Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best solution to reduce spam in the forum  (Read 253 times)
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:44:58 PM

yep  u made a good point 
but  the merit system is also getting abused 
people are  begging  for merit ( directly or indirectly )  like in other forum ppl are asking for up votes  and likes

that mean its the way ppl use those system  that define if it will be a bless or just another pain in the ass

True, but unlike in other forums the direct or indirect asking for up votes, likes and +reps are tolerated and is not frowned up. In our case here on the forum, there are DT members that can place a tag on you for doing so. Effectively ruining your account even if you have shit tons of merit. If you have a red trust rating with a billion merit, it will not matter since you were already tagged as someone who openly begs for merit.

That is not the case in other forums. You can beg as much as you want for votes, likes and +reps but no one will take action against you unless it would be from the mods or admins. In this forum, the community itself can do it even without the intervention of the mods and admins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:06:10 AM

yep  u made a good point 
but  the merit system is also getting abused 
people are  begging  for merit ( directly or indirectly )  like in other forum ppl are asking for up votes  and likes

that mean its the way ppl use those system  that define if it will be a bless or just another pain in the ass

True, but unlike in other forums the direct or indirect asking for up votes, likes and +reps are tolerated and is not frowned up. In our case here on the forum, there are DT members that can place a tag on you for doing so. Effectively ruining your account even if you have shit tons of merit. If you have a red trust rating with a billion merit, it will not matter since you were already tagged as someone who openly begs for merit.

That is not the case in other forums. You can beg as much as you want for votes, likes and +reps but no one will take action against you unless it would be from the mods or admins. In this forum, the community itself can do it even without the intervention of the mods and admins.

Well  but  u are here  talking about the people that miss used the up vote system   not about the benefit  of  that system 

We can simply add the up vote  so he make it easy  to ppl to see good posts that  have chance to get merits   

And those who miss use it and beg for up votes will get the same treatment as  merits  beggars

Cheesy
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:34:49 AM

that is kind of joke  Grin ?    how can  the  "report to moderator"  button  be more effective than the thumps up button ?

Why is it a joke? 'thump' means to strike or punch. Striking a post means hitting it, or reporting it to a moderator.

He wanted to say "thumbs up" like a like.

It's nt British - Thump definition from the Oxford dictionary
Hit or strike heavily, especially with the fist or a blunt implement.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/thump

He wrote "why bitcoin talk forum don't have a like button ( up vote ) ?", that's probably a typo. Grin

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Lunarics
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:35:30 AM

if you browse some of the posts  in bitcoin talk  u will notice lot of unnecessarily reply  to posts  or some people agree with the post owner   while other may just repeat  the

same existing replies   with a different style  ( some only copy past )  

and while the merit system  was created to solve that problem   he  kinda of failed  because  people still doing same posts  for an obvious reason  signature bounties

( some will say that merit was for rank  ..well  yes it is but  its kind of created a solution and problem in the rank system  )

so my main concern is why bitcoin talk forum don't have a like button ( up vote ) ?   that will solve lot of problems and reduce spam

Dear Jr. Member. You had to have to understand to offer with such a rank ideas as you and I have a useless! And for the future all who wants to write the idea lower than (Hero) don't waste time on it! All ideas will either be condemned or not heard! So spend your time studying other problems! On studying Economics in crypto world, read news .. In General learn! And leave the forum to adults how to regulate it. You must understand new ideas can come up the moderators admins they are not stupid people and understand it more
iillaa (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:34:57 PM

Dear Jr. Member. You had to have to understand to offer with such a rank ideas as you and I have a useless! And for the future all who wants to write the idea lower than (Hero) don't waste time on it! All ideas will either be condemned or not heard! So spend your time studying other problems! On studying Economics in crypto world, read news .. In General learn! And leave the forum to adults how to regulate it. You must understand new ideas can come up the moderators admins they are not stupid people and understand it more
dear friend  i hope you dont make what you say a general rule  being a newbie or jr member does not mean they are noobs  that only mean that they joined the forum just now !

bitcoin ≠ bitcoin talk forum 

and  for you saying  that only hero and above should post idea to improve the forum  i would like to reply  that  perhaps its true  but if we dont  make a post or a reply we the newbie and jr members complaining about something  they may never know that there is a problem 

and one more thing that should make us participate in the bitcoin talk community  is  that the forum is for everyone  for all the ranks    so feel free to post and share your thought  if it not against the rules

Cheesy
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:37:54 PM

Agree! they are different ones. however, the bitcointalk forum was designed for bitcoin discussion at its beginning before expanding to altcoin-related discussions and issues.
bitcoin ≠ bitcoin talk forum 
Agree, too. The guy shows wrong point. Everyone in the forum are treated equally and have the same rights to discuss, contribute to the forum discussions and developments.
and  for you saying  that only hero and above should post idea to improve the forum  i would like to reply  that  perhaps its true  but if we dont  make a post or a reply we the newbie and jr members complaining about something  they may never know that there is a problem 

Flyne d Coin Digger

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:47:28 PM

Best solution was your title and you are asking again for a proposal how to solve it?
I though your post was a solution seeking for approval only to see it's a line little above spam.

You should make up with a good statement before putting a thread, I do love to put thumb up here...
iillaa (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:31:50 PM

Best solution was your title and you are asking again for a proposal how to solve it?
I though your post was a solution seeking for approval only to see it's a line little above spam.

You should make up with a good statement before putting a thread, I do love to put thumb up here...

yes my point of view for reducing the spam is an up vote button ( with some explanation in the previous posts )    but again i wanted to make it an open discussion

where lot of ppl give there opinions about what i propose and also give other solution     

we  all have different  point of views  thus i encourage you to join the discussion and share with us your idea on how we can reduce the spam   Cheesy

Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: