users can get if they will use your coins so you have to explain in detail and clearly about the purpose of making your coin.

cryptojohn9

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:38:21 AM

If you ask me, I believe that the community makes it more valuable. If you look at its usage, it is ultra-easy to use and this is what makes its value to increase.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:50:59 AM

It makes value by its supporters or investors to the coin. Less investors means less value. You can base it also on the purpose of developing that altcoin if it is a great project or not or usefull on the crypto community. An altcoin needs a big investors to make it more valuable and also its on the developer if his active or not, its always on the creators of altcoin it depends on them how they deliver the thoughts on what is the best for building a success project.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:55:28 AM

usually in the Social Media platform, an altcoin is used to provide incentives to creators of good quality, and can also be used as a means of payment for advertising.

of course, investors will be more interested and dare to buy the altcoin if, the platform has grown into a large platform such as medium or steemit, and the greater the platform, the higher the price of the altcoin
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:00:22 AM

An altcoins will have a value if it does have a role to contribute for the society. Technologies are invented to help us in our daily lives. An altcoin doesn't just have financial values. It should have also economical values that could somehow bring solution to our economical problems, environmental problems, financial problems, etc.

btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:01:02 AM

Firstly, you need to find whether they has the ability to develop the project what they mentioned in white paper. Most of the companies now a days coming up with great innovative thought to get huge value for their coins.
JanePorter

Activity: 52
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:06:17 AM

Like many, once you read about it, it's very hard to ignore the potential it has to change the status quo. It's easy to think about it from a 1st world perspective, where it's just a payment system and "who cares?". But when you understand about 3rd world countries, crazy inflation and governments stealing money/gold from people you soon realise the power of crypto and how it's going to, and is changing everything. Maybe one day this will happen to the USA/UK, bank accounts will be frozen and a % liquidated, who knows. That's why I got into crypto.
sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:07:19 AM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

I think an altcoin's value comes from its investors and users, the market value is affected by how many people purchases the coins for its either services or just to hold thus continuously circulating and increasing its volume between traders of the same altcoin holders.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:12:50 AM

I believe that the value of any project is its product, so it's probably very serious about altcoins that are created in projects that already have a product, maybe an alpha version
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:05:51 AM

If we will study the concept of money, A currency became valuable because of the people who trust and put confidence about a certain money.  Meaning, it is the people who make a certain currency valuable.  If you caught the investors attention though a good platform sited in your whitepaper that will answer the needs of many people nowadays with a good market price and you can prove them how reputable person you are, then the market will also patronized your coin.  If there is a good demand of your coins, then good supply will follows.  But beyond everything else, it must be usable and convertible in any kind of currency.  With that concept, your cryptocurrency became valuable in the market.   
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:55:38 AM

The number one thing is partnership. If any of the altcoins will be used by business giants like facebook or google then you know that it's just easy to market the altcoin and be used by their followers and users which makes it highly valuable.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

Usually its the popularity that make a Coin valuable. If investors feel that any particular Coin has good tech and that it can be used then they will invest in it. The same goes for ICOs. If members see that an ICO has something good to offer and that it has potential, then it will something to invest in.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
eddysachs

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:50:20 AM

Popularity is very important and you cannot underestimate the influence it has on the success of your coin, however other added advantages that would make your coin valuable are the competence of the individual members on your team, specific road maps and achievements, the significant solution your coin proffers to the decentralized space.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: