Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Witnessing BTC going down, and all alts, directly at same time, again.  (Read 473 times)
blokHed (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:14:45 AM

Lots of people (also investers) seem to have no faith when a correction taking place. Correction is normal, as it climbs so fast, people should get more faith in the top 10 coins and stop dumping when they get scared.
This is no correction, this is the news regarding CoinBase. Get real. Same as China FUD, Fork etc...
EDIT: Situation has passed. Correction, and uptrend seen, yet issue of CoinBase IMO, something to be considered affecting, maybe for a while?...
CoinBase issue IMO caused the 2k drop.

But we also needed a correction right? CoinBase > IRS was bad news, but perpaps in the end tax regulation for crypto will contribute to the steady future for digital coins.
Who is we? BTC is of its' own. News affects. Yet IMO, Initial idea prevails...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digaran2

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:26:09 AM

This is the markets!
when BTC drop,all the invest will sell their coins to faits!
becasue many people just want to make fast money,seldom are valu invest!
blokHed (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:47:20 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 01:57:58 AM by blokHed

This is what I'm getting grasp of. If belief in initial, seeing how news can affect, yet rebound, IMO, Initial fundamental is stronger than any other that may try to affect. Future growth away from others' control. IMO.
(Thank you Sat).
lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:04:30 AM

Seems like the entire market is directly related to Bitcoin.. Doesn't suprise me, as it has been like this for the entire existence of cryptos, but in the near future i think some coins will decouple for Bitcoin and be able to trade on their own without being affected by other coins' price swings.
That's right,if BTC drop then the most of altcoins also decreases its value,but maybe some are selling for profit at that time and some others are waiting for that fall to be able to buy cheaper and that cycle of ups and downs happens continuously,I suppose it has to be a normal behavior in any kind of market,moreover I cann´t imagine myself seeing to any ALT decoupling directly from the value of BTC since they are intimately related.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 02:33:16 AM

When I first got into crypto, and I saw the price of bitcoin go down, and all of the alts with it, I was freaking out, and jumped on bitcointalk to figure out what was going on.

Now, everytime it happens, there is someone who asks this question.

So a couple of fundamental things I learned about crypto that you should take to heart.

-EVERYTHING relies on bitcoin.  It is not only the king, but the anchor to which the market moves.  It's not because it's the highest valued or the most popular, it is actually
something simple.  It is the most liquidable crypto BY FAR.  What other coin or token can you quickly and easily convert to fiat? Eth maybe but even eth is way behind in terms of being able to easily turn your crypto to cash.  So all those price valuations on coinmarketcap are really just the price of the coin in terms of btc but converted to be displayed in usd.  In reality, you will first trade it for btc then btc to cash.

-Price corrections are normal and healthy for the market.  The last major crash I can think of was back in aug/sep when btc hit 5k, then it went all the way down to $3200.  This allows people to consolidate their investments, gives people profit, and when price dips allows more to enter the market.  I actually want btc to crash further.  This will ensure another healthy bull run a month to a couple months later.

ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:18:45 AM

It has gotten quite annoying though since we haven't had a stable btc price for a while. It affects the trading heavily.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:57:26 PM

Yes mate, we do all witness it. The only one altcoin that did not fall after Bitcoin was down was Cardano. This small alt is rising constantly during the last week. As for the alts and BTC decrease, it might be not even a correction yet. Let us wait more to judge about it.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:01:54 PM

It's a chain reaction. Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency, hence the sudden reaction to all altcoins. In some way, most Altcoins are reliant upon Bitcoin.

Altcoin depends on the bitcoin's price. But if you really want to get a lit of bitcoin, you should have try to invest in altcoins and then after that if you think it is already good then you can buy bitcoin using it. In that way, you can buy more bitcoin faster.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: