Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:11:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827249 times)
Gezellig4Geld

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:04:47 AM

I am using the latest version and mining on NiceHash pool...however, I do not see an option to configure the NeoScrypt algo?  I have X11 & X13 already set up and they work without issue.  Anyway I can set this up to use and auto switch to NeoScrypt?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 04:28:45 AM

I am using the latest version and mining on NiceHash pool...however, I do not see an option to configure the NeoScrypt algo?  I have X11 & X13 already set up and they work without issue.  Anyway I can set this up to use and auto switch to NeoScrypt?

I've not tried mining with NeoScrypt myself so there's no out-of-the-box support. That said, you can theoretically add any GPU algorithm and any backend miner to the program as long as it is a CGMiner / BFGMiner fork.

Click Settings > Advanced miner settings > Advanced GPU miner settings

From there you can add new algorithms and assign a miner to them, along with the kernel arguments required to mine that algorithm.

If the miner you want to use is not listed you can add it yourself to the Miners\ folder found in the MultiMiner folder.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:43:38 PM

Hi.  Very nice work.

How can I make this work with Cudaminer to mine Doge?  I tried to do it myself by adding the miner to the folder, and it does show up, but I cannot get it to actually run.

Specifically I have two Nvidia GTX-970.  When I run it with the autodetected BFGMiner, I get about 10-17kh/s  When I run the command line Cudaminer, I get 550+ kh/s

Thanks.

MultiMiner only works with CGMiner and BFGMiner forks for Local Devices as well as Network Devices that implement the RPC API from BFGMiner and CGMiner. Unfortunately neither CudaMiner nor CCMiner fall into those categories.

If the CudaMiner or CCMiner authors were to implement the RPC API found in CGMiner then those miners would be useable. As it is though this would require additional work on my end or a contribution from another developer. I don't personally have an Nvidia GPU and rarely GPU mine anymore so your best bet is a code contribution or CCMiner / CudaMiner being updated with a CGMiner compatible RPC API.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:36:58 AM

I really like the updates to MoblieMiner app.
Good job as always.
The desktop app is working great as well.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:05:52 AM

Hi.  Very nice work.

How can I make this work with Cudaminer to mine Doge?  I tried to do it myself by adding the miner to the folder, and it does show up, but I cannot get it to actually run.

Specifically I have two Nvidia GTX-970.  When I run it with the autodetected BFGMiner, I get about 10-17kh/s  When I run the command line Cudaminer, I get 550+ kh/s

Thanks.

MultiMiner only works with CGMiner and BFGMiner forks for Local Devices as well as Network Devices that implement the RPC API from BFGMiner and CGMiner. Unfortunately neither CudaMiner nor CCMiner fall into those categories.

If the CudaMiner or CCMiner authors were to implement the RPC API found in CGMiner then those miners would be useable. As it is though this would require additional work on my end or a contribution from another developer. I don't personally have an Nvidia GPU and rarely GPU mine anymore so your best bet is a code contribution or CCMiner / CudaMiner being updated with a CGMiner compatible RPC API.

So ASIC mining is the way to go?  Is there any way to do this and actually make some money?  From what I can tell its not really profitable to mine Doge... Perhaps Litecoin?  Can you recommend which hardware to use?

Mining has not been profitable for consumers since ASICs became widely used. It moved from something that could be done using commodity hardware to something that can only be done with specialized hardware. This puts the manufacturers at an advantage they are bound to (and do) exploit. They mine with the hardware they make and only sell it when it is profitable (for them) - meaning not profitable for the buyer.

The very first ASIC batches were profitable, but only because the buyers and manufacturers were both taking huge risks. In fact the buyers were all organizing money together on these forums (group buys) to pay folks that they had never met (tens of) thousands of dollars via BTC-only.

No ASIC you can buy is truly profitable. If it were, the seller would not be selling it. If you do not have to pay for the electricity and get a very good deal on an ASIC that is another question.

Anyone who talks about making money mining generally falls into one of the following categories:

• They took a huge risk on bleeding-edge hardware
  • Or they actually made money because the exchange rate for BTC rose (e.g. they would have been better off just buying BTC)
  • Or they are selling something

Code:
/paraderain

atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:33:13 AM

Well said.. I'm finally just about done liquidating my mining operation, and while it was very profitable, it is no longer.

Was a great journey along the way, that I truly enjoyed though!

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 06:20:06 AM

I am using the latest version and mining on NiceHash pool...however, I do not see an option to configure the NeoScrypt algo?  I have X11 & X13 already set up and they work without issue.  Anyway I can set this up to use and auto switch to NeoScrypt?

I've not tried mining with NeoScrypt myself so there's no out-of-the-box support. That said, you can theoretically add any GPU algorithm and any backend miner to the program as long as it is a CGMiner / BFGMiner fork.

Click Settings > Advanced miner settings > Advanced GPU miner settings

From there you can add new algorithms and assign a miner to them, along with the kernel arguments required to mine that algorithm.

If the miner you want to use is not listed you can add it yourself to the Miners\ folder found in the MultiMiner folder.

Finally got around to trying the above with SGMiner v5 and it all seems to work really well. I'm still trying various algorithms and coins but it works well by taking the above steps and using e.g. "--algorithm scrypt" for the kernel argument.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:44:11 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 04:09:57 AM by nwoolls

MultiMiner version 3.9 is now available for download. This release continues to improve MultiMiner's first-class support for multiple Backend Miners and GPU Algorithms with the following changes:

Note that this includes support for mining with SGMiner 5.1 on Mac OS X using precompiled binaries automatically downloaded by MultiMiner.

Version 3.9 also rolls up several fixes released today for 3.8 (mostly related to running MultiMiner on OS X or Linux):

• Fixed Network Device detection on Linux and OS X
  • Fixed a crash starting mining on Linux and OS X
  • Fixed a crash starting mining on OS X (rare)
  • Updated projects for compatibility with Xamarin Studio / MonoDevelop
  • Fixed unidentified Coins for some Network Devices (rare)
  • Fixed Multipools entries showing in Crypto Coin dialogs
  • Network optimizations

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

And for help on using the app, see:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

As always, source code is available at:

http://source.multiminerapp.com

Finally, to learn how to contribute, visit:

http://contribute.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Smiley

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 04:52:59 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 10:49:57 PM by nwoolls

Here's a TUI update / teaser. I hope to have something out to test soon. * See Edit 2 for a link

Edit: Cross platform of course  Wink

Edit 2: Still a ways to go but worth dropping a link. You still need to set things up in the GUI app but then you can use the TUI app. Commands that work include scan, pool / p, stop, start, restart, quit / q, and switchall / sa.

It does (or should do) all the normal stuff like reporting into MobileMiner, Auto-Mining Strategies, restarting Suspect Miners, finding Network Devices, etc.

clicky

Edit 3: It works on the BeagleBone Black with this Mono package:

clicky

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:05:42 AM

You should consider pointing one of those BTC miners at Kano.is for a little while..
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:23:41 PM

Stupid issue here. I have an ant s1 and since it isn't making much these days I figure it's a good chance to play with it more.

This is the error I get when I try and control the ant with multiminer

Response":"STATUS=E,When=1421505641,Code=45,Msg=Access denied to \u0027switchpool\u0027 command,Description=cgminer 4.3.2a|\u0000","CoinName":"","Machine":"192.168.1.223:4028"

I have edited the config file of cgminer to allow api control according to many sources and double checked.
I've allowed any machine on the 192.168.1.* and when that didn't seem to work plugged in the actual ip of the machine I'm working from. Which doesn't appear to matter either.

Interestingly enough I guess;
 I can execute remote commands. It prompts for the u/p and processes my command.
If I try to restart through the menu or switch pools I get access denied
So I'm here hoping for a little more insight than what I have been able to find.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 04:10:31 PM

Stupid issue here. I have an ant s1 and since it isn't making much these days I figure it's a good chance to play with it more.

Response":"STATUS=E,When=1421505641,Code=45,Msg=Access denied to \u0027switchpool\u0027 command,Description=cgminer 4.3.2a|\u0000","CoinName":"","Machine":"192.168.1.223:4028"

I have edited the config file of cgminer to allow api control according to many sources and double checked.
I've allowed any machine on the 192.168.1.* and when that didn't seem to work plugged in the actual ip of the machine I'm working from. Which doesn't appear to matter either.

So I'm here hoping for a little more insight than what I have been able to find.

You need a W: prefix in the IP, e.g. --api-allow W:192.168.0.1/24

If you are sure you already have the W: prefix you may need to take the extra steps shown here for the S3 (though I've never seen that necessary for an S1):

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#antminer-s1

BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:31:09 PM

You need a W: prefix in the IP, e.g. --api-allow W:192.168.0.1/24

If you are sure you already have the W: prefix you may need to take the extra steps shown here for the S3 (though I've never seen that necessary for an S1):

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#antminer-s1
That worked perfect actually. I thought I had the init.d/cgminer edited correctly but I didn't.
Editing in the S3 parameter to this line
PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_mo --api-allow $_aa --api-listen --api-network"
allowed me to switch pools via the menu now.
Thank you kindly for your help!

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 01:36:54 PM

Hi,
Multiminer show inaccurate hashrate in current column status:

and mobileminer show current hashrate:

there is any way that mobileminer show the average or effective hashrate?
and if in future versions, multiminer show uptime for asics ,it will be awesome!
sorry for English.
thanks.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:56:47 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 05:22:54 PM by nwoolls

Hi,

and if in future versions, multiminer show uptime for asics ,it will be awesome!
sorry for English.
thanks.

Who manufactured your ASICs? Those ASICs themselves (not MultiMiner) are reporting the wrong Current Hashrate (5s Hashrate) via their RPC API and driver. You can reproduce this yourself using this Open Source shell script:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/tree/master/RPC-API-Test

I would recommend reporting this to the manufacturer of your ASICs.

You can try the latest version of MultiMiner which uses the 1-min and 5-min Current Hashrate from the RPC API if available, which works around this issue with some ASICs.

blindminer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:17:25 AM

Hi,

sorry for English.
thanks.

Who manufactured your ASICs? Those ASICs themselves (not MultiMiner) are reporting the wrong Current Hashrate (5s Hashrate) via their RPC API and driver. You can reproduce this yourself using this Open Source shell script:

I would recommend reporting this to the manufacturer of your ASICs.

You can try the latest version of MultiMiner which uses the 1-min and 5-min Current Hashrate from the RPC API if available, which works around this issue with some ASICs.

I have Antminer s4.
In s4 miner status page, 5s hashrate is correct. and i use the latest version of multiminer.
ok ,I contact with bitmaintech support.
thanks,

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 02:27:01 AM

I have Antminer s4.
In s4 miner status page, 5s hashrate is correct. and i use the latest version of multiminer.
thanks,

I've tried the S1 and S3 and had no issues with the 5s hashrate. It sounds like the S4 reports it inaccurately, at least via the RPC API. Their support dept. should be able to reproduce the issue with that shell script URL.

Edit: You can also verify by bringing up the API Console in MultiMiner. Select one of your S4s and type in "devs" and hit enter (without the quotes). Paste the output back here.

blindminer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:16:45 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 04:15:32 PM by blindminer

I have Antminer s4.
thanks,

I've tried the S1 and S3 and had no issues with the 5s hashrate. It sounds like the S4 reports it inaccurately, at least via the RPC API. Their support dept. should be able to reproduce the issue with that shell script URL.

Edit: You can also verify by bringing up the API Console in MultiMiner. Select one of your S4s and type in "devs" and hit enter (without the quotes). Paste the output back here.
Thank you for helping.

Code:
devs => 
STATUS=S,When=1421680542,Code=9,Msg=1 ASC(s),Description=cgminer 4.6.1|ASC=0,Name=BTM,ID=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=41.75,MHS av=2013438.16,MHS 5s=3636264.50,Accepted=15158,Rejected=174,Hardware Errors=273,Utility=3.45,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1421680534,Total MH=530203988983.0000,Diff1 Work=123447744,Difficulty Accepted=120799232.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=1419264.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=8192.00000000,No Device=false,Last Valid Work=1421680540,Device Hardware%=0.0002,Device Rejected%=1.1497,Device Elapsed=263333|

blindminer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:20:45 PM

I try with another app and it's shows correct:

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:41:56 PM

Thank you for helping.

devs =>
STATUS=S,When=1421680542,Code=9,Msg=1 ASC(s),Description=cgminer 4.6.1|ASC=0,Name=BTM,ID=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=41.75,MHS av=2013438.16,MHS 5s=3636264.50,Accepted=15158,Rejected=174,Hardware Errors=273,Utility=3.45,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1421680534,Total MH=530203988983.0000,Diff1 Work=123447744,Difficulty Accepted=120799232.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=1419264.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=8192.00000000,No Device=false,Last Valid Work=1421680540,Device Hardware%=0.0002,Device Rejected%=1.1497,Device Elapsed=263333|

As you can see in the response to the devs RPC API call the AntMiner S4 driver itself is claiming to be hashing at 3.6 Th/s. In addition the driver does not provide any 1-minute or 5-minute hashrates like the Spondoolies ASICs which are more reliable than their (also buggy) MHS 5s value. If it did, MultiMiner would use those.

I would recommend contacting Bitmain support with the above RPC API output you've provided along with the URL to the shell script I've provided:

As far as other apps that do not have this issue, my assumption is those do not use the devs RPC API call and thus do not support viewing per-device statistics, as MultiMiner and MobileMiner do.

Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: