Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:04:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE of MEW SCAM, DO NOT be fooled.  (Read 980 times)
deadshot21

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:45:37 PM

all these scams are really tiring, transfer cryptocurrency becomes a real obstacle course!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:03:01 PM

Thank you for the warning. These phishing attacks are spreading like a plague. Original MEW has currently the big red warning on top saying "DON'T GET PHISHED 🎣 1. BOOKMARK MYETHERWALLET.COM RIGHT NOW 2. INSTALL EAL or MetaMask." and this is probably the reason for it.
Also, there's a quick crash course about blockchain and cryptos when you open MEW. They warn the users about security in details and they also advice to use a hardware wallet because in that case you don't have to compromise your private key just let the hardware wallet do the signature part and you are safe.
Using bookmarked pages of MEW and e.g. a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor will let you worry less about your hard earned coins
kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:05:52 PM

They have notifications in their website be sure not to open any email add that hackers needs to grab your tokens. don't give your private keys coz it will harm your MEW.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:15:41 PM

MEW has taken an extra step to warn users about these phishing attempts and some of the features you need to look for to ensure you are on the right website. You could also bookmark the legit site to avoid falling for such and thanks for the heads up.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:19:15 PM

I was once the victim, when I realized I had immediately transferred all my tokens to another MEW. I do not want to take risks, and stay cautious with links given people you do not know.
patapon49

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

thanks for the information, it's amazing to have to be wary of everything
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:38:59 AM

Thank you for the warning. These phishing attacks are spreading like a plague. Original MEW has currently the big red warning on top saying "DON'T GET PHISHED 🎣 1. BOOKMARK MYETHERWALLET.COM RIGHT NOW 2. INSTALL EAL or MetaMask." and this is probably the reason for it.
Also, there's a quick crash course about blockchain and cryptos when you open MEW. They warn the users about security in details and they also advice to use a hardware wallet because in that case you don't have to compromise your private key just let the hardware wallet do the signature part and you are safe.
Using bookmarked pages of MEW and e.g. a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor will let you worry less about your hard earned coins

That quick crash course is a big help because that would warn the people when accessing the site. There are so many phishing attempts nowadays and I receive it in e-mail everyday. They are automatically in my spam folder anyway and the best way to access the sites is by bookmarking it and never click any links sent to you. Most of the victim of it are the newbies who will just easily believe anything they read so for us who already know what kind of things those scammers do, we should warn others as much as we can.

traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

thank you for this info. I heard from my friend that many hackers want to attack MEW and stolen the tokens inside the account. we need to take attention for this especially if we have many tokens in our account. but I am sure that MEW will secure the site and protect their customer so the customer doesn't have too worried about this. but we need to be careful with this.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:47:33 AM

Always check the url if its correct or not. Mew always maling advice to thier users to check always the  url.
The exact address should be myetherwallet.com  and nothing else .
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:11:11 AM

Thanks for sharing, that dot under e is really hard to spot, first i didn't notice it because i thought it was dust or something on my monitor.
Sneaky one I have to admit.
With all these warnings I am surprised that people still click on links which they get in slack or email.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:17:48 PM

Thanks for sharing this information. It is worrisome how people's wallets are being targets by these hackers. Everyone just have to be careful.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:48:18 PM

OP you are describing phishers into hackers, their descriptions aren't the same. MEW is the victim, the real MEW and these phishers are too smart enough to replace lower case "L" into uppercase 'i' to make it look like myetherwaIIet.

When you'll type capital 'i' on browsers like google chrome it will be like lower case of "L".

I see how some people may fall for it.
However, that warning message on the phishing page could never have fooled me.

Everyone must be aware of what's the difference of the phishing link and to the real MEW, just bookmark it.
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

yes so many phishing sites
that want to take your Private key.
Just bookmark the main MEW site.
so you can be safe bro.
and check the spelling and the
green bar at the Address bar .
that says "Secured"

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 12:59:30 AM

you can download MetaMask to safe your money..
MetaMask is an extension of Google Chrome, you can easily to trading in EtherDelta with MetaMask
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:03:34 AM

I thought I could never be fooled by a phishing page, but today i came across something that was almost fatal for me.
Someone posted a news on a telegram channel that was somehow coming from cointelegraph, saying that MEW had a new vulnerability which hackers could take advantage of, at first view one wouldn't tell it's a scam, especially me with a dusty laptop monitor, the l from the link was with a dot under it, also the link for MEW from that post had a dot under the e letter.

Here is a screenshot of the scam, be careful and pay very good attention to the link, it even has ssl certificate https.

what the F.... Even me, i can't say that, that site is a pishing site ....These hackers/pishers are getting good all the time every one should be warned by these. They're good i can tell but why do bad things such scam? why not use their knowledge to help people...
I saw a lot of pishing site, but these one really catch my attention, we better don't let our guard down to avoid such misfurtune or been victimize by these.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:09:52 AM

Even In Google Search Engines. they Give you a Phishing site of MEW. and EtherDelta.
they are so Desperate to Get you Private KEy

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:43:00 AM

Even In Google Search Engines. they Give you a Phishing site of MEW. and EtherDelta.
they are so Desperate to Get you Private KEy

That's very alarming. Good thing that I'm a lazy person that don't want to type and research sites again and again that I always use so I put a bookmark on it. So much money are pouring in crypto so we need to be extremely careful
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:10:05 AM

now a lot of spam through Slack
they talk like ICO developers who advise us to add new tokens to MEW ..
but without realizing that the link is phishing
hotimbineh

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:11:25 AM

Thank you for posting a very valuable experience for us now, many phishing sites and spam sites through media accounts and messages in bitcointalk and this discussion is very useful for us to share.

numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:14:26 AM

that phishing site was really alarming, its hard to notice that it is even a phishing site, small different on the original MEW, that why we should bookmark for safety.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: