Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:26:23 PM

hmmm...  1 more feature request, can you factor in merge-mining? i.e. currently my btc mining pool is  a merge-mining pool, if another non-merged coin does not exceed BTC + the merged coinses in profitability I would not want it to auto-switch.

Considerations:  Many pools just do BTC + NMC, but others do much more (ala bitparking) and the added boost can be in excess of 10% at times, so you'd probably have to somehow select all the merged coins in your merge mining setup.
Does the setting for each coin where you can adjust the profitability by addition or by multiplication help address this? Or is there something more to it? If there is more needed can you be a bit more specific? Thanks!

What I would think (to help understand what I'm referring to) is that you allow a user to add coin type "merge mining" or some such, then they are presented with another data field to specify which coins are being merged (i.e. BTC, NMC, DVC, IXC as it stands currently at bitparking) then later when deciding on if you should continue merge mining or switch your hash rate to another coin the current profitability of all your merge mining coins is summed so that you'll only swap if the profitability of the "other" chain exceeds the combined total of all of your merge mined coins.

This should be settable because different places merge mine in different ways, and when merge mining on your own say with p2pool you can merge mine A LOT of coins, scrypt coins will likely see merge mining start taking place in the next 6 months or so as well I would predict.

Was that more clear?...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allidoislurk

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:39:27 PM

Okay folks, I'm gonna put it out there. If you like it, take it. If you don't, send it right back.

click

Wink

That is BADASS !!!

Thanks for developing this !
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:45:26 PM

Was that more clear?...
Crystal - thanks very much for that description! I thought that's where you were going but wasn't sure and like to make sure I have a good grasp on a feature before I try to implement it.

My own experience with merged mining has been limited to BTC+NMC so using a profitability adjustment was "good enough" there.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 10:42:43 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 11:15:11 PM by nwoolls

Okay folks. The iOS Dev Center is back up which means I should be able to start sending out beta versions of MobileMiner and - soon - submit a version to the App Store. If you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) with iOS 5 or greater and would like to try this out, please send me a private message with your device's UDID.

This should be limited to those with time to give feedback, with decent technical knowledge, good communication skills, and with the understanding that this is in order to test the app, not to shape the feature-set. This is not to say that users and testers will not have input on the direction of the app, but the point of testing this should be to find bugs and issues.

Thanks!

Edit: Beta participation will be first-come-first-served but with priority given to those who display, or have displayed, technical aptitude or given good feedback. Because of the way iOS development works I have a limited # of devices I can give beta copies to, plus it's harder to manage feedback from more testers. Thanks for understanding.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:07:35 AM

Okay folks. The iOS Dev Center is back up which means I should be able to start sending out beta versions of MobileMiner and - soon - submit a version to the App Store. If you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) with iOS 5 or greater and would like to try this out, please send me a private message with your device's UDID.

This should be limited to those with time to give feedback, with decent technical knowledge, good communication skills, and with the understanding that this is in order to test the app, not to shape the feature-set. This is not to say that users and testers will not have input on the direction of the app, but the point of testing this should be to find bugs and issues.

Thanks!

Edit: Beta participation will be first-come-first-served but with priority given to those who display, or have displayed, technical aptitude or given good feedback. Because of the way iOS development works I have a limited # of devices I can give beta copies to, plus it's harder to manage feedback from more testers. Thanks for understanding.

This is so awesome nwolls.  You are making something miners have wanted for awhile now.  Being able to remotely control and monitor miners like this is amazing.  That being said if you ever need any android testers let me know.  Being an android fanboy I have a lack of iOS devices  Grin

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 12:17:48 AM

This is so awesome nwolls.  You are making something miners have wanted for awhile now.  Being able to remotely control and monitor miners like this is amazing.  That being said if you ever need any android testers let me know.  Being an android fanboy I have a lack of iOS devices  Grin
I assure you an Android version is the first thing on my list once the version iOS release is out the door. There are a few more features that I want to do for the iOS version before I submit to the App Store, but an Android version isn't that far off.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 02:47:11 AM

Version 1.0.12 of MultiMiner is now available on the Github Releases page. Changes include:

• Add the ability to configure the interval used for strategy checks
  • Display a dialog if version 3.5 of the .NET Framework is not installed
  • Automatically download the latest binaries for cgminer and bfgminer under OS X from the xgminer-osx project (previously a static version number was used)
  • Support for remote monitoring and remote control using MobileMiner
  • Additional fixes for NULL data returned from CoinChoose.com

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 07:28:19 AM

The MobileMiner iOS app has been submitted to the App Store for review. This should take about a week. The initial version includes:

• Open API that any mining software can adopt (currently supported by MultiMiner for Windows and Asteroid for Mac)
  • Ability to monitor multiple machines and devices
  • Icons make it easy to see which machines are offline, mining, and not mining
  • Start, stop, and restart mining remotely
  • Email and push notifications for offline machines, offline devices, and hot devices

Once this is out the door work will begin on the Android version, along with a proper website for the apps & API.

bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:24:11 PM

Found 2 issues regarding this tool

I have 1 bfl jala
And 3 asic miner erupters at present

The first is when i start cgminer it finds 2 from 3 amu's.
Then comes the funny part if i start cgminer with the config it instant finds all 3

But now the second problem i can not get that bfl to work on cgminer i tried messing with the driver but somehow i could not get it to work

bfgminer finds the jala instant and does work flawless with it on this miner but i miss all the extra parameters from the config file.
But this miner does not see the amu's "sigh"  Lips sealed

Now this tool only let you choose one or the other which does not work for me as well

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:21:05 PM

Found 2 issues regarding this tool
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble.

The first is when i start cgminer it finds 2 from 3 amu's.
Then comes the funny part if i start cgminer with the config it instant finds all 3

That honestly sounds about normal for me with cgminer. In my experience its USB support is pretty flakey. I have 2 USB Erupters and I sometimes have to start cgminer a couple of times for it to see all of them. This is on multiple machines and without MultiMiner.

But now the second problem i can not get that bfl to work on cgminer i tried messing with the driver but somehow i could not get it to work

Unfortunately I don't have any BFL devices yet for testing. From what I have read they work fine with bfgminer but I don't know about cgminer.

bfgminer finds the jala instant and does work flawless with it on this miner but i miss all the extra parameters from the config file.

You can add any extra miner parameters within the Settings dialog.

But this miner does not see the amu's "sigh"  Lips sealed

In order for the USB Erupters to work with bfgminer you need to install this driver and reboot. Note that installing that driver will make the USB support for AMUs in cgminer stop working until you uninstall it.

purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:27:36 AM

It appears your software can't deal with more than 10 devices. I have 12 Block eruptors and a Modminer on the same machine. In an error, I noticed that you specify each device by  a "-d 0 -d 1" flag. This ensures that there will only be 10 devices enabled, since it appears you don't make allowances for more devices?

Another thing is I have pools that don't need passwords. If I don't put a password into the coin settings dialog, the miner won't start.

If I put in a miscellaneous password just to get it started, I get an error of "An item with the same key has already been added" in a .NET dialog box. I have no idea what this means.

I have MultiMiner running successfully on my Scrypt rig, but not on my SHA-256 because of the device limitations and error messages.

Otherwise I love the software, works great! One question I have is can I force some devices to only mine scrypt coins and other devices to only mine SHA-256? especially at the same time? Because it is almost always more profitable for my GPUs to stick to scrypt mining, but my Block Eruptors & FPGA can't mine scrypt even though it is more profitable.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 02:55:37 AM

It appears your software can't deal with more than 10 devices. I have 12 Block eruptors and a Modminer on the same machine. In an error, I noticed that you specify each device by  a "-d 0 -d 1" flag. This ensures that there will only be 10 devices enabled, since it appears you don't make allowances for more devices?
Hmmm I'll have to figure out a way to test this. I can't think of a reason off the top of my head why it would be limited to 10. Does it show all of the devices in the UI? But not mine with all of them? Any details you could give would be excellent, including the error text and call stacks, screenshots, etc. I'd love to get this fixed for you!.

Another thing is I have pools that don't need passwords. If I don't put a password into the coin settings dialog, the miner won't start.

What arguments do you use with cgminer when you don't use a password? Do you just omit that parameter? I'd be happy to add proper support for leaving the password out. Can you give me an example of a pool like this that I could test?

If I put in a miscellaneous password just to get it started, I get an error of "An item with the same key has already been added" in a .NET dialog box. I have no idea what this means.

Can you please send me the full error text and call stack for this error? If possible please download the debug build as that will give me line numbers in the error.

Because it is almost always more profitable for my GPUs to stick to scrypt mining, but my Block Eruptors & FPGA can't mine scrypt even though it is more profitable.

It will automatically only use SHA-256 coins with USB/AMU devices. It will only Scrypt mine on GPUs. Let me know if you need something more there.

Thanks very much for your feedback. I'd love to get these issues addressed for you so any additional information would be great.

bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:32:30 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 10:43:50 AM by bronan

Do not get me wrong i do love your program but i can not use it

Since its impossible to add all commands needed to let these miners run the same as with the config files
Its simply too much of a fuss, i think it has todo that both miners are getting too complex and the different usb devices not really work well

For instance the command to find all usb port devices on bfgminer simply fails blah blah -all did let it crash  

I have to make a huge list of usb devices to get them found:
"scan-serial" : [
   "/dev/ttyUSB0",
   "/dev/ttyUSB1",
   "/dev/ttyUSB2",
   "/dev/ttyUSB3",
   "/dev/ttyUSB4",
   "/dev/ttyUSB5",
   "/dev/ttyUSB6",
   "/dev/ttyUSB7",
   "/dev/ttyUSB8",
   "/dev/ttyUSB9",
   "/dev/ttyUSB10",

and so on till com 35

I have the drivers you posted installed on those machines and setup as most posted on the forum

But they simply refuse to work together, i am currently searching for a small cheap minibook which can act as a miner on bamt/linux
To see if that works better
But my experiment with bamt on a usb stick showed it could find the amu's, but again the bfl messes up

Gonna try the winpe experimental mining solution also, sadly its is pretty limited.
Sadly have no longer access to the free windows 8 server licenses because i left the company where i worked

PS the cgminer is simple i use zadig to get it running again on the amu's

Again i think you program will make many people happy if they can overcome the miner problems
The developers are not much of a help since they simply not respond at all
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 03:45:49 PM

Do not get me wrong i do love your program but i can not use it

No offense taken at all. I would just like to fix what issues I can, and if you have time and care to help with that it would be excellent!  Smiley

Since its impossible to add all commands needed to let these miners run the same as with the config files
Its simply too much of a fuss, i think it has todo that both miners are getting too complex and the different usb devices not really work well

For instance the command to find all usb port devices on bfgminer simply fails blah blah -all did let it crash  

I have to make a huge list of usb devices to get them found:
"scan-serial" : [
   "/dev/ttyUSB0",
   "/dev/ttyUSB1",
   "/dev/ttyUSB2",
   "/dev/ttyUSB3",
   "/dev/ttyUSB4",
   "/dev/ttyUSB5",
   "/dev/ttyUSB6",
   "/dev/ttyUSB7",
   "/dev/ttyUSB8",
   "/dev/ttyUSB9",
   "/dev/ttyUSB10",

and so on till com 35

Just trying to make sure I understand here. Are you saying that bfgminer itself crashes if you do --scan-serial all or -S all ? But it works if you list each and every device with --scan-serial? Or are you saying MultiMiner crashes? Can you post the crash details/text?

MultiMiner already launches bfgminer with --scan-serial all, so it should find your devices, unless bfgminer is failing here (which may be what you were saying to begin with).

bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:58:56 PM

hahaha indeed if i start bfgminer simply with the -S all it crashed
the same goes for cgminer with --ndevs
I do admit that i did never change my mining setups besides certain pool changes
These problems started when i wanted to change my gpu's to scrypt and to get the usb devices to work
I did not ever expected such weird issues, but since i switched over to win 8 got more problems running miners

Well not if i use my gpu's on btc that still runs without problems
I also made sure to open command prompts as admin in case this would prevent them to access hardware

purelithium

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:11:54 AM

I'll get back to you tomorrow or possibly sometime this weekend to help debug the issues for you, however I'm trying to get a new Scrypt machine up and running along with going away for the long weekend.

Thanks!

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 03:17:43 AM

I'll get back to you tomorrow or possibly sometime this weekend to help debug the issues for you, however I'm trying to get a new Scrypt machine up and running along with going away for the long weekend.

My pleasure. You can PM me on here or email me at my username @ gmail dot com. I'm on Skype too with the same info. If needed we can do some remote assistance too, if you are comfortable with that. I noticed in re-reading you have a FPGA as well, so that's another piece of your setup that I cannot reproduce, so there may be some quirkiness there in the current build.

I'd love to fix this stuff, so whenever you have time I'm down for doing whatever we can to diagnose.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:56:13 AM

Happy Friday folks. The MobileMiner iOS app has been approved and is now available on the Apple App Store. Happy mobile mining!

purelithium

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:31:30 AM

Love the MobileMinerApp! Please don't sell my e-mail though... I'm gonna buy the notifications to help support your efforts!

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 02:38:00 AM

Love the MobileMinerApp! Please don't sell my e-mail though... I'm gonna buy the notifications to help support your efforts!

I'm totally legit man no worries there. That is only so I can get in touch with users if needed. One thing my experience has taught me, especially with mobile apps, it's good to get a verified email address early on rather than scramble to get one later. e.g. if you have to make some big breaking change.

Version 1.1 is already waiting for review with the following small enhancements (courtesy of suggestions from the Asteroid author):

• Delete machines by swiping (they will reappear if they submit data)
  • Show the date data was fetched on main screen
  • Refresh data older than 15 minutes when navigating
  • Hide blank hashrates on the main screen
  • Show the network activity indicator when fetching or updating data

Next on my list is the Android app as well as getting something up at mobileminerapp.com that lets people find out how to submit statics, request API keys, etc.

Thanks for your support!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: