Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:39:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox Has Stollen My Money  (Read 1239 times)
s1acker (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:03:14 AM

I don't understand what the heck is going on at Mt Gox, but I tried to go through the claims process back on the 22nd and tried to recover my account and didn't know if it successfully processed because the webpage (on their crapy server) after submitting the alternative information froze and crashed. Now I cannot get the recover system to email me. 

I emailed them and got this response:

"Adam Yamaguchi, Jun-23 15:28 (JST):
Hello,
If you received this email, you claim will be reviewed.
Before 3:00 GMT on Friday June 24th you will receive an email from us advising that either
A) Your claim was successful and you can login to Mt.Gox once the site is up.
or,
B) We require more information to process and authorize your claim.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work to get everything back online.
Thanks,
MtGox.com Team"

I have not received that email to this day and my request was deemed solved.

I've tried to open a new claim and have not received a follow up.  All of their online systems that offer you the ability to give bad feed back are broken and surprisingly the good feedback links aren't.

From my experience I've concluded that Mt Gox has so far refused to help or assist me and therefore has stolen my money.

If you can go ANYWHERE else do it!!!  I was giving them a lot of slack but enough is enough.  I want my money back.

Please let me know if you have any advise or know of anything I can do.

Thanks in advance guys,
S1acker

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bboques

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:07:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up bud
DiamondPlus

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:37:20 AM

I've completely cleared my account with them.

Cya MtGox,
Smalleyster

Activity: 84

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 02:44:28 AM

What are the best alternatives?

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:45:18 AM

Go back to the claim page listed in the email you got after the first step where you entered your password. That should provide more information.

If you never got to the page where you submit additional info, restart the claim process.

Trade Hill is one (use the link in my sig for 10% discount on commission). Camp BX is also coming out soon. I don't trust the others.

Smalleyster

Activity: 84

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 03:07:19 AM

Go back to the claim page listed in the email you got after the first step where you entered your password. That should provide more information.

If you never got to the page where you submit additional info, restart the claim process.

Trade Hill is one (use the link in my sig for 10% discount on commission). Camp BX is also coming out soon. I don't trust the others.

Thank you, will try to make time tomorrow to check it out with your link.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Coaster

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:03:45 AM

MtGox got my money too.. Around $XXX worth.. horrible that they haven't communicated back with me yet either and I PM'd MagicalTux on this forum and yet no answer. Horrible that people like this can do something like that, however I'm contacting Dwolla and hopefully others who sent their money to them through Dwolla will contact too and cancel their accounts.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:06:55 AM

MtGox got my money too.. Around $XXX worth.. horrible that they haven't communicated back with me yet either and I PM'd MagicalTux on this forum and yet no answer. Horrible that people like this can do something like that, however I'm contacting Dwolla and hopefully others who sent their money to them through Dwolla will contact too and cancel their accounts.
Don't contact Dwolla, they can't do anything. Also, PMing MagicalTux won't work, since he never really checks his PMs.

Contact MagicalTux on IRC.

KenJackson

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:36:59 AM

I had just gone to their site to try to open an account on what must have been the day after the event. I've been watching them scramble ever since.

I hope they survive, satisfy their customers and thrive, but this kind of thing can a horrible confidence smasher.

I remember years ago my economics professor, who had previously managed a bank, reflecting that if you go to the grocery store and they're out of green peas, you'll just say, "Oh, they're out of peas."  But let a bank not have quite enough currency on hand to meet the needs of people cashing paychecks and there will be a panic and a run on the bank.

Like a bank, Mt. Gox has to live up to a higher standard to stay alive.
Dubs420

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:38:38 AM

I had a problem with a withdrawal to dwolla waited 4 days and never heard back from my support ticket so I Pm'd MTgox_Adam and he fixed my problem in about 5 minutes and I had my money 15 minutes later. I was a bit upset that I never got a response in a official capacity though my support ticket and that I had to resort to a PM on a totally different forum to get this fixed but they did fix the problem. Give it a shot worked for me.
DiamondPlus

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:09:36 AM

Sticking with Bitcoin7.
s1acker (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:32:21 PM

Mt Gox has finally gotten to my support desk request and fixed my account.  Only took 36 days or so.
thordain

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 10:47:51 PM

I'm in the same boat. I have a large amount of money in my account, but their emails kept saying "need more info". What did you to to get resolution? I'm not sure what the next steps are.
c00w

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 10:55:09 PM

I got $2000 out of them before the crash. Good luck.

1HEmzeuVEKxBQkEenysV1yM8oAddQ4o2TX
Kanti

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 10:59:34 PM

what are the pros and cons of trade hill vs bitcoin7?
cryptomint

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:50:01 PM

what are the pros and cons of trade hill vs bitcoin7?

TradeHill is the best to use right now IMO.

I just withdrew the <$100 left in my MtGox account and it took forever to hit my Dwolla account (days opposed to hours from TradeHill).

Don't leave large sums of money just sitting around without a purpose in ANY of these exchange sites.

Bitcoin7 is high on my "we gonna scam you" radar. Anyone praising them is probably a shill. When they first started they refused to recognize glaring security holes. That was enough for me to avoid them for life.
gazd3k

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:53:52 PM

Why do you go through Dwolla or whatever? Why not just buy bitcoins with all your money and transfer those?
s1acker (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:47:47 AM

Yup, I left my bitcoins in my Mt Gox account after they had resolved the issue and now my account no longer exists.  I went through used my previous username and email to setup a new account under MY previous username with their site that I had established previously and it let me continue and proceed and processed my request.

Seems like they straight deleted my profile out of either lack of use or whatever... I only had 2 bitcoins in last I knew, at least I'm not out big.  Anybody else get jipped by them?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: