Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with configuration plz  (Read 270 times)
Xiomberg (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:58:37 AM

Good morning,

I would love to mimic, but I think it's a configuration problem with my client.
my available balance is always 0.00000000 BTC and never changed.
There are 12 active users in the Bitcoin network so I think I understand the modem / LAN side well.

The problem I think is in the side effects of cmd (use windows7).

When I run the C: \ Program Files \ Bitcoin \ daemon \ bitcoind -daemon my miles command:
Bitcoin Core is probably already running.

When I run the C: \ Program Files \ Bitcoin \ daemon \ bitcoin-cli getblockchaininfo command my mile program:
error: Unable to locate RPC credentials. Authentication cookies were not found and no rpc password was set in the <C: \ Users \ Mario \ AppData \ Roaming \ Bitcoin \ bitcoin.conf configuration file

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

Good morning,

I would love to mimic, but I think it's a configuration problem with my client.
my available balance is always 0.00000000 BTC and never changed.
There are 12 active users in the Bitcoin network so I think I understand the modem / LAN side well.

The problem I think is in the side effects of cmd (use windows7).

When I run the C: \ Program Files \ Bitcoin \ daemon \ bitcoind -daemon my miles command:
Bitcoin Core is probably already running.

When I run the C: \ Program Files \ Bitcoin \ daemon \ bitcoin-cli getblockchaininfo command my mile program:
error: Unable to locate RPC credentials. Authentication cookies were not found and no rpc password was set in the <C: \ Users \ Mario \ AppData \ Roaming \ Bitcoin \ bitcoin.conf configuration file

Thank you!!

Looks like if you don't set rpcuser and rpcpassword inside bitcoin.conf file it looks for the cookie file:

# If no rpcpassword is set, rpc cookie auth is sought. The default `-rpccookiefile` name
# is .cookie and found in the `-datadir` being used for bitcoind. This option is typically used
# when the server and client are run as the same user.

From the wiki:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

Just look on the "RPC server options:" and set it yourself inside the bitcoin.conf file that you can open with notepad or any text editor.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 05:48:09 AM

my miles command:
my mile program
What are these? Are they part of the command or something else?

Stop Bitcoind / Bitcoin Core from the task manager. Then start it again.

Looks like if you don't set rpcuser and rpcpassword inside bitcoin.conf file it looks for the cookie file:
There is no need to set an rpcuser or rpcpassword. Just use the cookie file. It seems like that file was not created, so restarting the client should solve that problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: