Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:54:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PREOPEN]BitFury H-Board Hosting (14 / 14 Avail) PacNW / Insured / $0.00/kwh  (Read 3616 times)
E (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:46:03 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 12:00:06 AM by E

I'm gauging interest in BitFury H-Board hosting.

This is an option for entry-level BitFury participation for only $450. No Minimum group size required - this is hosting, not a group buy.

I have 1 August-delivery starter kit and 1 Oct-delivery H-Board on order. I'm at my limit for capital expenditure for BitFury so I'll have room to host 14 additional H-Boards.
At time of posting, there are still > 450 October delivery H-Boards available for North America:
http://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=55

Terms are negotiable right now; I'll finalize them after input in this thread. For now:

- Hosting with a Washington State Company founded in 2010
- Secure climate-controlled facility in commercial building; access limited to three people including OP
- Insured - we will obtain major-carrier loss insurance for hosted H-Boards (Insurance cost to be shared among customers; estimated at $50/yr for all 14 slots)
- Documentation - we will provide invoices, proof of payment, and terms in hard copy if desired
- $0.00/kwh for electricity
- Fee is 3% (0.03) of production of your board. All pool payments for the kit will be sent to a single BTC address to be disclosed to customers; we will take 3% and the rest will be distributed to customers, 1/16th of production 1/nth of production for each board they own, where n is the number of slots populated.
- Flexible conveyance:
  • Order yourself, ship to yourself, then ship to us.
  • Order yourself, have it shipped to us. (edit: <-- Preferred Method; Fee reduced to 2.8% of production)
  • BTC Ordering! Pay us BTC and we'll buy an H-Board for you.

- Custom Cooling and Power Solution
We will be powering and cooling the kit and installed boards with a repurposed IBM BladeCenter chassis. This provides:
  • Redundant 2000W power supplies (>160A 12V single rail)
  • Redundant airflow (~300CFM per fan against 0.7in h20)

This is not our primary line of business, and we're not a hosting company. We are bitcoin users who want to see our BitFury chassis filled up and to cover our administrative costs in doing so.

Refunds: If you buy the board yourself, we won't take any money upfront - just the 3% of ongoing production. If we buy an H-Board for you after you send us BTC, we'll ship you the board if you decide to pull out of the deal. If BitFury(edit: or megabigpower) "never" ships (Doesn't ship before close of CC chargeback period) we'll try to get a refund from megabigpower and will turn to our CC company if that fails. You will be refunded _either the $ amount we are refunded or BTC equivalent based on rates from the day the funds hit our CC or bank acct_ according to your choice.

I'd like to get this going fast, so please leave your thoughts in this thread or PM me!

Thanks

E
eabedry

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:34:46 AM

Can you elaborate on the $0.00/kwh electricity cost? Is the 3% intended to cover the costs of electricity?
E (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:24:06 AM

Can you elaborate on the $0.00/kwh electricity cost? Is the 3% intended to cover the costs of electricity?

Our electrical supply is billed flat-rate as part of our lease. The 3% is intended to cover our time getting this set up and maintaining it Smiley 3% of 14/16ths of a fully populated kit is only 10.5GH/s, so we're not doing this to get rich Wink
fauzi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:41:52 AM

Interested. Can you show us proof that you have purchased Bitfury started kit?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: