Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:37:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin stops........  (Read 4021 times)
DannaWonder

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:17:52 PM

What if bitcoin stops? What will gonna happen to the members of this group? What will happen to their investments? Is this forever? How to support this group in order not to stop...?

What do you mean if bitcoin stops? If you are pertaining to bitcoin loosing it's price. Well all the investors will loss their investment but I don't see that happening in the near future. Nothing can stop bitcoin no alt coins or any other FUDs can do it again. The only thing that can stop bitcoin is a regulation from all of the countries that will classify it as illegal which is impossible for now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bizdev

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

Big fan of P2PS, the future of altcoins.

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:23:24 PM

Bitcoin is the face of cryptocurrency.
If bitcoin fails, the whole cryptoworld will suffer.

BTC most certainly is not only the face but the granddaddy of all cryptocurrencies. But stating that whole cryptoworld will suffer if btc fails is like equating it to the blockchain itself. There will be a negative reaction for sure. The only reason its not currently at higher levels is due to its low utility and acceptability in the ecommerce industry generally speaking. Supporting technologies are emerging that will make BTC more accepted but it may take some time before this reaches reality. Until then some will continue calling it a bubble and some others continue to believe its a trend that may not last. Time will show. Until then I would prefer to hedge by spreading my crypto portfolio with alts so the impact is not very bad if it ever comes to that.

Mabhel19

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:29:16 PM

I think bitcoin will not stop. But if it stop many people will loss their incomes.
davidjoshua

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:39:58 PM

It's hard to stop bitcoin, in my opinion bitcoin never stops
BITCOIN is due to our belief in a virtual currency exchange. When we no longer trust or lose power or network, bitcoin will work very poorly and can stop Angry Angry Angry Angry
p2psf

Activity: 1288
Merit: 11

FULLY FUNCTIONAL PRODUCT SOLVING A GLOBAL PROBLEM

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:41:27 PM

I am also of the opinion that BTC will not stop. Its currently undervalued comparatively and hope that none of us lose money.

markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:58:21 PM

What if bitcoin stops?

How will it stop? Why will it stop? Bitcoin is still on the verge of progression. It hasn't met its peek.

Is this forever?

As long as there are miners that operate it will never end. Though, in reality of life, there is no such thing will last forever. Bitcoin might be gone but it will be replaced by another cryptocurrency and cycle will continue.

How to support this group in order not to stop...?

The rising number of participants or users of this industry the information and/or knowledge about this industry will spread naturally and it will not stop. As long as there are people patronizing Bitcoin and the fact that some of the Governments are now trying to study the acceptance of Bitcoin in their country, Bitcoin will keep on moving forward.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:08:59 PM

What if bitcoin stops? What will gonna happen to the members of this group? What will happen to their investments? Is this forever? How to support this group in order not to stop...?

You shouldn't invest all money into bitcoins Smiley If you have portfolio with different criptocurrencies, with fiat money, stocks like Apple you will not loose all your money Smiley

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:21:37 PM

There's no way to stop bitcoin because it is only operated thru internet connection and there's no may to stop internet unless your country will permanently shut it down which is impossible to happen. Bitcoin will remain in the circulation no matter what and the only thing they can prevent it is if they banned bitcoin transactions some countries did it but I guess some of their people continue to access it using other countries wallet or dollar account.
delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:25:38 PM

Bitcoin is unstoppable but that doesn't Bitcoin is inevitable.
Bitcoin has the heart which is the Blockchain servers and the blood flows in the internet. So, Bitcoin only stops when there's a sudden nature's wrath like catastrophic event that causes giant Data Centers to collapse and network underground broke down.
When internet is shut down then that's the end of Bitcoin and all Cryptocurrencies we know.

valisa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:27:41 PM

I think bitcoin will not stop, and nobody can stop it, bitcoin will not be worth it if everyone does not use bitcoin, but nowadays many people are using bitcoin, so it's impossible if bitcoin will stop
joniii

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:27:52 PM

It is impossible to stop bitcoin. Already many countries have started accepting it and very few countries are not aware of bitcoin. If bitcoin has to be stopped, then it should be banned worldwide. It is not that easily possible.  
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:37:07 PM

There's no way to stop bitcoin because it is only operated thru internet connection and there's no may to stop internet unless your country will permanently shut it down which is impossible to happen. Bitcoin will remain in the circulation no matter what and the only thing they can prevent it is if they banned bitcoin transactions some countries did it but I guess some of their people continue to access it using other countries wallet or dollar account.

If bitcoin loose its price its gonna be the end of bitcoin era. But its impossible to happen because they are already runs for many years and many countries have already study the crypto-currency to adopt its flatform because they notice they have a great impact to the country.
powermagic

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:37:41 PM

I do not think it can happen that way, because half the world's citizens feel the benefits of bitcoin. But if that happens, I can only say this is kriptocurrey apocalypse?
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:38:46 PM

I don't think bitcoin will stop, so difficult to happen because bitcoin is decentralization, impossible for bitcoin users to stop use, earn or mining bitcoin simultaneously.. don't worry about it, bitcoin will survive for a long time..
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:40:13 PM

I think it is really impossible to be happen. But in case that bitcoin will stop then a lot of people will be affected because many of us is now dependent since they make bitcoin as one of their source of income and I am one of them. So I always work hard to earn bitcoin and I am wishing that it wouldn't be possible.

krishnaverma

Activity: 1246
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:49:12 PM

Here are some of the facts that will help you:
1) Bitcoin is already legalized in some countries. In case, it gets banned in your country, you can transfer the bitcoins to the exchange present in those countries.
2) Only way this can stop is if there is worldwide decision for doing so in all governments.
3) In case it happens, this will affect all other cryptocurrencies and lot of people here will loose a lot of money.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:56:15 PM

Hi there ProphetDaniel! I hope you are not the prophet of death. First of all I clearly read the word “IF” which you mean even in unimaginable circumstance happened. What could definitely stop bitcoin is the global ban of cryptocurrency and whole blockchain network went down or froze. All those scenario could happen and even the internet could be stop from upstreaming and down streaming when the electricity of all the world turns down. Which is also unlikely to happen aside from an asteroid from hit the earth and a global wipe out. Anyway, I cant just imagine how that will happened.    Wink
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

If the bitcoap is closed then many problems will be scaled. And why Bitcoin will stop. This is a successful business. So I think it should not be stopped.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:08:36 PM

To stop bitcoin we need stop all mining farms, close exchanges, block crypto in a large number of countries. It's very hard to do

Actually its enough if you stop all miners and there you cant move your coins from wallet to wallet or wallet to exchange .
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 02:49:43 PM

Let me crack some sense into you: Bitcoin cannot stop?  The market forces determine on what should be the state of it. Bitcoin is basically governed by the code and market forces similar to the laissez-faire system wherein the people are the ones who create the demand, the people are the ones who create supply and set the prices, basically a peer to peer system with Jo government control involved whatsoever.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: