Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:22:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] - Skara: The Blade Remains  (Read 32805 times)
BlockchainReserve (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 09:32:05 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 01:39:57 PM by BlockchainReserve

SKARA - The Blade Remains

Getting more out of a game than a good time.

What is Skara about?

SKARA goes far beyond an award-winning video game. SKARA begins as a fantasy world described in novels and comic books. It is also a competitive free-to-play eSports experience that players define by playing it.

SKARA has been in development since 2012.

Players in SKARA will be able to use their tokens to purchase in-game assets, access special parts of the game world, and even bet on their favorite competitive team in the eSports arena.

Key game features:

Fast-paced combat with timing and accuracy focus: Each survivor has his own 3rd person combat style with a personalized set of close combat movements and skills to fight in frenetic skirmishes against other players.

Fighting synergies between team characters: In order to master the game you will need to learn the specifics of each culture’s combat style to take advantage of your survivor’s unique skills and play as a cohesive group of warriors, empowered by each other’s strengths.

Quick multiplayer matches: You can choose different game modes ranging approximately from 3 to 10 minutes. You cannot hide in the arenas. You must kill your enemies before they kill you.

Game modes: There are 3 game modes: a 1v1 “Duel”, a 3v3 “Last Team Standing” and a 5v5 “Domination”. There are 4 arenas: “Jaarvi” is the icy scenario for the Duels, “Khilma - Lava Coliseum” and “Gâo-di” are the two scenarios where the Last Team Standing matches take place, and “Zem” hosts the “Domination” and “Siege Battles”. Nearly all of them contain interactive elements. Danger is everywhere.

Lore-Rich: The team will also continue the SKARA story directly reflecting what happens in the multiplayer game. Each culture in SKARA has its own story, mythology, heroes and political structure. Music, funerary rites, language and even calligraphy for each one of the cultures is described in the Lore and players can interact with it on the SKARA Wikia (SKARA.wikia.com). Much of this material is generated by players themselves. To date, more than 101 pages worth!

Players become Heroes: In Skara, the best players are not only rewarded with competitive earnings, they become the stuff of legend. We mean that literally, the best players actually become characters in Skara novels and first-person action games--to be played by all.

Card system: To make players into heroes, we have engineered a collectable card system which tracks player stats. The top performers become an asset on the blockchain--and of course the gain some benefit from that status!

Multiple international awards in a variety of categories, a growing community of players and supporters, all while the game was still in an Alpha stage of development!

Whitepaper   Steemit   Discord    Telegram     Facebook     Twitter    Medium

Roadmap

A Utility Token

Token generation event

50% of the proceeds will be used for R&D including the blockchain implementation, creating our tournaments and betting platform. We estimate this cost to vary between €1m to €5m.

35% will be used for Marketing to grow our already existing community.

10% of the proceeds will be used for Operations in order to continue the development of the Skara Universe by adding a single player mode and a mobile companion app.

5% will be spent on Administrative & Legal costs.

ICO Bonus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Earl D. Perkinson

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:41:33 PM

How did I know this was going to be a video game before I clicked it? lol
thegrey

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Crypto noob

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:45:06 PM

This looks really cool! I thought I were well informed in the gaming scene, but can't remember ever hearing about Skara.
The announcement seem to lack some info about what kind of token and so on, but I assume it can be found on the website, which btw is very heavy, used several seconds to load, and all the graphics makes it laggy.
I don't do much ICO but this seems very interesting.
What about airdrop?
Good Luck!

Edit: Ok, you have bounties, thanks Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

This looks seriously impressive. 5 years in development, not some random whitepaper with no product behind it. This is what I want to see in the ICO space.
dorismak

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:05:14 AM

a game has life cycle, that means that the tokens can only last for a period of time, is that right?
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:21:57 AM

Where can I see a demo and the source code please
Skara The Blade Remains

Activity: 124

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:02:43 AM

a game has life cycle, that means that the tokens can only last for a period of time, is that right?

SKARA is a free-to-play game such as League of Legends or World of Warcraft (around since 2004), so the plan is to keep updating it for unlimited time and also release new games in the SKARA Universe which will use the same currency, so it can last forever. What is called games as a service instead of a product.
Skara The Blade Remains

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:18:18 AM

Where can I see a demo and the source code please

Hi, we are working hard to release our Beta on the 23rd Jan (same day as Token Sale) so servers are now closed, but we could potentially give you limited access. Please contact us here contact@skaratoken.com
bitkomuser

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:21:57 AM

How did I know this was going to be a video game before I clicked it? lol

Usually read before click. This is a video game and it's understandable from the beginning of the text.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:58:19 AM

The project looks good. You have some (realistic) date on the product launch? Thanks team.
Skara The Blade Remains

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:15:58 AM

The project looks good. You have some (realistic) date on the product launch? Thanks team.

yes, Beta launch on the same date as the Token Sale and the release of our first novel, 23 Jan 2018. The game will (hopefully) never be fully finished as we are planning to keep releasing content forever
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:20:29 AM

One of the best answers you could give. Launching content assiduously not only extends the life of the game, but also makes it more attractive for players and investors.
cromlech_

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:22:24 AM

SKARA is a free-to-play game such as League of Legends or World of Warcraft (around since 2004), so the plan is to keep updating it for unlimited time and also release new games in the SKARA Universe which will use the same currency, so it can last forever. What is called games as a service instead of a product.

There are a few examples that go even further. Ogame was released in 1999 and still keeps million of active players.
NicolasSierro

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 10:36:10 AM

This looks seriously impressive. 5 years in development, not some random whitepaper with no product behind it. This is what I want to see in the ICO space.

Yes, indeed very good to see that the product is already in advance stage!
Stez

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:20:34 PM

Hey, my name is Stez, I am the leader of the Silent Monkeys, wich is the currently the best team in Skara as well as winning team of the first tournament.
As player I have to say that the game is really good, I've spend hundreds of hours in what felt like a blink of an eye!
I've noticed the bounty system, could anyone explain to me how exactly it works?
Influencer get Skarat for spreading the word and People that moderate and translate forums too?
thegrey

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Crypto noob

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:26:23 PM

I don't know since when, but the twitter bounty application form is working now.
Weird that not more people have participated in the bounty.
Maybe they don't like to broadcast their email to the whole world...
I find it a bit strange that @SkaraTBR's newest tweet is from late august, and that the token/blockchain isn't mentioned with a single world.
After a brief look I couldn't see it mentioned on playskara.com either, which seems to be the games official website.
Still, this can become very cool Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Skara The Blade Remains

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:45:25 PM

I don't know since when, but the twitter bounty application form is working now.
Weird that not more people have participated in the bounty.
Maybe they don't like to broadcast their email to the whole world...
I find it a bit strange that @SkaraTBR's newest tweet is from late august, and that the token/blockchain isn't mentioned with a single world.
After a brief look I couldn't see it mentioned on playskara.com either, which seems to be the games official website.
Still, this can become very cool Smiley

True, we kept it in secret for some time as this was a herd decision to make and wanted to be fully prepared before launching. And although we just put this thread yesterday, we haven't really officially launched until 15 min ago. We hope to see a lot of people joining in due course. Any question, just ask!
cromlech_

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:36:04 PM

Damn, the Silent Monkeys are here. You guys have played this game literally hundreds of hours.
Skara The Blade Remains

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:54:14 PM

Hey, my name is Stez, I am the leader of the Silent Monkeys, wich is the currently the best team in Skara as well as winning team of the first tournament.
As player I have to say that the game is really good, I've spend hundreds of hours in what felt like a blink of an eye!
I've noticed the bounty system, could anyone explain to me how exactly it works?
Influencer get Skarat for spreading the word and People that moderate and translate forums too?

Sure Stez, and thanks for playing!

So for example, if you think you can add value in Youtube, you would have to fill in the form below and follow the rules in the Bounty Program page.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc8I2J3_MOLrRaY4HzojtZqIRdVlqwuq7EvvZmrkTtAmAAOFw/viewform

Let me know if you have any issues doing so and will try to help!
Stez

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:18:17 PM

I don't recall where I read it, but you guys said that you plan on supporting the professional players of Skara,
does this refer to the whole token system and skin sales or does this refer to things like additional payment or any type of extras for pro players?
Also what is considered a pro player?
Is a high solo ranked player/streamer considered pro or only eSport players that actually get already money through their team ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: