Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:53:49 PM

I ran into a slight glitch when I used the import function under coins on two machines, but what I did was not a typical process that someone would do. No issues on the other machines. 9 machines loaded, and they all see each other. Clicking on the other machines listed, I see the status as if I was logged into the machine itself.

This is exactly what is needed to manage multiple rigs from one machine!

A couple minor requests (minor in regards to the fact that it's no big deal if they can't get implemented):

1). Ability to sort the machines alphabetically (would love that for coin listing too) under network header
2). Ability to input a low hash rate threshold for each machine (ie. 3x7950, I would expect 1890 to 1950, so I'd input 1870 as a low threshold) and maybe it can show up as red, or such in the list if it dips below the expected rate? This would allow a quick visual check for issues

Thanks again for your feedback - it's exactly what I needed! I have fixed the bugs you found and also addressed a few other minor things, such as sorting the machine names in the list.

I've updated the downloads with the latest version and would ask anyone with multiple rigs and some time to help test this out. Any help you can give will ensure version 2.5 is a solid release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbul7x5yemjm38p/MultiMiner-2.5.0.zip

Thanks in advance to everyone (and atomicchaos) for feedback!  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:32:41 PM

I ran into a slight glitch when I used the import function under coins on two machines, but what I did was not a typical process that someone would do. No issues on the other machines. 9 machines loaded, and they all see each other. Clicking on the other machines listed, I see the status as if I was logged into the machine itself.

This is exactly what is needed to manage multiple rigs from one machine!

A couple minor requests (minor in regards to the fact that it's no big deal if they can't get implemented):

1). Ability to sort the machines alphabetically (would love that for coin listing too) under network header
2). Ability to input a low hash rate threshold for each machine (ie. 3x7950, I would expect 1890 to 1950, so I'd input 1870 as a low threshold) and maybe it can show up as red, or such in the list if it dips below the expected rate? This would allow a quick visual check for issues

Thanks again for your feedback - it's exactly what I needed! I have fixed the bugs you found and also addressed a few other minor things, such as sorting the machine names in the list.

I've updated the downloads with the latest version and would ask anyone with multiple rigs and some time to help test this out. Any help you can give will ensure version 2.5 is a solid release.

Thanks in advance to everyone (and atomicchaos) for feedback!  Grin

I ran behind getting more of my farm online for it, as I switched to pool mining Doge, as my solo results were poor due to difficulty. Hopefully Saturday or Sunday I'll be able to get through them all, been spending most waking hours making changes to the farm. Sleep really gets in the way, why do we need sleep? Smiley

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:39:16 PM

A new preview of version 2.5 with MultiMiner Remoting is now available. This includes many bug fixes and refinements as well as the beginning of secure, remote command support. With this release you can Start, Stop, and Restart any of the miners on your network.

Future updates will include more remote commands such as switching coins and scanning hardware.

Any feedback or issues you can report would be appreciated! Happy mining!  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

That is very cool.
Now should this work as well with say an Avalon or Ant S1 that uses it's own mining interface or is that not an option due to their nature?

A new preview of version 2.5 with MultiMiner Remoting is now available. This includes many bug fixes and refinements as well as the beginning of secure, remote command support. With this release you can Start, Stop, and Restart any of the miners on your network.

Future updates will include more remote commands such as switching coins and scanning hardware.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

That is very cool.
Now should this work as well with say an Avalon or Ant S1 that uses it's own mining interface or is that not an option due to their nature?

Not for now but in the future yes. For now the only way to use an Avalon or S1 with MultiMiner is through the Stratum Proxy. MultiMiner Remoting is strictly for multiple instances of MultiMiner or multiple rigs - again for now.

tanil

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:13:03 AM

After the auto update something goes bad...Hashrate fall down. Or if you change your settings something change and again hashrate fall down.  I uninstall (delete all files multiminer) and setup again twice a day Sad
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:13:39 AM

That's still ok though as with stratum I can still check the status on my S3.  Cool

That is very cool.

Not for now but in the future yes. For now the only way to use an Avalon or S1 with MultiMiner is through the Stratum Proxy. MultiMiner Remoting is strictly for multiple instances of MultiMiner or multiple rigs - again for now.

tanil

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:21:24 AM

There is a really big problem in this app. Khas rate is fall down.

I uninstall and delete all files about multiminer after that it works very well

I have to say this is absolutely not true.

Care to elaborate? Hash-rate in what application? Using what hardware? MultiMiner doesn't install a single thing that would affect anything outside of MultiMiner whatsoever. Most likely you are attributing some other variance to the action of moving or removing MultiMiner.

Edit: If you believe this to be an issue, please use the free utility Jing to record this experience and then post the screencast (they do free hosting as well). That may help more than trying to explain.

Please do not misunderstand me I just want to give you feedback.

I am not new your application and software. Thanks god for I found your software and application.

But there is something wrong I cannot record it because it changes.

Let me tell you what happening;

I use 2 PC   4xR9280X and 4x R9280X  normally hashrate 2,95 mhas but after I change in settings  Hashrate suddenly changes. Temperatures same but hashrate lower then normal.

Sometimes it works  very well. Sometimes I restart pc and this problem fix. But generally I have same problem in my 2 pc
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 12:25:19 AM

I use 2 PC   4xR9280X and 4x R9280X  normally hashrate 2,95 mhas but after I change in settings  Hashrate suddenly changes.

After you change what settings?

tanil

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:18:40 AM

I use 2 PC   4xR9280X and 4x R9280X  normally hashrate 2,95 mhas but after I change in settings  Hashrate suddenly changes.

After you change what settings?

Pool settings, config, all of them make problem
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:34:05 AM

Pool settings, config, all of them make problem

Why can't you record a video of this occurring?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:50:28 AM

To keep this little development live-blog going, a new preview of 2.5 is available for testing:

This allows you to Scan Hardware and Quick Switch other rigs on your network, in addition to the existing monitoring, Starting, Stopping, and Restarting.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:31:08 AM

Any chance to have a antminer firmware remake with this buit in would be nice feature to add multiminer into firmware of antmienrs and get bfgmienr working with it.

Or some way for multiminer to interact with them

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 04:04:34 AM

Any chance to have a antminer firmware remake with this buit in would be nice feature to add multiminer into firmware of antmienrs and get bfgmienr working with it.

Working on AntMiner S1 firmware is next after MultiMiner Remoting.

You can use the Stratum Proxy built into MultiMiner.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:20:56 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 07:32:35 AM by nwoolls

To keep this little development live-blog going, a new preview of 2.5 is available for testing.

This allows you to Scan Hardware and Quick Switch other rigs on your network, in addition to the existing monitoring, Starting, Stopping, and Restarting.

Version 2.5 PR5 (preview release) of MultiMiner is now available:

This update rounds out command support for MultiMiner Remoting. It is now possible to using Remoting to:

• Start mining
  • Stop mining
  • Restart mining
  • Scan hardware
  • Change coins for individual devices
  • Quick Switch coins
  • Toggle Dynamic Intensity
  • Toggle mining on individual devices

I see plenty of people trying 2.5 from my telemetry - please let me know if you are running into any bugs or errors!

Edit: Even if you are not running multiple rigs, there have been a lot of changes under the hood. If you have time to test this build for bugs, even briefly, I'd appreciate it!

jml25

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:28:01 PM

Nwoolls,

Going to try and test this today myself. As always, thanks for your hard work.

Can I make two quick suggestions?

One, I love how quick and easy it is to apply your advertised (released) updates within the app. Would it be possible to advertise your bleeding edge releases in the same way, so that we can choose to accept beta updates from within the app if we want to? With multiple machines this makes life a lot easier to apply these updates. Which brings me to my next question...

Two, apologies if I missed it, but will we be able to update MuM on our other machines remotely with this release as well?

Thanks again!
goofy73

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:14:04 PM

Hi, could you make an option in next version? Im talking about difficulty source, coinchoose show this parametr with some delay and this is negatively affects to the pools hypes earnings (for coins with small block recalculation). It would be better if it was possible to get the difficulty from the wallet (command "getdifficulty" in wallet console)
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 04:36:28 PM

One, I love how quick and easy it is to apply your advertised (released) updates within the app. Would it be possible to advertise your bleeding edge releases in the same way, so that we can choose to accept beta updates from within the app if we want to? With multiple machines this makes life a lot easier to apply these updates. Which brings me to my next question...

I do plan on doing this. The GitHub releases page allows you to mark releases as "pre-release". I plan on (some day) updating the code in MultiMiner so you can choose if you want pre-release updates or not. This will start pulling those pre-releases from GitHub in an automated fashion (similar to how it works now).

Two, apologies if I missed it, but will we be able to update MuM on our other machines remotely with this release as well?

That is planned along with the other "farm-specific" features of MultiMiner Remoting. Thanks for the suggestions!

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 04:37:08 PM

Hi, could you make an option in next version? Im talking about difficulty source, coinchoose show this parametr with some delay and this is negatively affects to the pools hypes earnings (for coins with small block recalculation). It would be better if it was possible to get the difficulty from the wallet (command "getdifficulty" in wallet console)

Have you tried using CoinWarz (from the Settings screen) instead?

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Working on AntMiner S1 firmware is next after MultiMiner Remoting.

You can use the Stratum Proxy built into MultiMiner.

How do i set this up as I have tried a number of times and failed every time.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: