Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:59:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are using nicehash?  (Read 2405 times)
sumrack

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:03:46 PM

its reliable, easy to use, hassle free and important for me, allows a decent and steady profit control and prediction. Tried different pools and miners in the past and stuck with both nhm legacy and nvidia version for my rigs since quite a while.
Yes you can make more profit by manually switching algos, optimizing configs and watching the market etc., been there.. i prefer the comfort option here and willing to accept lesser returns as trade off.

In the End it really depends on your setup and *crypto-personality*, whatever floats your boat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:07:37 PM

What is being discusses as the main topic?

Buying or selling hashpower?

*Buying. Well if someone want's new coins that are not on exchanges yet, and lack hardware, it is a good option.

Always doubt.
arnschwab

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:37:20 PM

Still, mining on your own is far better. You need to ready/study/try/fail, that gives you an experience that
you can later use to your advantage.
Using nicehash is easy, but other than earning a bit of btc it doesn't make your rich, doesn't give you experience.
Nicehash are enriching themselves because you pay some fees there.
marthor

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:37:56 PM

I find that NiceHash pays more in the end, and it's much easier to use.

Like most miners I started with NiceHash but switched to pool mining after a while. But after doing some comparisons, I found that NiceHash paid at least as much, if not more, and it paid in the currency I wanted -- Bitcoin.
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:59:26 PM

What is being discusses as the main topic?

Buying or selling hashpower?

*Buying. Well if someone want's new coins that are not on exchanges yet, and lack hardware, it is a good option.

* = the reason why I pointed my rigs at nicehash for some time during the first few days of ETN.  So many orders were being placed for cryptonight hash that it was impossible to stay away.
PotatoM12

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:04:04 PM

Nicehash is easymode. Start program to mine and get paid in btc.
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:08:34 PM

Like most miners I started with NiceHash but switched to pool mining after a while. But after doing some comparisons, I found that NiceHash paid at least as much, if not more, and it paid in the currency I wanted -- Bitcoin.

I am on nicehash this week since the bitcoin outpaced anything else. I have found that mining other pools can be far more unreliable and confusing. I did not make as much money mining XMR last week as I am making on nicehash this week. For example it sucks when you are stuck trying to find a block after 2 days and getting capped at max effort and then...blaaa blaaah... convert to bitcoin in the end anyway. I found that some pools scam you and don't actually pay you what you mined so there are other risks as well in dealing with someone who is not as established.

I run all AMD so cryptonight works best for me. I will take any recommendations for good XMR or cryptonight based currencies that pay well.
dawidt

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:15:41 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 08:03:47 PM by dawidt

nicehash is easy to use but sometimes theoretically is more profitable. so using it is just simply and sometimes profitable. Smiley
marthor

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:44:09 PM

I am on nicehash this week since the bitcoin outpaced anything else. I have found that mining other pools can be far more unreliable and confusing. I did not make as much money mining XMR last week as I am making on nicehash this week. For example it sucks when you are stuck trying to find a block after 2 days and getting capped at max effort and then...blaaa blaaah... convert to bitcoin in the end anyway. I found that some pools scam you and don't actually pay you what you mined so there are other risks as well in dealing with someone who is not as established.

I run all AMD so cryptonight works best for me. I will take any recommendations for good XMR or cryptonight based currencies that pay well.

A lot of PPLNS-only pools can scam miners by claiming to have bad luck. NiceHash is pay per share, which means it's easy to verify that they are paying you properly. I always use pay per share pools if I can, even if the fees are slightly higher.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:48:28 PM

I use Nicehash because is super easy to setup and I always want to receive my payments in BTC whenever possible. I know how to mine directly in Equihash EBWF CUDA miner and also on Claymore 10.2 Dual Miner but I prefer Nicehash for the simple reason that I don't have to go through exchanges in order to exchange my Ethereum or Zcash for Bitcoin and paying several times the fees, fees for exchange and fees for withdrawal.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Mcgee46

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:11:46 PM

that's good to know
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:31:32 AM

Oh Boy, I'm starting to ask myself if I'm really Lazy, Lol Grin

Can't help, why do I end up using nicehash over other pools? Hmmmnnn..

One thing I know, I do realized, I get more profit, How did I do it? its a secret, lol,  and ohh, BTC reached an all time high..

that's how it is.. btw.. I don't mine ETH for a month now Grin

Your "secret" of autoconverting to BTC doesn't mean you got more just because BTC is high now. On the other hand if you had waited with selling alts for BTC... you could have made much more.

I haven't mined Eth since last July. There is/was always something much more profitable you just have spend the time looking for them.

So yeah, nicehash basically offers plug and play levels of ease of use at a pretty high convenience fee. Which, as jmigdlc99 said doesn't make much sense because most people are here for the ROI which it takes a huge bite out of.

Don't get me wrong dude, I don't use nicehash miner, I just used their pools, I have already done my calculations and it turn out that I do take more profits from it than holding alts and trade, its just suit in my requirement I guess.

Ferrorn

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:01:26 AM

I don't see where hashing sellers are really losing much. Nicehash's fees are maybe 1-2% higher than a normal pool but with nicehash you auto switch to the most profitable algo on the market. For instance when Electroneum launched recently it was extremely profitable to mine, and without having to know anything about it, deal with faulty pools or anything, I got extra profit on the spot for about three days that more than made up for their extra fee %.
naykos

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:41:24 AM

Do you mean the nicehash miner or the nicehash pool?
I use the pool because it is easier to just get paid in btc, even if they pay a little less, getting payed in other coin and then converting it to btc takes some fees anyways.
I don't use their miner to mine, but I do use their legacy miner to do benchmarks.
eleceng1979

Activity: 44
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:35:16 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 03:46:11 AM by eleceng1979

Funny how I just posted something like this in another thread...

Bottom line is I'm not lazy, I want convenience to transform electricity into a widely accepted form of currency the fastest way in order to achieve ROI.  Others can call it what they want, it doesn't bother me.  If pool miners would honestly document their time + fees + management of multiple wallets + blah blah blah and compare it to NH you might be surprised.  I made a killing with new forks pulling 2x my daily BTC reward...all while pools bent miners over...hmmm BTG launch for a recent example?  I made mad money on that fiasco for days while every pool but suprnova screwed 100% of all hashing power with 0 or little payouts...

I know they charge higher fees, I accept that fact because there is no free lunch.  I didn't go balls deep in mining to hodl a coin at $0.02 or ICO praying for liftoff to the moon.  I intend to get to ROI as fast as possible.  Once the business case makes good, then I can hobby mine some and hodl and play the long game.  I see my mining rig as a money pump and using my anology, the least amount of moving/complex parts to make that pump work is my objective.

I am mining with 7 x 1070 + 2 x 480 and pull in $25USD daily [@ current BTC price], 24 hour average paid directly in BTC...  all while mining all possible GPU based algorithms, with one program/setup all on the same rig.  4 more 570 on standby going live this week and plan for over $33 USD/day once live.  I hold 1 wallet, no exchange crap necessary and convert directly to gift cards to either buy more hardware, groceries or other living expenses.  My 13 gpu rig has much time invested to tweak to extract max hash per watt.  Just because I use NH doesn't mean I'm stupid and rock my shit at 100% TDP with default clocks... I can't speak for the other noobs though, lol.
ssmokeyy

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:44:25 AM

I know this is off subject but how do u turn bitcoin to your gift cards. I have been looking for ways to turn bitcoin to cash. Gemini seems like the way.  I was going to do debit cards but since the visa shit seems like all bitcoin debit cards do not work in the us.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:03:47 AM

i think only newbies who got attracted by the lucrative market of cryptocoins get involved in it and then after suffering a few losses they either quit nicehash or quit crytocurrencies.. nicehash basically profits from the low knowledge of investors and rips them of their money..
PontusLSE

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:30:57 AM

Funny how I just posted something like this in another thread...

Bottom line is I'm not lazy, I want convenience to transform electricity into a widely accepted form of currency the fastest way in order to achieve ROI.  Others can call it what they want, it doesn't bother me.  If pool miners would honestly document their time + fees + management of multiple wallets + blah blah blah and compare it to NH you might be surprised.  I made a killing with new forks pulling 2x my daily BTC reward...all while pools bent miners over...hmmm BTG launch for a recent example?  I made mad money on that fiasco for days while every pool but suprnova screwed 100% of all hashing power with 0 or little payouts...

I know they charge higher fees, I accept that fact because there is no free lunch.  I didn't go balls deep in mining to hodl a coin at $0.02 or ICO praying for liftoff to the moon.  I intend to get to ROI as fast as possible.  Once the business case makes good, then I can hobby mine some and hodl and play the long game.  I see my mining rig as a money pump and using my anology, the least amount of moving/complex parts to make that pump work is my objective.

I am mining with 7 x 1070 + 2 x 480 and pull in $25USD daily [@ current BTC price], 24 hour average paid directly in BTC...  all while mining all possible GPU based algorithms, with one program/setup all on the same rig.  4 more 570 on standby going live this week and plan for over $33 USD/day once live.  I hold 1 wallet, no exchange crap necessary and convert directly to gift cards to either buy more hardware, groceries or other living expenses.  My 13 gpu rig has much time invested to tweak to extract max hash per watt.  Just because I use NH doesn't mean I'm stupid and rock my shit at 100% TDP with default clocks... I can't speak for the other noobs though, lol.

I totally agree. NiceHash has been, by far, the most lucrative alternative for me as I have a day job and cant actively monitor the "altcoin market" and switch to whatever coin is most profitable at any given time.
jhon_rambo25

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:27:31 AM

Because they don't want to be complicated, don't have time to change coins manually or just nicehash their knowledge

crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:55:09 AM

I started out with NH like a lot of other newbies and switched to NHLM when it came out.

I have since switched to nvOC and was mining ZEN for a good while and holding.  Then sold when it hit $13 (yes I should have waited until it hit $26 for double the profit, but I pulled the trigger to soon).  At any rate, I still did well.

Since then, I have been locked in on mining ZEC exclusively and about once every week or two, I exchange my ZEC holdings for BTC.  I try to time it to when ZEC is peaking, but it can be tricky.

I have 7 rigs that between them have:

21x 1080Ti
9x 1070
3x 1070Ti
5x 1060 3GB
7x 1050Ti

I'm pulling in about 0.35 ZEC per day on average.

After reading this thread, I'm tempted to try NH again so see if I'd do better.  I know I'm missing out on profitable alts for short bursts when they happen, but as others have mentioned, I have a day job and don't have time to switch 7 rigs around to mine whatever is the most profitable at any given time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: