Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which makes sense to buy a bitcoin or to buy a altcoin?  (Read 1635 times)
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:19:26 PM

It depends on you. It depends on what investment you are aiming to do, if this will be short or a long term investment. If you want to have a go for a long term investments, then try investing in the alternate cryptocurrencies or in the altcoins, you'll have a good profit there. And if for short term, give a go for bitcoins.

LegendaryCash

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

For me, its okay to do both just as long as youve researched about the altcoins that you will buy. There are altcoins who have big potential so, its better to buy them now as theyre still cheap. Maybe in the future their cost will be higher and might be like what happened to BTC.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:25:41 PM

Bitcoin should be a must in your portfolio, half bitcoins, the other half in altcoins that has future. use coinmarketcap to determine the altcoins that has appreciated over time and buy.
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:31:20 PM

At this level the coin market is in bullish trend and you can see Bitcoin rose almost 40% in last 15-20 days, also Ether up from $300 to direct $500 in 15-20 days. I recommend you to invest your 60% capital in Bitcoin when it comes around $9800 and remain 40% capital in Ether because Ethereum is an open software platform based on blockchain technology that enables developers to build and deploy decentralized applications, and Bitcoin is evergreen coin.

m. yasir

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:45:49 PM

Depending on which individual traders want to invest where, in my opinion for big investors BTC might be more potential, but for me the small capital of Altcoin is more potential.
luffare

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:52:17 PM

The thing is how much would you like to get. If you wanna do x10 in the medium term BTC/ETH is not your value. IMHO, you gotta make some research and buy some altcoin kinda Ripple,  maybe IOTA with low price...
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

Not sure if this is the best time to be buying bitcoin. A lot of people have been talking about the "bitcoin bubble" and so the price might fall rapidly in the upcoming weeks, though it's pretty much guaranteed to rise back up to where it currently is eventually. So bitcoin is the safest investment as long as you have patience and refuse to sell at a loss.

Altcoins are a different story, and could outright die if you chose a bad coin with a bad dev team. So really it's risk versus reward at this point, alts will make you a millionaire because you can go so many so cheap but bitcoin will earn you steady income.
llyfee4u

Activity: 444

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 09:04:53 PM

Whilst i'd say its never too late to buy into Bitcoin, i think that now is quite a tricky time given the consistent rise Bitcoin has been on in the past week or two.  I doubt very much that anything bad will happen in terms of Bitcoin price but i do believe that there will be a correction to the recent up in price.  Perhaps you might wanna wait till this correction has taken place, if it does.  I think if you do your due diligence, i personally go the alts way because i can sort of dip in and out easily and if one is lucky and buy into the right alt at the right time, you might just make a killing. 

Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:27:03 PM

Both are equally good, Bitcoin and Altcoin have more advantages. There is nothing wrong if you buy Bitcoin and Altcoin because they are equally profitable. Both have a good future but not for Altcoin because you have to choose a good Altcoin which is likely to invest long term and shor term. If Bitcoin do not be surprised his future will be good. Just look at the current prices of Bitcoin keep rising .

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:41:37 AM

It depends on you. It depends on what investment you are aiming to do, if this will be short or a long term investment. If you want to have a go for a long term investments, then try investing in the alternate cryptocurrencies or in the altcoins, you'll have a good profit there. And if for short term, give a go for bitcoins.

How can you say that bitcoin is for short term investment ? I think both bitcoins and good altcoins investments are for long term as they give you more profit if you investment for a longer duration. The only thing for short term investment is the investment in pump dump coins and it is very risky too.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:46:24 AM

It depends upon what you already have. Some core holding of bitcoin is a must
for all crypto investors. After that, you can surely add some good altcoins.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:47:59 AM

I want to buy altcoin or bitcoin for investment purposes before January
Which one do you recommend to buy?
Or some bitcoin and some altcoin?

do you want to buy the expensive coin or cheap coin? I suggest you analyze ethereum, ethereum classic, monero, litecoin for the older coin. the new coin will be waves, neo, kmd, strat, rise, bat. or you can search by your own so you can choose the coin after you analyze. make sure you can be able to determine the price to buy so you can buy at low price. the other thing that you should take attention is the trend of the coin, which is down or up so you don't make mistake to buy.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
david_019

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:40:02 AM

do you want to buy the expensive coin or cheap coin? I suggest you analyze ethereum, ethereum classic, monero, litecoin for the older coin. the new coin will be waves, neo, kmd, strat, rise, bat. or you can search by your own so you can choose the coin after you analyze. make sure you can be able to determine the price to buy so you can buy at low price. the other thing that you should take attention is the trend of the coin, which is down or up so you don't make mistake to buy.

Agree!
The best thing to do is personal research while checking the others suggestions.
And for me, it could be possible that you would find out that both is fair enough for
 the profit and the last thing you will going to make is just selecting the better one.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:00:08 AM

I think you should examine it first before plunging for investment. You can read the readings in this forum about bitcoin and altcoin.
if to buy the current bitcoin its value is so great, and I believe it takes a long time to hold it. but if for altcoin you can buy right now, and sell it 5-6 months will come.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:02:28 AM

Agree!
The best thing to do is personal research while checking the others suggestions.
And for me, it could be possible that you would find out that both is fair enough for
 the profit and the last thing you will going to make is just selecting the better one.

You're right, we have our own way to do and choosing the best as long as it is profitable in the future. Bitcoin and each altcoins having there different potentials which its value may occurred. Analyzing and gathering its information first before buying and then monitoring its value every now and then because its value is unpredictable even you already know its capable so much better you always updated. In bitcoin still the same always updated on its value even if we already know it is a dominant crypto currency.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:08:44 AM

Altcoins for short-term hold and day trading, BTC or more high profile coin is should behold as long-term.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 06:30:55 AM

Let see, now the btc rate is at 10k $, just from here you can see, if in the next few days bitcoin still gain its moment to uptrend, then you should buy some altcoin that's already in the dip state.
Thats because, no matter how these altcoin will be rising at its time, maybe you now see, bitcoin is down, i suppose its just because Black Friday Event. So its still possible for bitcoin to up in the next week.
And also in that time, altcoin also have its moment to rise.

Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:22:45 PM

For me i want to buy bitcoin it is a long term investment and the value of this became higher.but the main purpose of it think many time before you decided for the best.
Darwin123

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:36:08 PM

It depends for the situation of every coins, like bitcoin its too risky that you invest now for january,because of the high value of bitcoin thats too risky, but for Altcoin i think thats the best investment for now like eth or etc because in a stable value of it and when january come and i think eth is long term ang high value in that time.
fazerockzx

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:55:12 PM

Personally i recommend buying bitcoin because bitcoin still has the number 1 spot or has the highest value of all and also you wont be disappointed if you buy bitcoin because a lot of people or bitcoin members who bought bitcoin gained a great benefit from it. But still it's in your own point of view of what you want and what you think is better. Altcoin is good too, it's just personally i recommend bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: