Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I get the impression this forum turned bearish, contra indicator?  (Read 2200 times)
RationalSpeculator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:21:24 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 01:08:40 PM by RationalSpeculator

Is it just me projecting or do you also notice a big shift here? Only several weeks ago half of the forum was still openly bullish. Now I can barely find a bullish post. Sure the winkle ETF many like, but very few seem to think this will push up the price in the short term. Compare that to the chinese bitcoin documentary that was used by most that 'price will go up up up'.

I'm bearish myself but seeing so many agree I think chances become higher that it will actually go up the coming weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omgitsmehehe

Activity: 580
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:23:53 AM

Yup, most people who post here in speculation and talk the talk now have shit running down the side of their legs.

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:24:04 AM

Is it just me projecting or do you also notice a big shift here? Only a few weeks ago half of the forum was still bullish. Now I can barely find a bullish post. Sure the winkle ETF many like, but none seem to think this will push up the price in the short term. Compare that to the chinese bitcoin documentary that was used by many that 'price will go up up up'.

I'm bearish myself but I get scared seeing so many agree.
short term we are going down, but hey look at the bright side just stash your coins and come back in two years...
marvinrouge

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:26:26 AM

If we are all bearish, maybe we are all out.

So the price can't decline anymore.

BUY BUY BUY !!!  Grin
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:28:49 AM

During the bubble, at what point did the forum sentiment turn bullish and how long did it last? Just like indicators moving to overbought/oversold confirm a trending phase, so does sentiment and it can last a longer time.

That's apart from my impression that I still see lots of bulls, they're just very quiet lately.
RationalSpeculator (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

BUY BUY BUY !!!  Grin

lol Smiley that would certainly explain why price goes up after everyone turns bearish
RationalSpeculator (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:37:58 AM

During the bubble, at what point did the forum sentiment turn bullish and how long did it last? Just like indicators moving to overbought/oversold confirm a trending phase, so does sentiment and it can last a longer time.

That's apart from my impression that I still see lots of bulls, they're just very quiet lately.

Thanks for your validation. I agree the bearish trend can continue. Many times the masses are right too. The shift is remarkable though.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:39:56 AM

BUY BUY BUY !!!  Grin

lol Smiley that would certainly explain why price goes up after everyone turns bearish

Aha, indeed, this is the secret of market turning points.

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:26:21 PM

Yes, it is a contra indicator, but long-term. I think there needs to be a little more blood shed before you can really call a bottom based on sentiment (i.e. "once EVERYONE agrees it's going down, it will start going up again.")

Right now a lot of people are still hoping for a sudden trend reversal.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:47:33 PM

BitcoinAshley converted to double digitism? Shocked
Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:21:37 PM

Forum sentiment for the most part just follows the trend. Right now trend is down so bears rule. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:28:43 PM

Forum sentiment for the most part just follows the trend. Right now trend is down so bears rule. I wouldn't read too much into it.

yes, it's a lagging indicator.
Price goes down...dozens of bears appear and spam the forum.
Price goes up...suddenly bulls everywhere.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:27:41 PM

Yep. +1
Even this one is a bullish thread.
Hope isn't dead yet. Not enough for a reversal.  Sad

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:55:30 PM

I've never[1] identified as either bull or bear. In fact, I entirely avoid thinking in those terms when I perform the analysis that precedes my trading decisions. Practically, I concentrate completely on the short (a day or two) to short/medium term (a week, max), and it's working quite well for me so far. As a result, I have no qualified opinion on whether we're going down to 25, or the deflation/correction stops at 79. Which obviously makes it kind of hard to say whether you're a bull or a bear.

That said, if you would have asked me in, say, late May where I would speculate the 2013 bottom to be, I probably would have responded with a substantially higher value than I would answer with now. That's kind of bearish, I suppose.

[1]"never" is kind of a big word, I've only been around here since, surprise!, April.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:25:15 PM

As a bull I must say it sure is rainy these days.. However, because I'm a long-term bull I'm already moving fiat to Bitstamp and expect to buy cheap coins during the next weeks. I will panic buy at 50$ but because everyone thinks so I'm probably going to start buying at 70$. Last time I bought BTC the price just got to 30$ and it made me a nice profit in the next months especially because I gradually spent the coins on pills...I mean vitamins instead of holding them.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:46:16 PM

BitcoinAshley converted to double digitism? Shocked

I've been talking the talk for a while, yes, but my trading position has been bearish for the last month, and recently mega-bear. I am committed to making money whether price is going down or up, and right now that means being mostly in fiat, as much as I hate fiat. Can't argue with reality.

With movement like this, it's not hard to call short-term bottoms and tops, and if you guess wrong, you just have to wait a week and you're right again.
Ultraviolet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:48:11 PM

You'd have to be retarded to be short-term bearish right now. Weeks of negligible trading volume coupled with long periods of no green candles and any mini-rally that tries to start getting killed by a dump is absolutely not bullish.

Bitcoin needs new money to come to the market. Failing that, $200 will never, ever be seen again, and neither will $150. If it's as bad as it looks right now, $100 won't be seen for a long period of time either.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:21:44 PM

Is it just me projecting or do you also notice a big shift here? Only several weeks ago half of the forum was still openly bullish. Now I can barely find a bullish post. Sure the winkle ETF many like, but very few seem to think this will push up the price in the short term. Compare that to the chinese bitcoin documentary that was used by most that 'price will go up up up'.

I'm bearish myself but seeing so many agree I think chances become higher that it will actually go up the coming weeks.

Here is how it works. When the price is going up the people on this forum are bullish, when the price is going down, people are bearish.

It's as simple as that. Nobody here ever makes a prediction worth a damn.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:49:36 PM

Really? I'm sure you just have bookmarked the wrong forum members.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:04:17 PM

I still see bulls. But I think they tend to quiet down a bit as the price continues to drop despite their positions. I still see Jozzaboy and ShroomsKit around.  Smiley

Really? I'm sure you just have bookmarked the wrong forum members.

This!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: