Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:47:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long can the US dollar ponzi scheme continue?  (Read 5310 times)
deadgiveaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:35:23 AM

Obviously the public doesn't seem to mind what's going on. This works in the benefit of the present "leader" of the United States, who will be able to keep this ponzi scheme going for as long as he wants while demonizing Bitcoins. but I don't see who else is benefiting. Do people like being poor, oppressed and stupid? and what does the leader of the "free world" have to lose by keeping them dumb and addicted to the unsustainable pyramid scheme?

Note: I have edited this post to more completely express my thought. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:29:15 AM

I don't understand why this was moved to economics. I wanted this to be in the speculation section.
McTest

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:39:17 AM

I don't understand why this was moved to economics. I wanted this to be in the speculation section.

Because there is greater availability of tinfoil hats in this section, and those hats are very much needed when trying to interpret the words you wrote.
deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:42:31 AM

Because there is greater availability of tinfoil hats in this section, and those hats are very much needed when trying to interpret the words you wrote.

tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:39:20 PM

I don't think the dollar fits the definition of a ponzi scheme.
"An investment swindle in which some early investors are paid off with money put up by later ones in order to encourage more and bigger risks" - Merriam Webster Dictionary

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Pajamaw

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:11:49 PM

Cheesy lolz on lolz
biggie

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:53:04 PM

A long time if you look at how long Zimbabwe is managing to do it Smiley
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:23:20 PM

"An investment swindle in which some early investors are paid off with money put up by later ones in order to encourage more and bigger risks" - Merriam Webster Dictionary

It's not even a ponzi scheme, it is pure theft and robbery since the gold backed them were removed 1971. But the interesting thing is, people seems do not care to be robbed  Roll Eyes

Behemot

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:50:07 PM

Isn't China doing this? Lending USA money which they will spend on chinese goods which will boost chineese economy? Both dollar and chineese economy are bigger and bigger buble. When it will finaly splash on full (and not like last time when US government printed trilion dollars and said crysis is over), it will be HUGE.

shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

Do people like being poor, oppressed and stupid? and what does the leader of the "free world" have to lose by keeping them dumb and addicted to the unsustainable pyramid scheme?

The answer to your question is YES, MOST Americunts are dumb, only interested in buying shit they don't need, find out who Justin Beiber is porking, or if Kim Kardashian and Kanye are getting along.

Take for example the recent NSA scandal. NOBODY in the US is talking about it anymore. They just don't care, and politicians have made sure to undermine public education for the last 40 years to produce a race of super retards that will build things like the http://creationmuseum.org/ where you can see Jesus ride dinosaurs.

It is the end. The fall of the Roman empire. Let's put it this way: 37% of Americunts can't find their oversized country on a fucking map (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-shehori/poll-37-of-americans-unab_b_150933.html). They are massively overweight, lazy and ignorant. They are herd, common brainless sheep, and they are fucked.

My apologies in advance to the thinking masses in the US (an endangered minority). I am not talking about you, I am talking about your bible thumping redneck neighbor Wink

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:03:42 AM

Isn't China doing this? Lending USA money which they will spend on chinese goods which will boost chineese economy? Both dollar and chineese economy are bigger and bigger buble. When it will finaly splash on full (and not like last time when US government printed trilion dollars and said crysis is over), it will be HUGE.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. It is BY ALL MEANS a ponzi scheme, where the new lenders are the Chinese, and the dollar printing press. New investor not need to be "people" per se for the definition of a Ponzi mechanics to apply.

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

I like how boy scouts apply term "ponzi scheme" to everything they don't understand dislike.

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:09:28 AM

Do people like being poor, oppressed and stupid? and what does the leader of the "free world" have to lose by keeping them dumb and addicted to the unsustainable pyramid scheme?

The answer to your question is YES, MOST Americunts are dumb, only interested in buying shit they don't need, find out who Justin Beiber is porking, or if Kim Kardashian and Kanye are getting along.

Take for example the recent NSA scandal. NOBODY in the US is talking about it anymore. They just don't care, and politicians have made sure to undermine public education for the last 40 years to produce a race of super retards that will build things like the http://creationmuseum.org/ where you can see Jesus ride dinosaurs.

It is the end. The fall of the Roman empire. Let's put it this way: 37% of Americunts can't find their oversized country on a fucking map (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-shehori/poll-37-of-americans-unab_b_150933.html). They are massively overweight, lazy and ignorant. They are herd, common brainless sheep, and they are fucked.

My apologies in advance to the thinking masses in the US (an endangered minority). I am not talking about you, I am talking about your bible thumping redneck neighbor Wink

While I agree with most of what you said (I live in the us), the perception that allot of people actually believe in the garbage that is spewed via the media outlets is simply untrue. The retards that believe in that crap are the vocal minority which grows smaller and weaker as the years progress.

America the land of the free, we take all comers, even the retards...

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
tacoman71

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:09:37 AM

I only agree with part of what you said. But then again what you said about the NSA fiasco is true. I don't understand how people don't care that their 4th amendment rights are being infringed without the knowledge of the public! At least with the gun control, people are aware that it might happen. Then again, I never believed that a private citizen should have an assault weapon. Who the hell needs an assault rifle?!? And don't tell me it's for self defense!
But what you said about likening the current situation to the fall of the roman empire is false IMHO. Such a superpower can't just live for only a few centuries except for a few circumstances ie a world apocalypse. 

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:10:06 AM

I like how boy scouts apply term "ponzi scheme" to everything they don't understand dislike.

To my understanding, the Boy Scouts is an Americunt organization designed to molest little children, isn't it? I don't see how anybody correctly asserting that the US Dollar (and the US economy as a hole) is a Ponzi scheme is a boy scout?

Do you understand about subprime mortgages? Or how about the wall street bail out? Those to you are not Ponzi schemes?

GOX SUX COX!
deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:10:25 AM

but that's not at all what we're doing. a ponzi scheme is exactly what the United States is, actually, not just the US dollar. who is benefiting from the current system? it aligns exactly with the definition of a ponzi scheme. there is one guy at the top of the pyramid, Obama, and everyone else is below him. tell me what part I'm not understanding. you have all the time and digital writing space you need to explain.
shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:12:47 AM

I only agree with part of what you said. But then again what you said about the NSA fiasco is true. I don't understand how people don't care that their 4th amendment rights are being infringed without the knowledge of the public! At least with the gun control, people are aware that it might happen. Then again, I never believed that a private citizen should have an assault weapon. Who the hell needs an assault rifle?!? And don't tell me it's for self defense!
But what you said about likening the current situation to the fall of the roman empire is false IMHO. Such a superpower can't just live for only a few centuries except for a few circumstances ie a world apocalypse. 

Your points are taken, and all very valid. However, with the acceleration of technology and overpopulation, things are happening faster. I do agree that if the US fall, it will be massive caos, or perhaps because of massive caos the US will fall. We can call it an apocalypse. I don't like that term though because it is so inherently related to the dumbest, most evil fairy tale ever told: The Bible.

GOX SUX COX!
shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:14:19 AM

While I agree with most of what you said (I live in the us), the perception that allot of people actually believe in the garbage that is spewed via the media outlets is simply untrue. The retards that believe in that crap are the vocal minority which grows smaller and weaker as the years progress.

America the land of the free, we take all comers, even the retards...

I really hope people like you, most americans in this forums, can keep it the land of the free. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate America. I think it was one the beacon of liberty and prosperity, but I think nothing short of a true revolution will change the face of the country to what it should be.

GOX SUX COX!
deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:15:13 AM

Your points are taken, and all very valid. However, with the acceleration of technology and overpopulation, things are happening faster. I do agree that if the US fall, it will be massive caos, or perhaps because of massive caos the US will fall. We can call it an apocalypse. I don't like that term though because it is so inherently related to the dumbest, most evil fairy tale ever told: The Bible.

I have to disagree with you on the Bible part. The Bible is the truest thing that has ever been misinterpreted. It depends on how you read it. I've long been a defender of the Bible and I know where this conversation will end up so I'm just going to leave my disagreement at that, a mere disagreement.
tacoman71

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:15:42 AM

To my understanding, the Boy Scouts is an Americunt organization designed to molest little children, isn't it? I don't see how anybody correctly asserting that the US Dollar (and the US economy as a hole) is a Ponzi scheme is a boy scout?

Do you understand about subprime mortgages? Or how about the wall street bail out? Those to you are not Ponzi schemes?

Sir, whoever the hell you are, I salute you Cool!

shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:17:42 AM

but that's not at all what we're doing. a ponzi scheme is exactly what the United States is, actually, not just the US dollar. who is benefiting from the current system? it aligns exactly with the definition of a ponzi scheme. there is one guy at the top of the pyramid, Obama, and everyone else is below him. tell me what part I'm not understanding. you have all the time and digital writing space you need to explain.

You are right, except that Obama is just a puppet. The true owner of the USA are on top.

For example, did you know that only 6 PEOPLE in the US have MORE money than the BOTTOM 30% combined???

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/12/14/six-waltons-have-more-wealth-than-the-bottom-30-of-americans/

Welcome to Walmart!

GOX SUX COX!
tacoman71

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:18:07 AM

Point taken.

tacoman71

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:19:23 AM

You are right, except that Obama is just a puppet. The true owner of the USA are on top.

For example, did you know that only 6 PEOPLE in the US have MORE money than the BOTTOM 30% combined???

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/12/14/six-waltons-have-more-wealth-than-the-bottom-30-of-americans/

Welcome to Walmart!
Um, that link takes me to the homepage of Forbes. Can you give us the link of the article you were thinking of?

shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

Welcome to Walmart!
Um, that link takes me to the homepage of Forbes. Can you give us the link of the article you were thinking of?

Sorry, I corrected it. It is the Waltons, owners of wally world! You know, where you can buy tennis shoes sawn by a 7 year old in Pakistan that will last you a week Cheesy

GOX SUX COX!
Behemot

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:24:29 AM

Then again, I never believed that a private citizen should have an assault weapon. Who the hell needs an assault rifle?!? And don't tell me it's for self defense!

(EDIT, it was Washington, not Lincoln): I suggest you getting to know George Washington's or Thomas Jeffersons's opinion on that matter, sir.

I really hope people like you, most americans in this forums, can keep it the land of the free. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate America. I think it was one the beacon of liberty and prosperity, but I think nothing short of a true revolution will change the face of the country to what it should be.

Amen to that. Besides a few interesting points, it has grown into terrible totality in last couple of years. And it's not getting better. But here in Europe, we are going to deep shit as well…

shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:27:41 AM

Then again, I never believed that a private citizen should have an assault weapon. Who the hell needs an assault rifle?!? And don't tell me it's for self defense!

I suggest you getting to know Abraham Lincoln's or Thomas Jeffersons's opinion on that matter, sir.

Amen to that. Besides a few interesting points, it has grown into terrible totality in last couple of years. And it's not getting better. But here in Europe, we are going to deep shit as well…

Yes, what just happened in Europe with the president of Bolivia just shows how most EU countries are just US fucking puppets. It is incredible. Can you imagine if a country in the third world denies air space rights to airforce one and proceeds to force them to land to "inspect the plane"?

Are we all fucking crazy???

GOX SUX COX!
Behemot

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 12:28:52 AM

What?

deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:36:49 AM

I suggest you getting to know Abraham Lincoln's or Thomas Jeffersons's opinion on that matter, sir.

Yes, what just happened in Europe with the president of Bolivia just shows how most EU countries are just US fucking puppets. It is incredible. Can you imagine if a country in the third world denies air space rights to airforce one and proceeds to force them to land to "inspect the plane"?

They did that to deter him, which is indeed a bully tactic and I'm sure Obama gave the order. Told you, US is a ponzi scheme and Obama, although a puppet, is surely on top.
tacoman71

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:52:38 AM

They did that to deter him, which is indeed a bully tactic and I'm sure Obama gave the order. Told you, US is a ponzi scheme and Obama, although a puppet, is surely on top.
I think this nation is really screwed up but I don't think that the dollar is a ponzi scheme or any type of fraud. True they keep printing money to pay their own screw ups, but what exactly are we investing in the US or the dollar? I just want to hear out your side before I stick to an idea.

deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:24:03 AM

I think this nation is really screwed up but I don't think that the dollar is a ponzi scheme or any type of fraud. True they keep printing money to pay their own screw ups, but what exactly are we investing in the US or the dollar? I just want to hear out your side before I stick to an idea.

well it boils down to blood and biology. science. deep stuff that most cannot comprehend.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 01:24:47 AM

To my understanding, the Boy Scouts is an Americunt organization designed to molest little children, isn't it?

Yes, this is what I meant. When little Americunt kids do not understand what are they talking about, they apply template words, which they heard from adults in a boy scout camp, to everything. Like with a "ponzi scheme" case.

tacoman71

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:31:25 AM

well it boils down to blood and biology. science. deep stuff that most cannot comprehend.
Try me. Explain it to me if you really know what you're  talking about! : Grin

deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:10:06 AM

To my understanding, the Boy Scouts is an Americunt organization designed to molest little children, isn't it?

Yes, this is what I meant. When little Americunt kids do not understand what are they talking about, they apply template words, which they heard from adults in a boy scout camp, to everything. Like with a "ponzi scheme" case.

how many times do I have to explain, this was not chosen as a template word? In a real Ponzi scheme, no one wins. That's why the United States is in deep trouble.
deadgiveaway (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:12:04 AM

Try me. Explain it to me if you really know what you're  talking about! : Grin

everyone will find out soon enough. the time where secret things are known to all is called the apocalypse. it's coming, and I'm helping it come by making threads like these.
shad0wbitz

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 03:08:46 AM

how many times do I have to explain, this was not chosen as a template word? In a real Ponzi scheme, no one wins. That's why the United States is in deep trouble.

Agreed. The mechanics of the US economy, at least for the last 20 years since the monetary crisis of the 90's it is a classic Ponzi scheme: It pays old debt with new debt. Or, to put it in other words, bonds/loans and the economy is being floated with money the treasury does not have (borrowing from China/Printing money is not money you have). Ergo, the US economy is a big fucking Ponzi scheme.

GOX SUX COX!
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:40:11 AM

Ergo, the US economy is a big fucking Ponzi scheme.

Perhaps, but you are forced to participate in it (which sucks if you are not on top). That is, until Bitcoin came along. We have a choice now.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:45:42 AM

By this definition, most of the large economy activities are ponzi schemes, like pension plan, housing, government bonds etc...

Currently the biggest ponzi scheme is the government bonds investment, of course they don't need later ones to support the early investors, they just need to print more money and sell more debt exponentially to financial the previous debt

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: