Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
Pasicam

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:02:55 AM

Because of high user interest that can make altcoin valuable.
but its depend on the investor and user bitcoin and status in market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RieL

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:07:20 AM

We are the reason why there are a lot of altcoins as of bow and our current era those people who accept the value of a certain coin will be decided but if they are not accepting it it is just a worthless coin they give value so people can buy it and make profits from it if the coin is not popular it is a coin with no value at all
lambofan

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:09:18 AM

It's usually the team behind the coin that makes something valuable. The coin itself doesn't matter but what matters is mostly what it represents. What it have to represent is an idea that will have real impact in the future. There are so many projects out there that are doing exactly that, they are not offering anything substantial or of value to future customers. They are jus tlooking to make a quick profit in the booming market and many of them manage to do so, which attracts other people to do just the same. It's a never ending circle which is why we see so many horrible and useless coins circulating. At some point they will all collapse and only the strong coins will remain. These will always be the one's that had a vision and actually impemented steps in order to realize it.
Yes,definitely I  have to agree with what you just mentioned the team behind the coin that makes something valuable,this is essential because that is the basis for the development,one or several experienced and prominent developers in their field give confidence to potential followers of a cryptocurrency in particular,some of these have him or them from the beginning,other times they are volunteers or in their defect also sometimes they need to be hired,but that is something fundamental in any altcoin valuable.

sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:16:49 AM

Altcoin valuable to do in the first place the idea of the project. This should be something interesting and really useful and something that is in demand. Secondly, the implementation of this project into a product. Well, another important marketing course

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:07:51 PM

Altcoin valuable to do in the first place the idea of the project. This should be something interesting and really useful and something that is in demand. Secondly, the implementation of this project into a product. Well, another important marketing course

Did you see cryptokittens? You think this will be valuable?
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:11:27 PM

So many factors to take into consideration here op. Creating an altcoin is one thing and marketing it successfully is another thing. Technical and marketing aspects are 2 important features which will determine whether a particular crypto coin is successful or not. These two features go hand in hand to determine how valuable a coin will truly be. There are many other features like the community backing the coin, development team experience in the crypto world, regular updates to the coin etc. Luck is also a big factor in determining the success of a coin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Honglee

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:20:48 PM

accumulate BTC! Future technology, this is all about blockchain~ we connect to each other, anytime everywhere.

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:11:15 PM

I'm not sure CryptoKitties: http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/12/01/cryptokitties-invade-ethereums-public-blockchain https://www.cryptokitties.co/

Is this this going to be valuable AT ALL? It's using collectables to make the currency valuable.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:12:17 PM

According to what I have seen lately, the only way that an altcoin can be valued by investors is through a large propaganda and promotional campaign, regardless of the project behind the altcoin, as I have seen some developments in the market that really do not offer anything relevant but their promoters have been responsible for making them seem like "the currency that is called to revolutionize the market and displace the bitcoin" and get good dividends, but in turn I have seen great and innovative altcoins that unfortunately not are very popular for lack of promotion.
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:18:10 PM

Hey, I am creating a DB of altcoins that sorts through the value issue for us. Please add information that you know. thanks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCpkXVLfKb94w02ZqyDCtzvGWLghi1tlvz-odCG-S9c/edit?usp=sharing
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:39:51 PM

Main thing for me that I look for is a good community behind a coin that is important as well as the dev team being active and providing updates. Nothing worse than investing in a coin and having zero updates even if the updates are minimal they should update at least. Even if updates are bad those should be posted as well, the only time devs don't really post is when they are leaving and scamming you and regardless of whether you are doing that at the moment people will begin to think that you are scamming them. This is human nature those two traits are what I look for most and I know it doesn't have anything to do with tech but that is what I look for in a coin beyond specs. Anybody can have good specs the others are harder to come by and I appreciate them when I find them in a coin.

Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:52:50 PM

Main thing for me that I look for is a good community behind a coin that is important as well as the dev team being active and providing updates. Nothing worse than investing in a coin and having zero updates even if the updates are minimal they should update at least. Even if updates are bad those should be posted as well, the only time devs don't really post is when they are leaving and scamming you and regardless of whether you are doing that at the moment people will begin to think that you are scamming them. This is human nature those two traits are what I look for most and I know it doesn't have anything to do with tech but that is what I look for in a coin beyond specs. Anybody can have good specs the others are harder to come by and I appreciate them when I find them in a coin.

This is a great comment. Updates are super important. I actually wonder why people invest in ICOs without a proof of concept or plan for updates.
I'll add this to the database
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCpkXVLfKb94w02ZqyDCtzvGWLghi1tlvz-odCG-S9c/edit?usp=sharing
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:08:42 PM

I think the value most of this coin get is subjective, most is being driven by news, if the team is dedicated to a project and keep releasing good news to the public then the price will likely react to these updates or any major partnership

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:14:32 PM

It is absolutely absurd that you resort to people's views in this way. But I must also say that I do not recommend publishing your opinion explicitly here.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:18:02 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

Here's a google doc that I'm using to gather thoughts. Add information about your favorite altcoin. This should start to give us a stronger idea of what is happening with altcoin value. Also, I need help linking the coin prices to the spreadsheet if you're interested in helping develop this for the community.

Lol if the project is legit and it works is the main purpose of people purchasing the coin. Nobody wants to purchase a product that doesn't work.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Vladimir66

Activity: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:27:20 PM

For me most important thing about investing in an alt coin is 24h volume. I like trading alt coins in a daily basis. If i can buy or sell the coin at the moment I decide from the right price , it’s the best coin for me...
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:33:39 PM

The growth is purely based on the investment it gain along with the objective for which it has got developed. Very few projects has got real time usage, which enriches the circulation of the token. It can be on the trading purpose or through other form making a majority of the total market capital to be in flowing through out making price move forward.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:37:10 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

Here's a google doc that I'm using to gather thoughts. Add information about your favorite altcoin. This should start to give us a stronger idea of what is happening with altcoin value. Also, I need help linking the coin prices to the spreadsheet if you're interested in helping develop this for the community.

I know newbie in this forum does not guarantee you are really newbie at all.
In my opinion, if newbie rank developing altcoin mostly people will not interest, they mostly prefer legendary or at least hero member develop altcoin.
But maybe you can do your best to develop it.
In this case, something make altcoin valuable is demand. Make interesting altcoin project and make people interesting. If people interesting mean more demand and its valuable.

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:47:50 PM

We are the reason why there are a lot of altcoins as of bow and our current era those people who accept the value of a certain coin will be decided but if they are not accepting it it is just a worthless coin they give value so people can buy it and make profits from it if the coin is not popular it is a coin with no value at all
If you are seeing the fact that most of the altcoin was generated from the ICO, remember the ico has a fixed price to the token. And the price of the altcoin detemined by divide the total amount raised with the total supply of the token. The community give the more value to the coin. It's pegged with the total raised amount. The airdrop token based on the interest by the investors.
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:19:52 PM

If you are seeing the fact that most of the altcoin was generated from the ICO, remember the ico has a fixed price to the token. And the price of the altcoin detemined by divide the total amount raised with the total supply of the token. The community give the more value to the coin. It's pegged with the total raised amount. The airdrop token based on the interest by the investors.

Have you seen any airdrop campaigns that have been successful?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: