Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tipestry - commenting platform with built-in cryptocurrency tipping  (Read 467 times)
Tipestry (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:58:46 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2018, 08:52:38 PM by Tipestry

update:

[ANN] thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4978851

Bounty campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4978855

_

Hello everybody.

Tipestry (https://tipestry.com/) is a commenting platform with built-in Bitcoin and Dogecoin tipping (we will add more coins in the future). It looks on the surface a little like reddit/etc. but it works differently. What it essentially does is lets users comment on any web page - you enter a URL and it pulls up a comment section for that site. The idea is to give people a chance to share their thoughts on any particular page - is it legit, is it fake news, what do other people think about this topic, that sort of thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 03:10:37 AM

You need to develop a browser toolbar which shows you the comments for each url.  Something like Alexa.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:52:25 AM

You need to develop a browser toolbar which shows you the comments for each url.  Something like Alexa.  Smiley

You are 100% correct, and that is the plan in the future after we get some more users. This project actually started out as a browser add-on but what we found was that it's difficult to get people to install them. One reason is that add-ons have a bad reputation because they are often something people never wanted that was bundled with something else they downloaded. Another is that it's tough to get people to try it out if they have to install something before they can see any comments, so we switched gears to more of a content aggregator style website to start with where anyone can see the comments and all you have to do to make comments is create an account. Eventually though the best way to use the platform will be once it's integrated into the browser, especially because you'll be able to see how many comments a web page has without leaving that site.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:10:33 AM

You need to develop a browser toolbar which shows you the comments for each url.  Something like Alexa.  Smiley

You are 100% correct, and that is the plan in the future after we get some more users. This project actually started out as a browser add-on but what we found was that it's difficult to get people to install them. One reason is that add-ons have a bad reputation because they are often something people never wanted that was bundled with something else they downloaded. Another is that it's tough to get people to try it out if they have to install something before they can see any comments, so we switched gears to more of a content aggregator style website to start with where anyone can see the comments and all you have to do to make comments is create an account. Eventually though the best way to use the platform will be once it's integrated into the browser, especially because you'll be able to see how many comments a web page has without leaving that site.

You are right about add-ons.I hate them.What about a link-shortening service like bit.ly,but with a built-in comment box.The users will have to convert their original URL into a shortened URL and when someone clicks on the shortened URL a comment box would pop up.I think that there was a free online service like this one,but i forgot the name of the website.
Good luck with your project,OP.

indralit

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

nice project, i try post and picture is screen shoot is cool.
for first i wrong post  Grin
add tab FAQ

Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 01:39:07 AM

You are right about add-ons.I hate them.What about a link-shortening service like [Suspicious link removed],but with a built-in comment box.The users will have to convert their original URL into a shortened URL and when someone clicks on the shortened URL a comment box would pop up.I think that there was a free online service like this one,but i forgot the name of the website.
Good luck with your project,OP.

That is a really interesting idea. Something to think about down the line, and thanks for the kind words.

add tab FAQ

Good point, will add this week. I tipped your post, please let me know if you have any issues.
indralit

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

Good point, will add this week. I tipped your post, please let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks,
why the new post below ?

add tab trending topic ,hot topic and new topic.
for not have die topic add notice

Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 03:56:17 AM

why the new post below ?

New posts start at the bottom but after each reply they go to the top. We'll probably do something more complex in the future factoring in things like tips to determine popularity but for now this keeps the trending section from being too cluttered with every new post; just posts interesting enough to get replies go the top, kind of along the lines of a traditional message board.
MrFatoni

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

SORRY

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:14:46 AM

it is decimal?  Grin

I'm sorry for everything
indralit

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:27:17 AM

why the new post below ?

New posts start at the bottom but after each reply they go to the top. We'll probably do something more complex in the future factoring in things like tips to determine popularity but for now this keeps the trending section from being too cluttered with every new post; just posts interesting enough to get replies go the top, kind of along the lines of a traditional message board.
yeah i know, but all trending topic is old, and trending topic
the page can only contain 125 posts, each new post at number 125,
if new post no have reply and other user create new post,
previous posts will be lost

Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:00:46 PM

lol, we'll fix that. Thanks. 

yeah i know, but all trending topic is old, and trending topic
the page can only contain 125 posts, each new post at number 125,
if new post no have reply and other user create new post,
previous posts will be lost

Ah, I see what you mean. Agreed, it should work that way.
indralit

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:25:54 PM

today i try withdraw and found

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:16:50 AM

Cool project. Do you plan to accept new cryptocurrencies in the future? There are tons out there without any usecase, and might be dying to be accepted in gambling sites or a site like yours.

If you're willing to accept a cryptocurrency with unique features, kindly send me a PM.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:33:21 AM

What's the point of your site? Talking about bitcoin, altcoins, trading, everything about cryptocurrencies? It's better to do it in this forum, right? I've read some posts which pretty interesting and informative but not for the comments.
There are sites that try to "compete or copy" (not sure the appropriate words to describe it) and they actually pay people to post or comments on their sites, just like you do. But, paying 1000-5000 doge? I don't think it's really worth. If you have interesting content or informative site, no need to tip.
Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 10:13:36 PM

today i try withdraw and found
https://s7.postimg.org/4x5qsnniv/image.png

This is fixed now. Please test it and confirm and I will tip you another 10k Doge.

Cool project. Do you plan to accept new cryptocurrencies in the future? There are tons out there without any usecase, and might be dying to be accepted in gambling sites or a site like yours.

If you're willing to accept a cryptocurrency with unique features, kindly send me a PM.

Thanks. Yes, the plan is to eventually have dozens or hundreds of coins supported. The tons of coins out there without any current use cases are particularly interesting because they might be fun to tip with even if they aren't good for much else.

What's the point of your site? Talking about bitcoin, altcoins, trading, everything about cryptocurrencies? It's better to do it in this forum, right?

That is a good point. Tipestry is not designed to replace things like bct that are already good at what they do. What we are going for is more the situations where there isn't currently a forum for commenting on something, for example on sites like IMDB and most news sites that removed their comment sections, or on more niche topics where there's no dedicated forum. A good example is if you go on down a Wikipedia rabbit hole reading a bunch of weird stuff and want to chat about a particular article with other people.
Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

Thanks,
why the new post below ?

FAQ added and topics start at the top now.

Also a bunch of other changes including adding visual previews to topics.
ichtyar

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:23:21 AM

1Pm715Rayzm5YykdsXavV28LmKxAqxmMZu
Tipestry (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 08:49:24 PM

[ANN] thread for Tipestry: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4978851