Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827249 times)
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:11:26 PM

Everyone - SUPER SORRY about the slow-downs. That should all be resolved magically now without any updates required by you.
Which is just a nice way of saying it was a server-side issue (with MobileMiner) that I have resolved.

Would the problem have gone away if we unchecked mobile miner features?

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 01:16:05 PM

Would the problem have gone away if we unchecked mobile miner features?

Exactly. As others noted it wasn't actually affecting mining speed, hash rates, submitted shares, etc, and the app itself wasn't consuming excessive CPU or anything. It was waiting for a response from the MobileMiner API which was having some server-side issues that I've since corrected.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nitrocs

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

Does the iOS app show accepted/rejected shares, local work, pool difficulty, etc?
I have gotten Multiminer working on a few boxes, but would like to be able to monitor the finer info points that cgminer provides
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

Does the iOS app show accepted/rejected shares, local work, pool difficulty, etc?
I have gotten Multiminer working on a few boxes, but would like to be able to monitor the finer info points that cgminer provides

The data is collected by the MobileMiner API but it is not currently displayed in the mobile apps. This is already an item on my to-do list for the next round of app updates. Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback  Cheesy

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
atomicchaos

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:07:21 PM

I'd also like to pledge at least 1 BTC for a working "central console" for the miners to be controlled, understandably in the distant future with the complexity. While I know you have not asked for anything, it's always nice to keep the developer motivated, something you haven't lacked at all in this thread, and hopefully won't lose any of.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 09:57:43 PM

I'd also like to pledge at least 1 BTC for a working "central console" for the miners to be controlled, understandably in the distant future with the complexity. While I know you have not asked for anything, it's always nice to keep the developer motivated, something you haven't lacked at all in this thread, and hopefully won't lose any of.

I appreciate that. It's definitely in my plans. To give you more of an idea of where I am planning to go with this, users have requested two things:

• The ability to run MultiMiner from the command line without a windowed UI
  • The ability to control MultiMiner instances across their rigs from one location

The current MultiMiner source is already built in layers composed of DLLs and an EXE.

At the very bottom is MultiMiner.Xgminer.dll, which wraps access to bfgminer and cgminer. Along with that there is MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.dll for communicating with the cgminer/bfgminer RPC API, as well as MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.dll and MultiMiner.MobileMiner.Api.dll for consuming both of those APIs.

Wrapping access to these pieces is MultiMiner.Engine.dll, which has all of the logic and settings for doing what MultiMiner does: keeping miners running, switching strategies, etc.

And then there's MultiMiner.Win.exe, which is a windowed UI that provides access to MultiMiner.Engine.dll and the rest of the functionality described above.

So my thoughts are to create a new application, for example MultiMiner.Cmd.exe, which would be a command line application that wrapped all the functionality in MultiMiner.Engine.dll, the way the windowed UI application does today. MultiMiner.Cmd.exe would also be written with a simple RCP API, allowing access to its commands. Finally, it would be written with something like Bonjour so that instances of MultiMiner.Cmd.exe can be found on the local network.

Finally, MultiMiner.Win.exe would be rewritten to communicate with the MultiMiner.Cmd.exe RCP API. MultiMiner.Win.exe would fire up a local instance of MultiMiner.Cmd.exe if none is found, plus it would detect the other instances of MultiMiner on the network, allowing you to communicate with all of your miners from a single UI.

This new version of MultiMiner.Win.exe would also include some new functionality aimed at making changes to all of the MultiMiner instances on the network.

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:30:54 AM

I appreciate that. It's definitely in my plans. To give you more of an idea of where I am planning to go with this, users have requested two things:

• The ability to run MultiMiner from the command line without a windowed UI
  • The ability to control MultiMiner instances across their rigs from one location

The current MultiMiner source is already built in layers composed of DLLs and an EXE.

At the very bottom is MultiMiner.Xgminer.dll, which wraps access to bfgminer and cgminer. Along with that there is MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.dll for communicating with the cgminer/bfgminer RPC API, as well as MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.dll and MultiMiner.MobileMiner.Api.dll for consuming both of those APIs.

Wrapping access to these pieces is MultiMiner.Engine.dll, which has all of the logic and settings for doing what MultiMiner does: keeping miners running, switching strategies, etc.

And then there's MultiMiner.Win.exe, which is a windowed UI that provides access to MultiMiner.Engine.dll and the rest of the functionality described above.

So my thoughts are to create a new application, for example MultiMiner.Cmd.exe, which would be a command line application that wrapped all the functionality in MultiMiner.Engine.dll, the way the windowed UI application does today. MultiMiner.Cmd.exe would also be written with a simple RCP API, allowing access to its commands. Finally, it would be written with something like Bonjour so that instances of MultiMiner.Cmd.exe can be found on the local network.

Finally, MultiMiner.Win.exe would be rewritten to communicate with the MultiMiner.Cmd.exe RCP API. MultiMiner.Win.exe would fire up a local instance of MultiMiner.Cmd.exe if none is found, plus it would detect the other instances of MultiMiner on the network, allowing you to communicate with all of your miners from a single UI.

This new version of MultiMiner.Win.exe would also include some new functionality aimed at making changes to all of the MultiMiner instances on the network.

That sounds quite delicious.  I have one question about the mobile app, would it be possible to have more details added?  Such as history, accepted, rejected, errors, etc?  I have no knowledge of coding apps so really no idea if this is possible or more difficult than its worth but I thought I would put out the suggestion either way.  I also would be willing to chip in something as a donation as the hard work you have put into this regardless of any new additions has made my life much easier.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 02:38:24 AM

That sounds quite delicious.  I have one question about the mobile app, would it be possible to have more details added?  Such as history, accepted, rejected, errors, etc?  I have no knowledge of coding apps so really no idea if this is possible or more difficult than its worth but I thought I would put out the suggestion either way.  I also would be willing to chip in something as a donation as the hard work you have put into this regardless of any new additions has made my life much easier.

Accepted, rejected, utility, work, HW errors, and history are all on the to-do list for the mobile apps. The data is gathered, just not displayed (yet). Thanks for the support!

purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:49:26 PM

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see it!

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
atomicchaos

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:10:48 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 01:27:35 PM by atomicchaos

As a quick note, CGminer 3.4.0 is out now.

To update MM, you can either:

- Download and extract to the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MultiMiner\Miners\cgminer

=OR=

- Delete the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MultiMiner\Miners\cgminer directory and launch MM. This should prompt you to download the latest CGminer automagically.

I've been using the 2nd option as it cuts down on steps. I've also just deleted the Miners directory as I don't use other miners, and this does the same thing.

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:45:16 PM

As I'm updating my machines, I'm noticing on a few of my rigs, I had an error stating that the Mobileminer Credentials are incorrect, and the mobile monitoring is now disabled. You have to hit OK on the box, and I believe this prevents auto coin switching, and the credentials are valid.

To fix, I just re-enable in the settings by checking the box, but not sure what is causing it.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 01:52:07 PM

As I'm updating my machines, I'm noticing on a few of my rigs, I had an error stating that the Mobileminer Credentials are incorrect, and the mobile monitoring is now disabled. You have to hit OK on the box, and I believe this prevents auto coin switching, and the credentials are valid.

To fix, I just re-enable in the settings by checking the box, but not sure what is causing it.

It shouldn't prevent auto coin switching. What makes you think that was the case?

That dialog is shown if MobileMiner throws an error 403, indicating your credentials are invalid. Please let me know if this continues to happen after the fixes to MobileMiner I made a couple of days ago.

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:12:05 PM

It shouldn't prevent auto coin switching. What makes you think that was the case?

That dialog is shown if MobileMiner throws an error 403, indicating your credentials are invalid. Please let me know if this continues to happen after the fixes to MobileMiner I made a couple of days ago.

I thought I noticed anytime a dialog box was open, the app didn't switch coins. It sounds like that may have been an incorrect assumption on my part. This error just popped up in the last 24 days on the machines (about 8 of them), but I believe they might still be at version .18, so maybe that is the issue.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 02:18:32 PM

I thought I noticed anytime a dialog box was open, the app didn't switch coins. It sounds like that may have been an incorrect assumption on my part.

It does, but only if there is an actual window up, such as the Settings dialog. This particular flow you are talking about should first show a MessageBox dialog showing some informative text and an OK button. When you click OK, the Settings dialog is shown. At this point coin switching will pause.

However, during the unattended period where there was a MessageBox visible, coin switching would/should continue.

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:53:45 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 03:06:26 PM by skyhigh2004

Same thing happened to me too.  After that error comes up the mobile app stops displaying info for that miner correctly. 

EDIT:  simply rechecking the box makes my mobile app work again.  Wonder why my credentials that worked all of a sudden stop

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 06:09:42 AM

Here's a little peak at some coming features in v1.1.20:

Things are shaping up nicely so far. MultiMiner will automatically check for updates to any miners you have installed. You can either dismiss the notifications or click the link. If you click the link, mining will automatically be suspended, the latest miner installed, and mining will be resumed.

If you feel like playing with a rough beta (no really it's late) you can grab a copy here.

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:47:11 PM

So ever since I hooked up 30 some block erupters this miner no longer works which I loved using it for mining alt coins with my GPU it says cgminer and bfgminer are not in the folders tries to download and it wont work, also when I go to settings and scan for devices it freezes up. And sometimes it will have this box that pops up asking me to kill disowned miners?

Know of any fix for this this was running great for me for about a week.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

So ever since I hooked up 30 some block erupters this miner no longer works which I loved using it for mining alt coins with my GPU it says cgminer and bfgminer are not in the folders tries to download and it wont work, also when I go to settings and scan for devices it freezes up. And sometimes it will have this box that pops up asking me to kill disowned miners?

Know of any fix for this this was running great for me for about a week.

None of those sound familiar to me. I'll need some more help in identifying the problems. I'd also be happy to do remote support via TeamViewer (which I've done with other members who can vouch for me).

What OS is this? Windows?

The prompt saying that neither cgminer or bfgminer are installed should simply be checking in the Miners subfolder for bfgminer and cgminer, in their own respective folders.

Regarding issues downloading it, what do you mean "it wont work"? What happens? Are there errors? Can you make a brief screencast with Jing.com? Please note that the official downloads for bfgminer (which MultiMiner uses) are currently down and have been for a day. You can see that by clicking here: http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer. If you download the beta version I linked above (1.1.20) it uses Luke's backup download site, so downloads should work with that one.

Regarding detecting devices and locking up, again are there any errors? Can you check the Windows Event Viewer for an error? If you leave it locked up does an error ever pop up? Again a screencast using Jing.com may help here.

Finally, regarding the prompt to kill disowned miners: that is an option in the Settings dialog. If it is checked, MultiMiner will tell you when cgminer and bfgminer are running but weren't started by MultiMiner, and prompt to kill those processes for you.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 12:44:25 AM

Hey folks. I'm sorry if anyone is having trouble visiting my websites or accessing the MobileMiner apps. Apparently Windows Azure is having a time of it right now:

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/service-dashboard/

Hopefully things will be back up soon.

nosurrender

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:02:10 AM

Thanks a lot nwoolls,

what an great a tool. Works on my Windows Machines like a charm, having no problems at all right from the start even with the early versions.

Why not using it on my iMac, I asked myself. Everything installed, no problems starting it on iMac (2011, Lion), Coin Configuration o.k.  - but unfortunately MultiMiner doesn´t detect my GPU. Mining Scrypt Coins with Diabolo or Bitcoins with guiminer (or Bitminter) works just fine.

Any ideas? Are there any iMacs out there causing similar trouble?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: