Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Report to moderator" function broken  (Read 324 times)
Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:44:05 AM

As the title states, I can't report any posts. I either get "Busy, try again (504)" or "The last posting from your IP was less than 4 seconds ago." (which it wasn't, since it seems I can make actual posts just fine). What's going on?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:47:25 AM

It took my report about a minute to go through but it did eventually work. Maybe it's just intermittent right now.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:05:18 AM

As the title states, I can't report any posts. I either get "Busy, try again (504)" or "The last posting from your IP was less than 4 seconds ago." (which it wasn't, since it seems I can make actual posts just fine). What's going on?
i think its the site rather than just that one function, ive been getting quite a few 504's and other error screens when trying to just browse the forum today. i remember getting one that said 'SMF cannot connect to the database' earlier though.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:06:58 AM

i think its the site rather than just that one function, ive been getting quite a few 504's and other error screens when trying to just browse the forum today. i remember getting one that said 'SMF cannot connect to the database' earlier though.

Yeah that's true I have been getting a lot of errors lately. Usually the page will just time out. If at first you don't succeed try, try again!  Grin
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 04:52:10 AM

Errors tend to appear when bitcoin reaches ATHs because there are too many people visiting the forum and, with the recent rise, I bet we are having a record of hits. In my case, I haven’t tried to report anyone recently but I’ve noticed the forum being slower than usual.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:03:41 AM

The forum in general seems to be going fairly sluggish as of recently. It is possible, this is related.

I got a 504 error message when I tried to report your other thread.
Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:48:23 AM

It seems to be working now, though it takes a long time for reports to go through. It's much slower than the rest of the forum (except for the ignore list, but that's a lost cause).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
UpsilonTrooper

Activity: 504
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:44:17 AM

Oh I thought it was an issue on my end since the site has been slow af since last night and I've been getting a TON of 504 errors
Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:52:31 AM

It's happening again. I can make posts but not report them, though this time I get 524 instead of 504. The rest of the forum seems to be working fine.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16541

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 11:07:13 AM

I've noticed the same problem. The forum itself is a bit slow, but reporting posts is many times slower and often gives an error. My most recent error comes from Cloudflare: "Error 524 - A timeout occurred".

Does reporting a post require more resources than posting? When I delete a post it also takes longer than when I post one.
When I have many posts to report, the 4 second timeout between posts is annoying already, but this huge delays make it virtually impossible to report them. And I don't want them to get away with spamming!

I can open the Report-tab in about 2 seconds, but most of the time I can't actually report the post.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 01:24:14 PM

I had the same problem all morning but now the whole site is virtually unusable. It looks like yet another DDoS attack. It is possible that the report to moderator function is a weak point that the DDoS is attacking.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:51:02 PM

It's happening again. I can make posts but not report them, though this time I get 524 instead of 504. The rest of the forum seems to be working fine.
Has nothing to do with one particular function.It's the forum that's overloaded at the moment.Heavier functions like opening your inbox,reporting posts to admins which probably consume a good amount of load times intends to timeout.
Anyway,forum is lagging a lot from a past dew days.Somehow,I still feel we were good without Cloudflaire.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: