Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:19:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:36:34 AM

Sorry for the late reply nathanial on my behalf have some pretty hectic days at the moment

I mine at moment only btc untill BES no longer make a decent profit or that alternate coins make a bigger profit
As far as i know all alternate coins are less profitable for me having only asic devices to use

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 01:50:33 AM

Still having a few problems with this. Sometimes, my miners will just stop mining. When I check Multiminer, the "Stop" button is available, as if they were mining, but the total hashrate is zero. Usually the individual hashrates for the GPUs are frozen at some positive value.

Do you have MultiMiner set to restart dead/sick/frozen miners in the Settings dialog? That should handle crashed processes, 0 hashrate, and the API no longer responding.

This just happened with my block erupter rig, too. I restarted that one, and it appears to be hashing now, but MobileMiner insists that it is Offline. (When the GPU miners stop, it says "Not Mining.")

It takes a minute or so for MobileMiner to register that the rig is back online. You also need to refresh within the mobile app. This doesn't happen automatically (though the iOS one will refresh data older than 15 minutes). If this persists please either PM me or email me directly and I'll look into your data.

Lastly, I can't use cgminer for the GPU rigs. It just crashes immediately. Curiously, I have never been able to run cgminer using -u and -p -- it always crashes immediately, on any machine, any version. I have to use -O user:pass. I'm guessing this is why it's crashing under MultiMiner, because MultiMiner is sending -u and -p.

I guess I could add some sort of option for this but honestly you should probably report it to the cgminer author. I could change it to -O, but then maybe that crashes for other people.

This is close to being very useful software for me. I just bought the "alerts" package for MobileMiner, hopefully that will help me keep things running until things are more stable, but it won't help for the ASIC rig, which is still saying "Offline."

Make sure that both of the checkboxes in the Settings are checked. If this is a persistent problem please PM or email me and we can troubleshoot it. I'll need your email address, app key, and the machine name.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:51:03 AM

Sorry for the late reply nathanial on my behalf have some pretty hectic days at the moment

I mine at moment only btc untill BES no longer make a decent profit or that alternate coins make a bigger profit
As far as i know all alternate coins are less profitable for me having only asic devices to use

Where is the -I 7 flag coming from? Have you put that in for yourself? Take it out, you don't need an intensity for ASIC devices. I have a feeling that will fix your crashing issues. If not, can you click on the arguments cell, press ctrl-c to copy them and then run bfgminer from the command prompt using those flags? Show us the output.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 01:56:42 AM

For users of the MobileMiner iOS app, version 1.2 is now available on the App Store. Changes include:

• Added the ability to delete devices by swiping
• More devices are recognized as USB and GPU
• Machines and devices are now sorted
• Added a Welcome screen with getting started links

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
comor

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 09:08:21 PM by comor

Anybody tried to add linux rigs to MobileMiner?. Can't get it working. On windows rigs its working very well but when adding linux (mono) rigs Mobileminer doesnt see them.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:25:59 PM

Anybody tried to add linux rigs to MobileMiner?. Can't get it working. On windows rigs its working wery well but when adding linux (mono) rigs Mobileminer doesnt see them.

Interesting. I'll try this out within a day or two and let you know what I find.

bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:21:34 PM

Where is the -I 7 flag coming from? Have you put that in for yourself? Take it out, you don't need an intensity for ASIC devices. I have a feeling that will fix your crashing issues. If not, can you click on the arguments cell, press ctrl-c to copy them and then run bfgminer from the command prompt using those flags? Show us the output.

lol its for when i use the remaining gpu but i will remove it
however it has nothing todo with the crashes of the miners
many other miners like me experience many crashes on both cgminer and bfgminer
just try it one time yourself to get some reports about the hardware you use
normal commands like cgminer -V should show the version of the program
but on both my amd and intel system it crashes without showing any errors

in most cases you will see both miners instant crash at least on x64 machines
so i think it has todo with one of the libraries they use which does not work well on x64 machines

because the ones who i talked to and had no problems all was on the 32bit versions operating systems
purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:24:24 PM

I'm running bfgminer on 64bit systems. Sounds like something to bring to the developers of the miners, not MultiMiner.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:50:23 PM

Anybody tried to add linux rigs to MobileMiner?. Can't get it working. On windows rigs its working very well but when adding linux (mono) rigs Mobileminer doesnt see them.

Hey there. I just tried this out and had no problems at all with using MultiMiner under Linux and having it report into MobileMiner. Can you either PM me or email me your email address, application key, and the machine names and I'll take a look on my end?

busoni

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:12:38 AM

nwoolls, thanks for all your responses. You're the perfect developer. I did have restart sick etc. processes on, and the other rig didn't register as online again until I rebooted. Everything has been running perfectly smoothly all day, though, so there isn't any troubleshooting to do. Don't know what was happening.

Oh, one other thing; I don't need a solution, but I thought you might like to know. Yesterday, I couldn't mine Infinitecoin on any pools for some reason. If I launched cgminer independently, it just said all Infinitecoin pools were dead and moved on. But MobileMiner just sat there and did nothing. I figured it would switch to the next most profitable coin if all pools for the top coin were unavailable. Is it supposed to switch? (MobileMiner was acting so weird yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it normally does switch.)

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 01:26:10 AM

Oh, one other thing; I don't need a solution, but I thought you might like to know. Yesterday, I couldn't mine Infinitecoin on any pools for some reason. If I launched cgminer independently, it just said all Infinitecoin pools were dead and moved on.

If this happens again please let me know the exact output from cgminer / bfgminer so I can handle that output in MultiMiner.

To answer your question though - there's nothing currently in MultiMiner that would cause it to move on to a different coin if all pools in the most profitable coin are down.

busoni

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:02:35 AM

This happened again. I had only one pool for FlorinCoin, and it went down, so MobileMiner just sat there and did nothing. I think it would be a good feature for it to move on to the next coin if all pools in the most profitable coin are down . . . or, MobileMiner should send an alert if this happens.

Or perhaps there could be a universal backup pool(s). For now, I have put middlecoin.com in as a second pool for FlorinCoin... it is a temporary workaround to do this for all the coins.

cgminer outputs the usual "Pool n slow/down or URL or credentials invalid"

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 05:17:09 AM

This happened again. I had only one pool for FlorinCoin, and it went down, so MobileMiner just sat there and did nothing. I think it would be a good feature for it to move on to the next coin if all pools in the most profitable coin are down . . . or, MobileMiner should send an alert if this happens.

Agreed. I'll see what I can do for the next prerelease (coming after the next public update, which will be mostly minor fixes).

cgminer outputs the usual "Pool n slow/down or URL or credentials invalid"

But it never says "No servers could be used"?

MysteryX

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:06:03 AM

Download links are down?
fillerguy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:51:14 AM

Everything was working fine and suddenly it crashed, now whenever I load the software I get this error :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long.
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.ThisVersionGreater(String thisVersion, String thatVersion)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CheckForMinerUpdates(MinerBackend minerBackend)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CheckForUpdates()
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:25:33 PM

Download links are down?

They seem to work for me. Additionally they are hosted by GitHub so if / when the are down unfortunately there isn't much I can do.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:29:07 PM

Everything was working fine and suddenly it crashed, now whenever I load the software I get this error :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long.
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.ThisVersionGreater(String thisVersion, String thatVersion)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CheckForMinerUpdates(MinerBackend minerBackend)

Is this still happening for you? This looks to me like someone posted an update with a poorly defined version number. I do notice that cgminer 3.4.3 is available today, so I'm wondering if that wasn't posted for a short time with a bad filename / version.

Let me know if you are still having this issue. If so please download the Debug build from the releases page and then re-paste the error message you are receiving.

MasterX

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:29:27 PM

MultiMiner: Your Coins. Your Pools. Your way.
MobileMiner: Remotely monitor and control your rigs from your smartphone.

MultiMiner is Open Source with a permissive MIT license. Contribution is welcome and encouraged.
If you are interested in helping with MultiMiner, scroll to the bottom of this post for source code examples.

Nice work!
However, not really help full on a slow machine like an old thin client witch i use for mining with my asics.

An HP t5540 thin client like here http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t5540/index.shtml or here http://neowongch.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/add-3-5-sata-hard-drive-to-hp-thin-client-t5540/

On Windows i have seen no real issues so far, except that you can not hot add/swap devices, however i do find that the devices get recognized more smootly while cgminer is not active.

Has anyone tested this on something like a raspberry pi?

The thin client i use has 2gb ram (i took some more from a broken laptop, original it had a 512Mb ram module.) and uses a 4gb usb stick as hard disk, did not yet try this on the sata port, but i wont think that will change anything as its the cpu (or coding) that seems the bottleneck.

Some info:

Code:
root@miner:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : VIA Eden Processor 1000MHz
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 997.478
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm nx up pni est tm2 xtpr rng rng_en ace ace_en ace2 ace2_en phe phe_en pmm pmm_en
bogomips        : 1994.95
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 32 bits virtual
power management:

Code:
root@miner:~# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        1995688 kB
MemFree:         1624776 kB
Buffers:           37484 kB
Cached:           187132 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:           168644 kB
Inactive:         169764 kB
Active(anon):     113912 kB
Inactive(anon):      384 kB
Active(file):      54732 kB
Inactive(file):   169380 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
HighTotal:       1117064 kB
HighFree:         811280 kB
LowTotal:         878624 kB
LowFree:          813496 kB
SwapTotal:        105468 kB
SwapFree:         105468 kB
Dirty:                 0 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:        113808 kB
Mapped:            31488 kB
Shmem:               508 kB
Slab:              19004 kB
SReclaimable:      11020 kB
SUnreclaim:         7984 kB
KernelStack:        1680 kB
PageTables:         2468 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:     1103312 kB
Committed_AS:     806784 kB
VmallocTotal:     122880 kB
VmallocUsed:        5304 kB
VmallocChunk:     114164 kB
HardwareCorrupted:     0 kB
AnonHugePages:         0 kB
HugePages_Total:       0
HugePages_Free:        0
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
DirectMap4k:        8184 kB
DirectMap2M:      905216 kB

I have no experience with mono apps, so i dont know if its the coding of mono, or the app itself that causes the high cpu usage.
When using another script (python based) https://github.com/area/CryptoSwitcher i do not have any of these issues.
I liked the idea of a fancy gui, but given these issues; i'd rather stay with the CyproSwitcher script witch has a function to trade the coin's you've mined.
Maybe some later release will be  more usable on low powered devices...

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
MasterX

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:31:55 PM

MultiMiner: Your Coins. Your Pools. Your way.
MobileMiner: Remotely monitor and control your rigs from your smartphone.

MultiMiner is Open Source with a permissive MIT license. Contribution is welcome and encouraged.
If you are interested in helping with MultiMiner, scroll to the bottom of this post for source code examples.

Nice work!
However, not really help full on a slow machine like an old thin client witch i use for mining with my asics.

An HP t5540 thin client like here http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t5540/index.shtml or here http://neowongch.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/add-3-5-sata-hard-drive-to-hp-thin-client-t5540/

On Windows i have seen no real issues so far, except that you can not hot add/swap devices, however i do find that the devices get recognized more smootly while cgminer is not active.

The thin client i use has 2gb ram (i took some more from a broken laptop, original it had a 512Mb ram module.) and uses a 4gb usb stick as hard disk, did not yet try this on the sata port, but i wont think that will change anything as its the cpu (or coding) that seems the bottleneck.

Some info:

Code:
root@miner:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : VIA Eden Processor 1000MHz
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 997.478
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm nx up pni est tm2 xtpr rng rng_en ace ace_en ace2 ace2_en phe phe_en pmm pmm_en
bogomips        : 1994.95
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 32 bits virtual
power management:

Code:
root@miner:~# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        1995688 kB
MemFree:         1624776 kB
Buffers:           37484 kB
Cached:           187132 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:           168644 kB
Inactive:         169764 kB
Active(anon):     113912 kB
Inactive(anon):      384 kB
Active(file):      54732 kB
Inactive(file):   169380 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
HighTotal:       1117064 kB
HighFree:         811280 kB
LowTotal:         878624 kB
LowFree:          813496 kB
SwapTotal:        105468 kB
SwapFree:         105468 kB
Dirty:                 0 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:        113808 kB
Mapped:            31488 kB
Shmem:               508 kB
Slab:              19004 kB
SReclaimable:      11020 kB
SUnreclaim:         7984 kB
KernelStack:        1680 kB
PageTables:         2468 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:     1103312 kB
Committed_AS:     806784 kB
VmallocTotal:     122880 kB
VmallocUsed:        5304 kB
VmallocChunk:     114164 kB
HardwareCorrupted:     0 kB
AnonHugePages:         0 kB
HugePages_Total:       0
HugePages_Free:        0
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
DirectMap4k:        8184 kB
DirectMap2M:      905216 kB

I have no experience with mono apps, so i dont know if its the coding of mono, or the app itself that causes the high cpu usage.
When using another script (python based) https://github.com/area/CryptoSwitcher i do not have any of these issues.
I liked the idea of a fancy gui, but given these issues; i'd rather stay with the CyproSwitcher script witch has a function to trade the coin's you've mined.
Maybe some later release will be  more usable on low powered devices...

also, i have found that it is impossible to run this true tightvnc (something to to with DISPLAY:0 being not accessible, witch is obvious as i was using DISPLAY:1)

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:43:54 PM

This is pretty much to be expected to be honest. At some point I may look at writing native UIs for MultiMiner.Engine.dll, but for now that's a .NET WinForms app running under Mono which works but just isn't a great experience on older, slower hardware. MultiMiner is primary written to run on Windows.

If you are interested in using MobileMiner to monitor mining on slower hardware or low power devices like Raspberry Pi, there's a Python scrypt here you can use that works with either bfgminer or cgminer and the MinePeon project for Raspberry Pi either does have or will have support for MobileMiner (mine arrives today so I can test).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: