Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:10:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: was trading beneficial for you?  (Read 2934 times)
kuronokishi10 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:30:08 PM

For all the people who started trading with dreams to become rich.
How has your journey been so far.
Was there a net profit or loss till now.
Do mention from when you started trading and what amount in total did you loose or gain.
Also some mistakes that you would never repeat?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

Do mention from when you started trading and what amount in total did you loose or gain.

Trading has not yielded the results I was looking for, at least not yet. I felt like I came up with a trading system that worked and I was making money but there were 2 problems that has made trading difficult.

1) One exchange I was using was Cryptsy. That exchange went out of business and would not let be withdraw my coins, so they were lost. The lesson is don’t trust exchanges.

2) I set orders high for sells so I can make a good profit and then rebuy lower. The problem is that Bitcoin has risen so high that my sell orders went through but the price kept rising. Then it was hard to find a entry point.

For these reasons, I only do a small amount of trading and I mostly hold.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:37:39 PM

Still broke.Not me though,because I never wanted to become rich in 2 days.I surely have brains and certainly understand the market very well.

Please,not everybody in this forum is a big fan of traders and their shitty strategies.What are you going to gain from that information anyway ? You know right you can easily find answers for those questions on google ?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 07:59:35 PM

So far i making a good profit but not huge amount but when i was start in trading honestly i always mistake in trading but i learn what i did before..
the mistakes that i didn't repeat is to invest in altcoin which is not good rankings and investing in ICO and there are lots of altcoin that honestly are made only for scamming purposes..
So before you invest make sure you know the history  first..
And ialways use the coinmarketcap if what altcoin has a big volume and marketcap which is already in top 20 rankings that i think best  choice to invest if you invest in PoW coins .
This is more in demand than Proof  of stake..  Im not an active trader unlike before right now in order to win in trading you should be a long term trader..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:55:43 PM

Yes trading was beneficial for me, because I get good knowledge before starting with ths domain, and now I have some experience about it. Always there is a risk involved with trading, because we can't expect exactly the chart , but if you take your time to choose carefully the coins or tokens to trade you can making good profit.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:06:06 PM

For me personally it has been quite rewarding every trading session, but that was mainly due to the fact that I only did trading at the time the market was heavily bumping up and down within a certain range repeatedly. It's an occasional practice since the market isn't always behaving like that, but I much rather make use of these occasional opportunities than forcing myself to trade on a daily basis, which I have tried for a while. It resulted in absolutely nothing but losses, so I quickly ditched day trading and sticked to what for me is the most comfortable practice, and that's exploiting ping-pong opportunities. It's not a jackpot or whatever, but at least it allowed me to gain like 5-10% on average every month.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:14:23 PM

me personally it was beneficial but not in the way you think. I haven't made shit tons of money but I learned about a lot of technical stuff and I learned a lot about myself as well.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:25:37 PM

Trading 101: Do not begin your trading career "to become rich." That's the wrong mindset and will probably set you down a destructive path. Being a successful trader is incredibly hard work, and it can be a very painful experience dealing with long losing streaks and other setbacks.

Trading to become rich is like becoming an actor to become famous. Most people will fail at that. If you love markets, and you believe you are someone who can find statistical edges and analyze market sentiment, you should pursue trading.

I've been trading cryptocurrencies since 2013. When the crypto markets are not volatile, I trade forex and commodities like oil and gold. I'm not comfortable mentioning absolute gains and losses. But in my years of trading, my net profits are in the area of 46875%.

Mistakes: Don't put all your $$ on one exchange. You should use several exchanges, and when you are holding coins, you should keep them in local wallets as much as possible. Third party exchange risk is the single biggest account destroyer out there.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:51:35 PM

Thus far my trading experience has been limited but relatively successful, a percentage of trades have been unsusesfful but I feel that is to be expected, overall I have certainly profited a nice amount and have approximately 5x'd from my initial investment around 3/4 months ago. However it is not a large investment and so I am not getting carried away. Overall in some cases I should've booked a profit and left my money in bitcoin wherever possible as I've missed some big btc pumps while holding alts and if I had been able to ride them also I may be looking at 10x+ by now!

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:31:11 PM

I earned a lot of money because of trading, but yes, i just earned fiat money, because i lost a lot of bitcoin value. Just look at the charts, a lot of altcoins have been decreasing over their bitcoin value.

Just like it happened with doge, from 200 satoshis each, to less than 20, and it is still has almost the same value than before, only that with a 20 percent less than a few months ago.

That is the only reason of why i did lost a lot of money if we technically talk about our profits, but yes, in that time, i earned a lot.

It was a good journey when altcoin trading was on their gold days, everybody was able to make huge amounts of bitcoins just by trading a few minutes.

Hello
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:55:45 PM

I didn't goal to become rich when I traded what I'm thinking is just to have some extra cash.

Very far from what I expected, trading has taught me a lot of lesson with ups and downs and I can say that it's one of the best thing that I knew in my life.

There's a balance.  Cheesy

I can't remember on when I started to trade and the same with the gain and losses, sorry.

I can't guarantee that I'll never repeat, I know my weakness and sometimes I have a weak hand.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:17:39 PM

Trading is a job that does not always lead us to profit, sometimes I lose because I made a wrong decision. I have 3 years of Trading and this makes me get a lot of experience, there are times where I get a lot of profits and some when I suffer losses. it is a natural thing to do Trading. Maybe I've got more than 3 BTC from all the trading actions that I did, first I get Bitcoin prices that are at the rates 400USD and now everything has changed drastically, we will reach 10.000USD in the near future. If applied to the trading world then this is the advantage that we should make the best possible.
cryptician12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:30:10 PM

I'm holding half of my coins for the long-term, and the other half I use to speculate. On speculation I sure did make money, but to be honest its not as much as what I would have made by just buying and holding...

Trends in cryptoland can last for a long time and move the price very far, so if you exit early, you might struggle to get back in. The train will wait for no one.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

Trading has effects to us, maybe we gain profit or we will lose to it depends on how we handle it. For me t4ading benifits to me gaining a profit because i handle it properly and buying a coin which a future
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:31:51 PM

Personally yes, trading teach how to become more discipline every time I trade, to be more patient on my target price but of course mistakes will always be here but not big mistakes. Trading is very simple specially when you master it, but if you are not confident to do this then you will surely loose money.
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:54:12 PM

As a newbie my journey basically consists of pits Smiley
But I don't wear pink glasses, through which I see piles of money right in front. This is a difficult path, where you need a lot of knowledge, patience and the ability to learn from mistakes.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:00:27 AM

I started trading during the bullish period. I invested a lot nkt realizing the market is going down.  Now am not sure if we are already at the dip.

richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:05:47 AM

I started trading during the bullish period. I invested a lot nkt realizing the market is going down.  Now am not sure if we are already at the dip.

That's really sad but don't worry it will surely bounce back, trading is very risky specially when you have no idea on how to done it properly. That's a mistake that you should not do again, personally trading helps me to make more money and I believe in the future trading with cryptocurrency will become more powerful.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:05:13 AM

That's really sad but don't worry it will surely bounce back, trading is very risky specially when you have no idea on how to done it properly. That's a mistake that you should not do again, personally trading helps me to make more money and I believe in the future trading with cryptocurrency will become more powerful.

The market will almost certainly bounce back because we are in such a new and prospering market but I disagree that trading will become more powerful in the future, as the market grows it will surely become more stable and also more saturated with experience traders which means that profits for traders will be harder to come by and smaller.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:47:00 AM

I have been finding my feet in the ocean of cryptocurrency for year and to say it just as itnis, it has been very beneficial trading cryptocurrency. Yes it is not always sky blue, there have been bad days but all in all, i have master my game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: