Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex is Holding My Funds - Support Not Answering - Bittrex SCAM  (Read 816 times)
ltcifc (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:11:40 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 02:25:39 PM by ltcifc

I will try to make this short, cos nobody have time for boring posts.
Im daily trader, trading crypto since 2013. Probably used all exchanges, but never Bittrex( thats before Aug 1st)
I had accoount on Bittrex, not sure when i open it, but never got any funds.
Couple of weeks ago i got email from Bittrex with login information to my account from IP that i didnt recognized.
I didnt have 2fa enabled, so I clicked the link in my acc. and disable it. After that i enable 2fa, changed password and send
ticket to support and asked if there is anything else that i can do. No answer, but website states that account will be disabled for
at least 24hours after contacting support. Great, np, i had no funds, so OK. Life goes on.

Last week, fork was happening and since my funds were in Poloniex, and they didnt say anything about matching BTC with BCC,
I decided to transfer my funds, 2.77BTC, to Bittrex. And that's what i did.
Fork happened, got matched with 2.77BCC, and went out for biz(doesn't matter)
When i got back home, BTC-BCC trading already started, so i was pissed off that i didnt catch the wave from bottom,
but price was still great to buy, 0.12, with LOTS of volume. It was already late, so i decided to go all in with my funds and go to sleep.
I setup everything, went allin with 2.77BTC, clicked confirm, and guess what?Huh ACCOUNT DISABLED. WTF???
Than it hit me that couple of weeks ago i dissable it and its not enabled yet. FUCK. Whatever, i went to sleep.
When i wake up, BCC was 0.4, x3+ from my wanted trade. Fuck it, lost 6-7btc. At least i was left with 2.77BCC that i was matched.
I decided to sell them at $1000, setup everything, clicked confirm and yes, ACCOUNT DISABLED.
Account is still disabled, my funds are locked, support is not answering. I also tried contacting Richiela on Twitter, LinkedIn and its
same as support, NO ANSWER. For the past 5-6 days im writing to support and they are ignoring me.
If anybody have any info on how to contact Bittrex or how to resolve this, it would be much appreciated.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ltcifc (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:19:33 PM

mgroenouwe

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:04:15 PM

I'm in the same situation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663636.msg20668106#msg20668106
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:29:20 PM

This looks quite common these days they are asking for verification even if your funds are greater than $1000 but in their faq page they have mentioned even a basic accounts which only requires some of your information can withdraw upto 3 BTC. https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/215282838-Frequently-asked-questions-about-account-verification

This is quite confusing, they have also mentioned above limitation is only if you have enabled 2fa verification. Actually I have enabled 2fa there and my account is basic verified so hope I will not face the same problem ahead.

chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 10:27:36 PM

Im daily trader, trading crypto since 2013. Probably used all exchanges, but never Bittrex( thats before Aug 1st)
Couple of weeks ago i got email from Bittrex with login information to my account from IP that i didnt recognized.
I didnt have 2fa enabled, so I clicked the link in my acc. and disable it. After that i enable 2fa, changed password and send
ticket to support and asked if there is anything else that i can do. No answer, but website states that account will be disabled for
at least 24hours after contacting support. Great, np, i had no funds, so OK. Life goes on.

Last week, fork was happening and since my funds were in Poloniex, and they didnt say anything about matching BTC with BCC,
When i got back home, BTC-BCC trading already started, so i was pissed off that i didnt catch the wave from bottom,
but price was still great to buy, 0.12, with LOTS of volume. It was already late, so i decided to go all in with my funds and go to sleep.
I setup everything, went allin with 2.77BTC, clicked confirm, and guess what?Huh ACCOUNT DISABLED. WTF???
Than it hit me that couple of weeks ago i dissable it and its not enabled yet. FUCK. Whatever, i went to sleep.
When i wake up, BCC was 0.4, x3+ from my wanted trade. Fuck it, lost 6-7btc. At least i was left with 2.77BCC that i was matched.
I decided to sell them at $1000, setup everything, clicked confirm and yes, ACCOUNT DISABLED.
Account is still disabled, my funds are locked, support is not answering. I also tried contacting Richiela on Twitter, LinkedIn and its
same as support, NO ANSWER. For the past 5-6 days im writing to support and they are ignoring me.
If anybody have any info on how to contact Bittrex or how to resolve this, it would be much appreciated.

I apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

There are many reasons why an account can be locked without notice. Examples include, but are not limited to, abusive API usage, suspicious activity such as logging in from a different ip range on a dormant account, or knowingly or unknowingly participating in illegal trades, and in rare cases accounts are disabled when we see a suspicious deposit.

We understand the value of privacy and the concern this may cause you. We treat your information with a high level of care and respect.

Unfortunately, when suspicious activity occurs on an account, we have a legal duty to both investigate and know the identity of the user. This is especially the case if your account is a legacy account.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
ltcifc (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:43:57 AM

I apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

There are many reasons why an account can be locked without notice. Examples include, but are not limited to, abusive API usage, suspicious activity such as logging in from a different ip range on a dormant account, or knowingly or unknowingly participating in illegal trades, and in rare cases accounts are disabled when we see a suspicious deposit.

We understand the value of privacy and the concern this may cause you. We treat your information with a high level of care and respect.

Unfortunately, when suspicious activity occurs on an account, we have a legal duty to both investigate and know the identity of the user. This is especially the case if your account is a legacy account.

The only thing that matter is that i lost a lot of money cos of very very slow support. And if i didnt start writing this posts here, reddit, twitter, linkedin,bbb,.... im 100% sure that i would still be waiting for answer. You locked my funds when i was about to trade BTC_BCC, massive opportunity. This is not my fault, since i provided all documents and info that proves the ownership of the account. It would only take one very lazy person couple of minutes to figure this out, and you replay after 6 DAYS.
You can apologize and write BS explanaions why this happened as much as you want, but nobody is going to give me my money back.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:46:15 AM

You haven't completely any sort of verification on their site have you?

Bittrex is known to basically suspend any accounts that have more than $1,000 in their account balance in total, that has not been verified. I'm pretty sure that this has been confirmed by their official support team. Sometimes i store a bit more than that and i seem to be fine, so maybe there are more variables than just the account balance alone. But you get the point.

Contact their support, at least their support is somewhat better than poloniex's. Hopefully they respond and unlock your account.

If they do unlock your account then withdraw your money straightaway. Try to negotiate with them to get your BCC profits back but unfortunately i don't think they will listen because of terms and conditions stating that they will not be held liable by you and software is provided as is etc.

Take this as a lesson - it's better to store BTC offline in a cold storage in a case of a fork, even if it means losing out on a few hundred bucks profit.

ltcifc (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:27:45 PM

You haven't completely any sort of verification on their site have you?

Bittrex is known to basically suspend any accounts that have more than $1,000 in their account balance in total, that has not been verified. I'm pretty sure that this has been confirmed by their official support team. Sometimes i store a bit more than that and i seem to be fine, so maybe there are more variables than just the account balance alone. But you get the point.

Contact their support, at least their support is somewhat better than poloniex's. Hopefully they respond and unlock your account.

If they do unlock your account then withdraw your money straightaway. Try to negotiate with them to get your BCC profits back but unfortunately i don't think they will listen because of terms and conditions stating that they will not be held liable by you and software is provided as is etc.

Take this as a lesson - it's better to store BTC offline in a cold storage in a case of a fork, even if it means losing out on a few hundred bucks profit.
Take this as a lesson - don't post until you know what you are saying. You are talking about something completly different.
Kilpi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:32:55 AM

Have you guys solved these issues and accounts enabled again ?
I have had disabled account now for 1 week  Cry
rapidleech

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:38:08 PM

welcome to bittrex scam club
take a look in ANN topic
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463202.1480

thousands users banned - disabled without reason more than 45 days

-----------

the bittrex Scammer Admin "julian" ban everyone who asking for his account in twitter
after banning in slack & blocking my money since 35 days ago

https://bittrexfact.world/
rapidleech

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:43:41 PM

richiela (Bittrex admin - topic starter) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=96390

ryan (Bittrex admin) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=171880

julian (CEO) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=332203

Leave negative feedback for these thieves
they blocked thousands of accounts since 50 days ago & not givin a single response to tickets
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:37:03 AM

this is a big surprise to a very many user exchangers in it .. is there any reasonable explanation from them? because I see very many users that they delete or close ?

there are so many funds in it .. I hope this they can solve peacefully without having to hurt anyone...
rapidleech

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:15:25 PM

its done
we lost our funds

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: