Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NASDAQ - Bitcoin Futures - WOW!  (Read 543 times)
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:04:46 AM

Futures would make the Bitcoin price much easier to manipulate.  One major banking institution or other wealthy group could manipulate BTC users in pretty much any way that they want.

Since BTC has less of a clear value than most other stocks and assets, it means that investors could be manipulated to push the price as high (or as low) as they want.

However, I suppose that introduction to a more mainstream and regulated audience could be helpful, as it could theoretically free us from the emotionally unstable investors we have now.

I am afraid I have to agree with that view. Note what is happening on gold markets: they are not trading physical gold, but rather the gold derivative market transacts every day many many multitudes of the value of all physical gold in existence  and in effect  the banksters are able to withhold the price of gold to artificially low levels.

The same is happening to silver markets, they have been trading derivatives and future contracts until one day Warren Buffet said: ok, I don't want the contract to be rebought, rather, please provide me with physical silver that the contract is for. And he became the owner of majority of silver on the planet Smiley I am writing from memory, but the story goes something like that.

The same MAY happen to bitcoin: if they start trading the derivatives and NOT real bitcoin, they may keep the price to whatever level they want it to be. 

This is a real danger I am seeing.

bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:10:33 AM

Futures would make the Bitcoin price much easier to manipulate.  One major banking institution or other wealthy group could manipulate BTC users in pretty much any way that they want.

Since BTC has less of a clear value than most other stocks and assets, it means that investors could be manipulated to push the price as high (or as low) as they want.

However, I suppose that introduction to a more mainstream and regulated audience could be helpful, as it could theoretically free us from the emotionally unstable investors we have now.

I am afraid I have to agree with that view. Note what is happening on gold markets: they are not trading physical gold, but rather the gold derivative market transacts every day many many multitudes of the value of all physical gold in existence  and in effect  the banksters are able to withhold the price of gold to artificially low levels.

The same is happening to silver markets, they have been trading derivatives and future contracts until one day Warren Buffet said: ok, I don't want the contract to be rebought, rather, please provide me with physical silver that the contract is for. And he became the owner of majority of silver on the planet Smiley I am writing from memory, but the story goes something like that.

The same MAY happen to bitcoin: if they start trading the derivatives and NOT real bitcoin, they may keep the price to whatever level they want it to be. 

This is a real danger I am seeing.

paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:27:19 AM

i agree with the poster above, this news is a great news in one way, on the other side of the coin market will be manipulated even more on their will.
This news is good only for whales, for small investors this is actually a crap news.. i don't know how i feel about this.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:37:58 AM

wow! i did not see that coming.
and checking the internet the news seems to have come out yesterday around the time price drop started! it is pretty strange because normally you see a big ass rise when a news like this comes out. and it is a great news for bitcoin.

i would love to hear from Jaime Dimon (the JP Morgan CEO who called bitcoin fraud) these days though Cheesy

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:57:32 AM

WOW! I thought that would be maby in like 2025.

Really great news for BTC, after adding we will see a huge increase of BTC  Smiley

Furthermore if the NASDAQ adds BTC futures, other SE will follow  Smiley

[could be your ad]
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:25:24 AM

Big players/Big Whales/Big Business/Big Investors or whatever you can call it, they will enter here and they will be part of our competition, we will now have a harder battle to fight because of these people, yeah agreed that may be able to increase the price of Bitcoin, in the same way they can also decrease the price of it a.k.a manipulate it, which means the loosing side here is the small investors and small holders of bitcoin a.k.a all of us.

Manipulation is a very old practice in all major stock exchanges. Most are done under cover as there are legal bindings and policies to follow. But that doesn't mean that stock market has gone out of the hand of small investors. Small investors are the backbone of any stock exchange and any exchange can't survive with only institutional investors.

Yes, there will be manipulation in the bitcoin price if these institutional investors start investing in crypto market. The competition will be harder than what we are facing now. But the investors will be  benefited in long term.

Also do not forget that, the entry of institutional investors will help us to get the legal status around the world. Our lobby will become stronger than ever. While many banks are opposing the bitcoin, we will have the power to counter them.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:32:08 AM

Wow. This is the good thing about competition. No one wants to be left behind. We should see more companies offering such a service in the near future.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:01:27 PM

Well, CME's move seems to attract other Wall Street investors, and now money is pouring in from left to right. The move has definitely encouraged other institutional investors to study about the potential profits they could get on including bitcoin in their assets. Smart move, and with the addition of institutional investor's money on the said coin, this would further cause a big boom in price in the near future.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: