Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:38:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827249 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:05:30 AM

So CGminer will no longer be supported, even just locking the version down for GPU's of the last supported version?

It will remain working with the v1.4 line for MultiMiner. The device detection in v2.0 is rewritten.

The problem (among others) is that device detection and device specification for bfgminer and cgminer is going in two wildly different and incompatible directions. Both cgminer and bfgminer are starting to return different information for the -d? output, and both are starting to require different input arguments for specifying individual devices reliably.

Personally, what I would like is for these miners (bfgminer, cgminer, cudaminer, cpuminer, whatever) to have a standard way to:

• List available mining devices
  • Mine with a specific list of devices
  • Gather output and details on mining progress

If Luke and Con felt up to doing this I think it would rock for both me and other GUI authors.

If someone wants to help contribute to the source code and keep cgminer compatibility that works for me too.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:58:13 AM

And more...

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 12:09:31 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 12:28:03 PM by nwoolls

Here is another unofficial 2.0 release for any adventurous folks to test:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3651qrrluin9oq9/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51.zip

Again, this requires bfgminer built from currently unreleased Git sourcecode:

http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/webisect/webisect.php?dobuild=bfgminer

Changes in v2.0 include:

• A Restart button has been (re)introduced when mining
  • Mining is no longer automatically restarted by MultiMiner due to configuration changes (use the Restart button instead)
  • Added the ability to expand and collapse the amount of detail shown on the main screen
  • Devices are now grouped by kind (GPU, CPU, USB, Proxy)
  • Added the ability to view mining devices in a list, tile, icons, or details
  • Newly discovered devices default to Bitcoin
  • Separate processes are used for mining GPU & CPU versus USB & Proxy (for stability)
  • Added support for CPU mining (if it is enabled in bfgminer)
  • Improvements to the Getting Started wizard
  • Previous mining history is loaded on startup
  • It is now possible to select multiple devices
  • It is now possible to to mine several different coins across several different USB devices (previously this was troublesome as USB devices may be in use)
  • It is now possible to mine with both Block Erupters and Blue / Red Fury simultaneously
  • Per-device settings now do a better job of "sticking" when devices are added or removed
  • Improved device descriptions
  • Support for cgminer has been removed
  • Support for bfgminer 3.7 has been added (and is the minimum supported version)
  • MultiMiner will no longer prompt to automatically upgrade to major new releases (e.g. from 1.0 to 2.0)
  • Migrated to Semantic Versioning (major.minor.patch.build)

3KyNoX

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:10:34 PM

Hello,

Just say that as an idea but if Multiminer could manage from one place (desktop computer, mobile), many mining hardware and / or Rigs (many peoples still uses rigs for ltc or gld), it could be great.
I saw CGRemote ( http://manotechnology.blogspot.fr/p/cgremote.html ) doing that kind of thing.

I planned to build 4 rigs soon. It could help a lot.

Well, if it's not planned, you'll have to do it !

Donate : 1MmSvVtcZMLtCbk6RcEXRei91K8VrgPxoC
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

Just say that as an idea but if Multiminer could manage from one place (desktop computer, mobile), many mining hardware and / or Rigs (many peoples still uses rigs for ltc or gld), it could be great.

Currently you can use MobileMiner to monitor and control your multiple mining rigs. The future plan is to allow MultiMiner to detect other instances of MultiMiner on a network and allow once instance to control all of them.

rlhead7173

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:40:17 AM

I have always used CGminer. I have been doing a little reading on BFGminer since MultiMiner wont support it anymore. I am not 100% sure so just thought I would ask, Does if fully support scrypt mining?  

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:50:50 AM

I have always used CGminer. I have been doing a little reading on BFGminer since MultiMiner wont support it anymore. I am not 100% sure so just thought I would ask, Does if fully support scrypt mining?  

I have always used CGminer too, and I tried BFGminer today on one rig, as I want to continue using multiminer, but the hash rate was about 40 kh/s less per card with the same settings. I didn't spend much time tweaking, but I reverted back.

Sad to see with so many coming into Scrypt mining now that we're stuck with no more updates. Hoping that the Scrypt fork gets off the ground, wish I still had some programming skills.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:13:52 AM

Sad to see with so many coming into Scrypt mining now that we're stuck with no more updates. Hoping that the Scrypt fork gets off the ground, wish I still had some programming skills.

In my opinion there's no need for a fork. All that is needed is for someone to contribute to bfgminer. It is only if nobody decides to contribute to bfgminer that scrypt and GPU support will probably be axed from that as well.

There's lots of folks on the Litecoin forum forking cgminer and I get emails from folks also interested in forking. To me it just seems like a much more straight forward and beneficial path to improve the scrypt support in bfgminer.

Personally, as the developer of a GUI miner, I'd much rather just support one miner backend. Version 2.0 will have many more features because I don't have to code to the "lowest common denominator" backend. Even if a fork of cgminer were to become popular and widely used, I'd have to see a significant advantage to switch back to supporting multiple backends.

3KyNoX

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:37:14 AM

Currently you can use MobileMiner to monitor and control your multiple mining rigs. The future plan is to allow MultiMiner to detect other instances of MultiMiner on a network and allow once instance to control all of them.

Great !

In my opinion there's no need for a fork. All that is needed is for someone to contribute to bfgminer. It is only if nobody decides to contribute to bfgminer that scrypt and GPU support will probably be axed from that as well.

There's lots of folks on the Litecoin forum forking cgminer and I get emails from folks also interested in forking. To me it just seems like a much more straight forward and beneficial path to improve the scrypt support in bfgminer.

Personally, as the developer of a GUI miner, I'd much rather just support one miner backend. Version 2.0 will have many more features because I don't have to code to the "lowest common denominator" backend. Even if a fork of cgminer were to become popular and widely used, I'd have to see a significant advantage to switch back to supporting multiple backends.

BFGMiner is great, but saw recently it have some tweaks and improvements and code purposes still required, especially on Mac. It was impossible to make it work last week with scrypt & CPU/GPU on a OSX. LukeJr said coders are free to come and improve BFGMiner on Mac computers.

Donate : 1MmSvVtcZMLtCbk6RcEXRei91K8VrgPxoC
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:59:29 PM

BFGMiner is great, but saw recently it have some tweaks and improvements and code purposes still required, especially on Mac. It was impossible to make it work last week with scrypt & CPU/GPU on a OSX. LukeJr said coders are free to come and improve BFGMiner on Mac computers.

I'm not sure what you are referring to - do you have a link?

CPU mining is not enabled by default in bfgminer or cgminer (though either can be recompiled with it enabled). I just tried scrypt mining with bfgminer on my Mac and it worked fine. Check out the steps in this article:

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/05/02/litecoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-gpu-mining/

ford0415

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:21:34 PM

I posted this is the support forum, and apologize for double posting. After almost 90 views and no replies I'm taking some measures.

MultiMiner detects my block erupters, but only utilizes one of the two. BFGMiner by itself will run both, so MultiMiner not running both is baffling. I've had them hooked up into my front USB ports, with success, and my USB3 ports on my motherboard directly, also with success.

I've tried both ICA and BES devices under the settings, both worth fine (well, with the one that's hashing).

Any suggestions?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:32:33 PM

MultiMiner detects my block erupters, but only utilizes one of the two. BFGMiner by itself will run both, so MultiMiner not running both is baffling. I've had them hooked up into my front USB ports, with success, and my USB3 ports on my motherboard directly, also with success.

Post the arguments found on the Process Log screen compared to the ones that you are able to use to successfully mine with both.

Also try the recent link to an unofficial v2.0 build with an unofficial v3.7 bfgminer as these both fix the way multiple devices are started.

ford0415

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:38:30 PM

I don't use any arguments with BFGMiner 3.6 (I just run it, and add the devices myself erupter:all). After that I have it set for Balanced, 256 workload, 2 GPU threads, with a 6 intensity.

I've tried MultiMiner 2 and it crashes on my end.

This is what I'm getting for the Process Log

-I D --scan-serial all --scan-serial opencl:auto -o coinotron.com:8322 -u USERNAME-p PASSWORD -d 0 -d 1 --api-listen --api-port 4029 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1, -T

Just for reference, I *DID* blank out my username and password. Smiley
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:41:02 PM

I don't use any arguments with BFGMiner 3.6 (I just run it, and add the devices myself erupter:all). After that I have it set for Balanced, 256 workload, 2 GPU threads, with a 6 intensity.

I've tried MultiMiner 2 and it crashes on my end.

Can you please post the full crash text (copy & paste)?

-I D --scan-serial all --scan-serial opencl:auto -o coinotron.com:8322 -u USERNAME-p PASSWORD -d 0 -d 1 --api-listen --api-port 4029 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1, -T

Please try running bfgminer directly with:

Code:
bfgminer -I D --scan-serial all --scan-serial opencl:auto -o coinotron.com:8322 -u USERNAME-p PASSWORD -d 0 -d 1

This is the same arguments MultiMiner is using. Does bfgminer mine with both ASICs?

Just for reference, I *DID* blank out my username and password. Smiley

No need to unless you are re-using passwords. This is just your worker name and password which is of no use to anyone else unless they want to mine for you.

ford0415

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:51:46 PM

I just tried BFGMiner with those arguments, and well... only one erupter works.

Here's the crash log for MultiMiner v2...
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.GetFormattedDevicesString(List`1 deviceDescriptors) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 2666
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.historyGridView_RowsAdded(Object sender, DataGridViewRowsAddedEventArgs e) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 2655
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotifica tion(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.AddInternal(DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.RefreshRows(Boolean scrollIntoView)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DataGridViewDataConnection.ProcessListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DataGridViewDataConnection.currencyManager_Li stChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.List_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetBindings(Boolean metadataChanged)
   at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList(IList list, Boolean metaDataChanged, Boolean applySortAndFilter)
   at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.set_DataSource(Object value)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 139
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MultiMiner.Win
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.51
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.51
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.Win.exe
MultiMiner.Utility
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.Utility.DLL
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MultiMiner.Engine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.Engine.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.Xgminer.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.Coin.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.Coin.Api.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.7903 built by: Win9Rel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Web.Extensions
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.7903
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
crwf2ttt
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
gwo-fpln
q7h9la1q
MultiMiner.CoinWarz.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.CoinWarz.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.CoinChoose.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/MultiMiner.CoinChoose.Api.DLL
42wksagk
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 4.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.6.16206
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
xki6rpom
ita7mm3g
25z299ww
Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL
Interop.Shell32
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Brandon/Downloads/MultiMiner-2.0.0.51/Interop.Shell32.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:54:04 PM

Here's the crash log for MultiMiner v2...

Just to clarify: you also downloaded the version of bfgminer 3.7 linked and installed that under the Miners\bfgminer folder? MultiMiner v2 won't work if you just let it automatically download bfgminer (as 3.7 isn't out yet).

ford0415

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:00:15 PM

I did download 3.7 and extracted it to the miners folder for multiminer v2.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

I did download 3.7 and extracted it to the miners folder for multiminer v2.

If you get time can you contact me at my email address in my signature so I can look into this further?

entr04y

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:16:03 PM

I am having an issue getting multi miner to start on OSX mavericks 10.9.  I've installed mono 3.2.4 and Xquartz 2.7.5.  When I start MultiMiner I get the screen asking to download cgminer and bfgminer, whichever of the three options I select, the window goes away and mono-sgen goes to 100% cpu, and no further windows appear.  At this point the application says "not responding" and no windows appear.  I don't see any output in the console, and I can't seem to find a log file.

I've looked at this thread and the mono mailing list and can't find any similar issues.  Can someone point me to some debugging tips, or if you have an idea of what the problem might be, that would be fantastic!

Thanks,
ent
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:22:36 PM

I am having an issue getting multi miner to start on OSX mavericks 10.9.  I've installed mono 3.2.4 and Xquartz 2.7.5.  When I start MultiMiner I get the screen asking to download cgminer and bfgminer, whichever of the three options I select, the window goes away and mono-sgen goes to 100% cpu, and no further windows appear.

You could try installing bfgminer or cgminer yourself first. MultiMiner only installs it if not present. There are instructions here: http://thread.xgminer.com

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: