Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8388 times)
Oliver A

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:20:38 AM

Great Cheesy

I would like to see if they accept bitcoin in their business.
I just wonder how they advertise their products like

Todays Offer
Buy Burger at Just for 1 BTC

LOLz   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Feelgirls

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:25:05 AM

very interesting new  Smiley
but soon they may be will create MCtoken, and this token will compete with bitcoin  Roll Eyes
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 07:28:14 AM

All the news i have read from crypto daily seem fake to me. I wouldnt trust that website
Me too, a Lot Rumors has coming and in the past Amazon is accepting Bitcoin and opening Blockchain, but nothing has happened. I won't trust until they start accepting in real life and also the fee is too high than a breakfast so MC Donald have to give food for free.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:32:23 AM

yes in some countries bitcoin will be legal and it will be used for each and every transaction insturd of the money by 2018 the McDonalds  will will give the option of paying the bill useing the bitcoin
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:13:08 AM

It is kinda hard to digest this news. Because of all things going around right now, such as :
1. The fees of transaction. It is quite high right now if compared to your meal price at mc donald.
2. The transaction time. To make it fast, you need to pay more fees then.
In my opinion, bitcoin transaction is better for a big transaction for now. But i do hope for someday that bitcoin can be used in everyday transaction like this.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 08:39:40 AM

If this will really happen then it is good to the bitcoin community because bitcoin will be more popular and more people will be aware of it thus an additional demand to the coin BUT along with the increase in price would be the increase in transaction fee as well and since you want to pay fast then you might want to choose a high transaction fee to get through your payment faster which may end up more expensive than the actual food you pay for. This is the problem of bitcoin right now, high transaction fee and slow confirmation time that's why there would be a problem if ever McDonalds accept payment in bitcoin or maybe they would create their own coin then like the Whoopercoin?

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:42:17 AM

It is kinda hard to digest this news. Because of all things going around right now, such as :
1. The fees of transaction. It is quite high right now if compared to your meal price at mc donald.
2. The transaction time. To make it fast, you need to pay more fees then.
In my opinion, bitcoin transaction is better for a big transaction for now. But i do hope for someday that bitcoin can be used in everyday transaction like this.

There is no doubt that with the constant growth of bitcoin the netowrk has to be adjusted, with every price rise a lot of people are flooding into the bitcoin netowrk, and this requires the developers to work in order to make the netowrk more stable and faster, because obviously in the future more will come, and i am pretty sure that MacDonald as being a commapny that alaways supported new ways to pay is not the only one who is going to start aceepting bitcoin, many have seen what bitcoin is capable to reach and they are all wanting to get profit from its massive success, so we will defiently hear mora nd more news about big commpanies investing in bitcoin.
Chekitan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:44:25 AM

Well that can be possible but there's still a long time before all this is implemented as 2018 is just around the corner and there's no news of such things being implemented
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:50:02 AM

The idea is great but i think time of transaction is not good in fast foodchain because it takes more than an hour to confirm the transaction and i think if people are ready hungry they do not wait for such time before to serve and eat their order that is why cash is much prefer in this kind of business.
Yazrielle

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:50:54 AM

That's a great news its the fact that bitcoin is slowly accepting the society and become popular but the problem is the fees you need to pay to every transaction you do. We are aware that the bitcoin's transaction fee is big,it's just like the price your going to buy.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:55:05 AM

Wow its a good idea for all of us especially my kids their favorite fast food chain it was easy for us even though we have no cash atleast we have btc in our wallets.It is possible to implement now because bitcoin was very indemand now in every country.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:59:48 AM

Well, that is a welcome development of the bitcoin community and all the bitcoiners as well. Bitcoin is finally going mainstream after all, i mean the actual mainstream for real Grin When McDonalds implements bitcoin as a payment option, man we are going shopping. The value of bitcoin will keep getting higher and higher everyday because of such great news.  
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:14:44 AM

That is good. maybe i can order some food with 0.000xx btc i have.
it would be great if it happened, because I am sure, many companies will follow this if it really develops. moreover this is free advertising.

I thought also this is good improve of bitcoin world in real life. Mc Donald such kind of big company and its very good news can make bitcoin price increase.

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:26:14 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 09:36:50 AM by marcbitcoins

That is good. maybe i can order some food with 0.000xx btc i have.
it would be great if it happened, because I am sure, many companies will follow this if it really develops. moreover this is free advertising.

But i think we should considered the block chain transaction fees too if we going to buy meal only for ourselves therefore in order to  satisfy the minimum transaction fees we should buy in bulks order and thru birthday party event or else the single meal will become more expensive. Anyway, this is another great achievement for bitcoin in which we have now the option to pay in bitcoin or fiat everytime we going to eat in fastfood chain. Smiley
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

If i could order my meal with another coin with next to nothing fees then maybe i would but right now bitcoin should be saved and traded on the dips, surely if you have btc you have enough dollars or euros to get a happy meal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:43:16 AM

Mcbitcoin is quite awesome. I think Mcdonalds is the leading fast food chain in the world because of its worldwide branches and they are also updated on technologies and can adopt if ever this bitcoin payment is officially endorsed by the said food chain.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:23:15 PM

Good news. McDonalds is the extremely popular fast-food restaurant, and it will be very good for Bitcoin. Watching like other guys pay for their food with BTC, those who do not know about crypto might be interested in it and start buying Bitcoin also.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:26:18 PM

wow it's good Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy because now we can buy mcdonalds food easily because we can use bitcoin to buy. thank you for this mcdonalds. i love mcdonald.
cryptoroom

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:27:06 PM

It is high time for them to come up with their own token. MacCoin
CryptoParadigm

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:29:34 PM

Not Bitcoin because too slow and expensive for the fastest fast food... perhaps Litecoin or such!

Expensive? Yes. Slow? Doesn't matter. Merchants accept Bitcoin through third party payment processors, and for amounts below $50 they (assuming you add an appropriate network fee) will not require you to wait for confirmations. In easy terms, the only bother are the fees people have to pay, which in this case would make it not worth to use it for small purchases. If you look at the average amount people spend in McDonalds, it's around $10. If you include appropriate network fees, you'll pay like $10 for the food, and $5 in transaction fees. At least, there is not much to worry about since McDonalds isn't accepting Bitcoin. Smiley
Well said who would pay such fees, but on higher point thanks for clearing the fact that there are services to make BCT flash fast... on that note say goodbye to McDonald when it comes to BCT.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: