Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Coinbase hands over data to IRS  (Read 694 times)
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:57:58 AM

https://www.neowin.net/news/coinbase-required-to-turn-over-user-data-to-irs

Warned ya.. a million times.

Enjoy your decentralized currency crap Investards  Cheesy

This is so stupid.

Why does every 15 year old retard in Crypto think that everyone is trying to avoid capital gains tax? Im serious. Its like people are legitimately shocked that in a market where you can make 10x returns a year, that some people don't have a problem paying ~15% on long term earnings.

This has to stem from so few people in the crypto space having any experience in the traditional investment sectors of the world. Hundreds of millions of people are paying capital gains tax yearly on meager ass 5% returns annually from stock gains.... Just the very idea of having access to something that will give me 1000% gains or even half of that in a year is absolutely astonishing. And it makes the meager tax percentage paid nothing in comparison.

I don't know about other countries. But in the U.S. the IRS is only as big of a boogey man as you make them. Considering the raw size of my investments, trying to claim gains via localbitcoins or some other cobbled together anonymous system is a joke. The ease of use alone for large values is worth the cost. And if you aren't moving anything but small values, you are probably over thinking your importance/value to the IRS by far.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: