Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10539 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:43:30 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 03:56:39 PM by cryptohunter
Merited by d@nte (1)

If you are just here to vote and not suggest a new REAL project then please just mention by replying on the thread with which project/projects you voted for.

If you are part of a community that is a real project and listed here then copy and paste the link of this thread to their ANN or their slack and direct them here to vote and discuss since it will help build awareness to that project.

WHEN YOU PRESENT A NEW PROJECT YOU BELIEVE IS A REAL PROJECT THEN PLEASE PROVIDE THE EXPLANATION OF EACH OF THE KEY POINTS AS OTHER MEMBERS HAVE ANSWERED. ESPECIALLY THE FINE DETAILS ON THE INITIAL DISTRIBUTION.

Like this

1. Proven development team - already fully functioning product/software. Tweaks and improvements yet to come fine but the core product is functioning already.

2. Obvious Use case

3. Not already in the top 10

4. Initial distributional method (NO HARD CAP ICOS ALLOWED THESE ARE PROBABLE SCAMS THROUGH HUGE EQUIV INSTAMINES) also no other scams where the benefactors are still in control and benefiting from the projects success. The only hard cap ones that are allowed are those that ran for over 3 weeks with lots of advertising. Those that sold in a few moments to whales and insiders can fuck off. Other icos that were properly advertised to give opportunity to all to invest will be accepted.

5. Long term commitment and proven staying power (not essential but could be a big consideration)

IF YOU VOTE COMMENT WHICH YOU VOTED FOR ON THE THREAD AND SAY WHY YOU CHOSE IT OR THEM

Which other projects have proven developers, functioning software and real use cases.

Let's discuss this and get the poll populated with other possible "next big things"

No scams and nothing in the top 10 (these are already big things)

If you believe any of those in the poll should not be there then explain fully your reasoning behind that.

I am invested in over 100 alts but I believe these have the best chances of real success .... I am looking though for others to add since I am sure there are many that have escaped my attention.

I really want projects that have fully functioning or near on fully functioning software not white paper promises and dreams.

If you voted then please comment on the poll choice you selected. You can choose 5 and also you can alter your vote if later you find another project even more promising.

SO

1. Proven development team - already fully functioning product/software. Tweaks and improvements yet to come fine but the core product is functioning already.
2. Obvious Use case
3. Not already in the top 10
4. Not a scam
5. Long term commitment and proven staying power (not essential but could be a big consideration)

Let's together (not just one person me) help locate and identify the real projects with proven functioning designs/software with use cases and great promise. It is a hard task to navigate the ann section now and identify anything remotely useful. It is pages of copy and past developments with unproven scamming dev teams and the skillful marketeers of dreamy fantasy white papers.

You don't like the poll options?? that's fine have your say. Introduce your project but make sure it meets the criteria. This poll is to identify the real proven projects not essentially put your project down nor pump any single project or group of projects. If a project meets the criteria it can be added. Of course some discussion and analysis of each and every project including those in the OP can be had.

Every comment is welcome and we should digest and analyse all information to make the best decisions for our investments. I am invested in those I have initially said i feel are the best opportunities here. Of course I would be why would i not invest in the ones I have put there. However I am not against changing to better opportunities could they be presented here. It would be crazy not to invest in things are proven or even likely to be better investments.

It has become apparent to me that most of the recent icos are run by marketeers with little or no crypto skillset. What they are promising will possibly never exist and the dev funding will be used with nothing to show. Of course there will be exceptions but this thread is not to find a needle in a haystack this thread is to provide noobs and indeed anyone with information regarding real proven projects.

OF COURSE DO YOUR OWN DEEP RESEARCH BEFORE INVESTING ANYTHING IN ANY PROJECT THIS THREAD IS ONLY A FILTER TO NARROW YOUR FIELD OF VIEW

ICOS ARE OKAY IF THEY WERE WELL ADVERTISED AND OPEN ENDED. CAPPED ICOS ARE SCAMS UNLESS THEY WERE OPEN FOR A PERIOD LONG ENOUGH FOR PERSONS TO HAVE A REAL CHANCE AT DISCOVERING AND HAD FAIR OPPORTUNITY TO INVEST.

If you are a supporter of any REAL projects as defined by the criteria in the OP it is your projects interest to keep discussion going in this thread to draw attention away from most of the fake projects around here and assist people finding the real projects that actually do give them some tangible value for their investment.

Another useful thread here for new investors

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2617287

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:34:00 PM

This is exaclty what I mean about this place.

You put a thread saying which is the next big alt you get reams of pages of replies spamming dirt.

You ask for a validation and put some reasonable criteria and you get very few replies.

There are NO other good (outside of the top 10) projects that meet the criteria we have in the OP??

Surely some people believe otherwise else how are all these projects even listed on CMC in their current cap levels?

hatuey

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:36:41 PM

Raiden network token
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:39:05 PM

Raiden network token

thanks for this suggestion. Since i will not have time to validate each and every suggestion here please can you describe why it should be added.

Does it fit the broad critera in the OP.

Describe how it does fit this criteria in a short paragraph. Please make it truthful because others will read and will verify this.

thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:46:26 PM

I have been keeping an eye on Bitbay (BAY) for some time now and I think it could be a surprise package in the cryptocurrency ecosystem in 2018
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:21:33 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 05:33:22 PM by cryptohunter

I have been keeping an eye on Bitbay (BAY) for some time now and I think it could be a surprise package in the cryptocurrency ecosystem in 2018

Couldn't agree with you more. It looks like a great project.

I am looking at a few others but would be good to have some real crypto devs analyse them

cloak is one... i used to think it was just some clone but lately it seems they have some real devs re-writing the entire thing. I wonder.... anyone else have any info on cloaks upgrade?

Then again is it going to compare with anon coins like zcash and zcoin?

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:24:43 PM

Quite a slim list you got there.

It says pick up to five but there are only six options.  I guess for some this might mean 'which one do you like the least?'.

Anyways, why is the list so short?  Are you only trying to compare these coins?  There are lots and lots of other projects out there which compete with these coins directly or indirectly.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:28:41 PM

Quite a slim list you got there.

It says pick up to five but there are only six options.  I guess for some this might mean 'which one do you like the least?'.

Anyways, why is the list so short?  Are you only trying to compare these coins?  There are lots and lots of other projects out there which compete with these coins directly or indirectly.

It is a collation of ALL projects that meet the criteria listed. These are the ones I am initially aware of.

If you can suggest another and explain why it meets the criteria it will be listed.

Also people can Change their voting to take into account new information brought to the thread.

I want as long and comprehensive list as possible.

Please add a new project that meets the criteria in the OP.

Also no need to vote for any but you can recommend a new project anyway.

Also people can request projects removed if they are proven not to meet the criteria.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:43:37 PM

I see voters but no explanation of how and why you voted. This is of key interest to me and Im sure many others as to why we choose one project over another.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:45:42 AM

Wow this is remarkable

I mean are there only 6 real projects on this board outside of the top 10???

Have I made the criteria too strict?

Surely there must be some real projects out there?

Most of these "which are the best alts threads" get 100s if not 1000s of suggestions of so many great and wonderful projects.

You put a few sensible criteria and all of a sudden silence??

Surely there are some others out there or wtf are you all investing in?

I am not kidding around i really want to locate them and analyse them under the " real project spot light" then invest in them.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:41:07 PM

what an entire board of unproven junk and only 6 real projects with use cases. Surely this can not be right.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:38:18 PM

what an entire board of unproven junk and only 6 real projects with use cases. Surely this can not be right.
That ain't right at all. I know there are more real projects with real use cases but it is hard to categorize them one by one. If I were to categorize one base on your criteria, I think waves fits it. First of all, waves have a proven development team that is continuing to release new updates and it's software is already functional. It seeks to provide decentralized place for crowd funding(ICO) and trading via tokenization and is somehow can function like ETH but does not run a smart contract. It is also not in the top 10 coins based on marketcap and is not a scam. It has been in the market for at least a year already.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:41:00 PM

I think waves and raiden network could be the next BIG thing (expecially raiden network).... Waves Team is strong and is working hard....hope to see them rise in december- january.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:44:28 PM

That ain't right at all. I know there are more real projects with real use cases but it is hard to categorize them one by one. If I were to categorize one base on your criteria, I think waves fits it. First of all, waves have a proven development team that is continuing to release new updates and it's software is already functional. It seeks to provide decentralized place for crowd funding and trading via tokenization and is somehow can function like ETH but does not run a smart contract. It is also not in the top 10 coins based on marketcap and is not a scam. It has been in the market for at least a year already.

Fair enough let's add waves then I think you're right about that one.

I am not saying there are only 6 I am saying that there are only six listed and after over 100 views nobody suggested even one real project.

I am adding it now.

We will see what people think about it hopefully due to the voting mechanism.

I would like to know though why someone would use waves exchange over an atomic exchange where the coins stay on your own machine?

Perhaps I am not understanding waves deeply since I have not had the chance to study every project on this board.

But sure waves is a candidate i think too now you mention it.

chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:18:19 AM

When you spell it out like that holy effing shit my bags now look like trash to me but maybe this is good you enlightened me Cheesy. However I will try and add to that list because in my eyes two projects fulfill those requirements (one may be lacking on one but I will get to that). Those projects I speak of are TenX (PAY) and Bitcore (BTX) let's go through the points shall we.

TenX

1. The product is fully functional with users currently in EU. They are working on getting cards worldwide I ordered mine a month ago and expect it Q1 2018.
2. Use case is that you can spend cryptos anywhere anytime but they are working to make that offline (COMIT) and for you to be able to spend fiat as well (banking license incoming next year)
3. Not top 10 they are currently 37th
4. Not a scam because they raised 83m in the ICO and could have ran away after the fact. Also they won extensive amount of awards prior to running the ICO and came into the ICO with a working product!
5. Their commitment is completely long term nothing they are trying to do is for a quick pump n dump. Julian even states this clearly with all the weekly Q n As they do.

Another thing is that their communication and transparency is 100% on point and as an investor I like knowing what exactly is happening with my money. Also they are not afraid to admit shortcomings which to me signals maturity and proper class. Here what the Dash team had to say about them yourself here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYfQ9azY_k . All in all I feel like it is a good investment but DYOR obviously before getting in.

Bitcore

1. The product is far superior to any chain of Bitcoin at the moment. Has big block sizes, segwit activated and bloom and can transact 48-49m tx a day iirc. Top notch in regards to speed
2. Use case I admit other than speculation there isn't much here at the moment although that doesn't mean it isn't a good opportunity because the specs are quite unreal.
3. Not top 10 they are 138th ATM but once they fix circulating supply on CMC to 10 million it will vault all the way to top 30th and this exposure should give it a leg up I feel like.
4. Not a scam as these are the same devs who are running BitSend they could have cashed out tons of times already.
5. Commitment here is also long term but they do listen to the community and have amended their airdrop rules a few times now to help the coin and community grow. It has worked well thusly!

All in all Bitcore might be a big lacking on #2 and kind of #1 but I think enough is there to make this coin go up much further than where it is now. I take it you are looking for quality coins only and out of all my bags these are basically the best two at the moment and I feel like in 2018 they will do pretty good things. The choice is yours young padawan!

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:30:09 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 12:51:41 AM by cryptohunter

When you spell it out like that holy effing shit my bags now look like trash to me but maybe this is good you enlightened me Cheesy. However I will try and add to that list because in my eyes two projects fulfill those requirements (one may be lacking on one but I will get to that). Those projects I speak of are TenX (PAY) and Bitcore (BTX) let's go through the points shall we.

TenX

1. The product is fully functional with users currently in EU. They are working on getting cards worldwide I ordered mine a month ago and expect it Q1 2018.
2. Use case is that you can spend cryptos anywhere anytime but they are working to make that offline (COMIT) and for you to be able to spend fiat as well (banking license incoming next year)
3. Not top 10 they are currently 37th
4. Not a scam because they raised 83m in the ICO and could have ran away after the fact. Also they won extensive amount of awards prior to running the ICO and came into the ICO with a working product!
5. Their commitment is completely long term nothing they are trying to do is for a quick pump n dump. Julian even states this clearly with all the weekly Q n As they do.

Another thing is that their communication and transparency is 100% on point and as an investor I like knowing what exactly is happening with my money. Also they are not afraid to admit shortcomings which to me signals maturity and proper class. Here what the Dash team had to say about them yourself here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYfQ9azY_k . All in all I feel like it is a good investment but DYOR obviously before getting in.

Bitcore

1. The product is far superior to any chain of Bitcoin at the moment. Has big block sizes, segwit activated and bloom and can transact 48-49m tx a day iirc. Top notch in regards to speed
2. Use case I admit other than speculation there isn't much here at the moment although that doesn't mean it isn't a good opportunity because the specs are quite unreal.
3. Not top 10 they are 138th ATM but once they fix circulating supply on CMC to 10 million it will vault all the way to top 30th and this exposure should give it a leg up I feel like.
4. Not a scam as these are the same devs who are running BitSend they could have cashed out tons of times already.
5. Commitment here is also long term but they do listen to the community and have amended their airdrop rules a few times now to help the coin and community grow. It has worked well thusly!

All in all Bitcore might be a big lacking on #2 and kind of #1 but I think enough is there to make this coin go up much further than where it is now. I take it you are looking for quality coins only and out of all my bags these are basically the best two at the moment and I feel like in 2018 they will do pretty good things. The choice is yours young padawan!

Ten X seems to meet the criteria - was it an open ended ICO? because capped icos are scams to me that provide easy opportunity for essentially huge instamines. All capped icos are scams especially those that sell in 5 seconds to insider whales and dev pals. The exception is perhaps one that lasted a long time and gave good opportunity to all. I know it was advertised hard which is a very good thing.

I am not saying tenx was an insta ico i am just asking. Other than that then yes i like the use case and glad it is functional already and not just dreams and talk nonsense like most icos.

Bitcore - yes 2 is perhaps a little weak in that it does not present new use cases that are not covered...(but then pivx could be accused of this)
However how was it distributed? pow or  airdrop or how.

Initial distribution is the most important part of something not being a scam.

Icos are okay but not insta capped icos that sell out in 5 seconds. They are open to gross manipulation and market collusion.

I will def add  both of these if the distribution was reasonably fair.

ALSO i very much like how you structured your answers. This should be the way all should answer so it is easy for all to see why a coin was added to the list.

Sorry I should structure my replies so quick and easy for members to see the pertinent parts.

1. please detail the initial distributional process for both of these because they look good actually

BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:49:02 AM

I voted for Byteball for different reasons but I am pretty sure that this technology and distribution method is highly undervalued. Airdrop is not just free money. It has value inside. In the future. When everyone will have unconditional income all of us will think different about it.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
noa06

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:51:30 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 12:26:18 PM by noa06

Ola guys,

Lets keep writting that list of awsome blockchain projects which have proven their desire of revolutionizing theirs respectives industry and have keep their words until now :

Gamecredits :

1) Gamestore is functional and can be downloaded on any android devices as for today ! Their Esport plateform is still in developement and will be a game changer for casual/pro player alike

2) Use case and advantages to use their system are various and divisible in two categories...

For Mobile Video Games Developpers:

- High Processing Speed
- Scalable
- Advanced fraud protection
- Blockchain Security
- Bypass comission fees (10% instead of 30% charged by Google/Apple)
- Receive payment faster (up to 60H instead of up to 60Days)
- Higher deposit limits
- Cross promotion payments
- No charges back or fraud.

For Gamers :

- Easy and seemless integration of payment in game
- Higher deposit limits
- More deposit options
- Purchase power
- Increasing value the more users jumps in
- Transferability
- Safe place to keep cash
- Send money anonymously
- Esport plateform (Participate in e-sport competitions from your home even if you’re not an elite player. Quick matchups and fast payouts.)

3) Currently N°63 on CmC with a market cap of 123 M --》 Mobile Gaming Mcap this year is 46.1B with forecast pushing to 64.9 B in 2020 !

4) Most successful Ico at its Time, Member of Hyperledger (IbM, Samsung, Huawei, Cisco ect..), Partners with Unity (3B gamers worldwide --> Temple run, pokemon go, Heartstone warcraft), building a community worldwide call G-Nation, and being the sponsor and sponsored by Esport events and community such as Detonation.

5) Long term hold as they are developping a plateform which will allow the Mobile Gaming industry to grow and keep evolving into the next generation of blockchain/cross payments + allow a all new way of getting some extra cash while playin you favourite video game !

They have a great community of passionate, they have been around for a while always delivering what they promised, their product is top notch and if they keep delivering as promise, they could easily reach a share of 1B market cap which will be still a tiny fraction of the total Mcap of the all industry for this year : )

×100 or 10 000% gains to come for that project is what i believe this project can reach !

In my own personal opinion, i can see it reach over half off total Mcap forecast for 2020 so roughly 30 B, as it is truly a way more specific and exiting plateform for Game developper and Gamers alike !! More democatric, transparent, easy to use/personal privacy upgrade, rewarding over time and competitive as Gaming spirit always have been and always will be !

+Most gamers are more inclined to try out new tech like blockchain project as they are more aware of the tools and commands required to make it work Grin Most people in the world still dont understand concepts like banks and Super computers programming, but they do understand markets and Gaming !!

Anywhere in the world i have been, i see everyone playin out random games on their phones and many places like internet gaming center where people team up/compete with each other or against other player around the globe. We all have a commun understanding of how to use a plateform like the google store/app store, to download, purchase and play it all
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:55:27 AM

STEEMIT is the next big thing to happen in the altcoins community. A social media base blockchain where authors and commentators get cash for using the site.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:23:31 PM

You put a thread saying which is the next big alt you get reams of pages of replies spamming dirt.

You ask for a validation and put some reasonable criteria and you get very few replies.

There are NO other good (outside of the top 10) projects that meet the criteria we have in the OP??

it is simply because people are not interested in altcoins because they are good or bad. most don't even care if the altcoin exists in real life, it may very well have no working blockchain as far as they are concerned and they will still invest in it and call it "awesome".
example? BTU= bitcoin unlimited, doesn't exist. volume=$10k daily on average. it does not even exist!

i am no different from others though. i am only interested in money and i have given up on altcoins being good or being "next big thing" a long time ago. but since you asked i choose Byteball.
the development team is decent enough. they haven't given up on the project to go away. they even try for some real adoption with merchants.
the technology (DAG) is pretty interesting and Byteball uses it properly. it even has anonymous transactions.
i don't like the distribution model but it was fair.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: