Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So the question is  (Read 800 times)
PeterTheGrape (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:57:23 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 03:40:25 PM by PeterTheGrape

Where does the mayor of an impoverished city with a drug problem get tens of thousands of dollars to pay hitmen?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/rodrigo-duterte-accused-paying-police-kill-170220062118472.html

Why would he pay decades worth of his own salary to have opponents of the Davao Magkantot Unggoy Cartel killed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:10:46 PM

I didn't hear the question, but the answer is... the money... it's always about money

Corrupt politicians don't want competition from corrupt gangs... that's their job
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8008

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:16:16 PM

I didn't hear the question, but the answer is... the money... it's always about money

Corrupt politicians don't want competition from corrupt gangs... that's their job

+$1  Smiley

Also, it's certainly not his money which makes it easier to spend.
proprofi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:32:56 PM

...its all about the money
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:51:53 AM

Ideology plays a part in this as well as greed. While I'm certain there is financial motivation at the end of this path, there is a certain zeal to the killing of these poor addicts that speaks of a mission. This about cleaning things up. I can't even say this comes from a misguided place. But the process is all fucked up. You have to understand that anyone in the grips of addiction is a victim. And most dealers are addicts. Many people indeed "get high off their own supply". It's not so easy to make significant profits peddling drugs without drawing serious attention from law enforcement. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THAT SELL DRUGS DO SO TO SUPPORT THEIR OWN HABIT. So to be judge and executioner for people that are in such a fucked up state is likewise, pretty fucked up.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:47:41 AM

I can imagine parts of the Phillipines are quiet poor and you could hire a someone for that sort of job, for much less than thousands. He has already publically told the police that they can kill anyone involved in drugs, so it seems a bit pointless to accuse him of paying for murder. His official salary is pennies compared to the amount he will be making from hidden business deals.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:57:58 AM

+$1  Smiley

But where remains the difference between a group of ogreish killers taking lives and that public money, run by some capo situated in a slightly corrup political office ...
... and some people trafficking medical supply of sorts and acting almost the same?

From a voter's perspective both aren't first choice in every election.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:11:42 PM

It is indeed a very intriguing question. In short, he is hiding his own wealth to the money so the people will not question him for hiring hitmen because the people don't know that he is so rich, I heard him talk about budgets and if he is hiring hitmen, why not just use that money to improve his country.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
EthanB

Merit: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:46:45 AM

Where does the mayor of an impoverished city with a drug problem get tens of thousands of dollars to pay hitmen?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/rodrigo-duterte-accused-paying-police-kill-170220062118472.html

Why would he pay decades worth of his own salary to have opponents of the Davao Magkantot Unggoy Cartel killed?

How do Presidents who claim a salary of  below $200,000 have $100,000,000 homes and spend more money than they make each year?
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 04:31:39 AM

How do Presidents who claim a salary of  below $200,000 have $100,000,000 homes and spend more money than they make each year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvfsT3LNNM
PeterTheGrape (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:50:40 AM

Ideology plays a part in this as well as greed. While I'm certain there is financial motivation at the end of this path, there is a certain zeal to the killing of these poor addicts that speaks of a mission. This about cleaning things up. I can't even say this comes from a misguided place. But the process is all fucked up. You have to understand that anyone in the grips of addiction is a victim. And most dealers are addicts. Many people indeed "get high off their own supply". It's not so easy to make significant profits peddling drugs without drawing serious attention from law enforcement. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THAT SELL DRUGS DO SO TO SUPPORT THEIR OWN HABIT. So to be judge and executioner for people that are in such a fucked up state is likewise, pretty fucked up.

That's a wise enough post.

Duterte has his own drug, killing people under cover of law. He is addicted but also a dealer. We'll have to wait and see how that works out for him.

I disagree though with your use of the word 'victim'. An addict of drugs is subservient to their appetite, not a victim of it. Most people do not know how pleasant heroin is, for example, so they are not under it. If they tried it under the right circumstances any person would become an addict of illicit chemicals. Then a few lifetimes later, or before that if they are quick, the appetite is tempered.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:17:52 PM

Greed, greed and greed! For power and control. When God created man he leave him to discovered himself and should be able to control everything around him. Now human beings what to control and rule his fellow human beings mind and heart. They can spend ten of thousands on thing that will help them control their people mind like hitmen but to assist them from poverty, drug and poor water their will never do that.
MattScott

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:24:28 PM

Greed, greed and greed! For power and control. When God created man he leave him to discovered himself and should be able to control everything around him. Now human beings what to control and rule his fellow human beings mind and heart. They can spend ten of thousands on thing that will help them control their people mind like hitmen but to assist them from poverty, drug and poor water their will never do that.
All of these things people earn a lot of money. Why are they giving away for free and lower prices on goods? It's like 50% of the gasoline give for free. How much will it cost oil?
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:32:15 PM

That is very true and if that is true where did the Mayor gets his fund. If he gets his fund from the government budget then the Commission on AUdit has already made some reports regarding the embellishment of fund or wrong use of public money. But there was no findings and so where does he get that money to pay the assassins to kill drug dealers.
PeterTheGrape (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:11:43 PM

It can't really come from a government fund easily.

Remember in Brazil when police were taking homeless children off the streets and killing them. Where did the money come from? Business people who felt the kids were a threat to the attractiveness of their business surroundings. Later they would figure out that killing street kids did not make their city more attractive to tourists.

Duterte is a politician, a power whore, not a leader. He is not killing addicts for his own motives, he is doing it to satisfy his pimp. So who is his pimp? A drug cartel? A powerful Catholic group? A business organization?
SamPo

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:13:17 PM

My question is. When can our country finish or be done in starvation, laxk of education and being poor. When can be the philippines can be line up to the riches and most popular countries in the whole world. And when can crime and drugs will stop.
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:20:31 AM

Will north Korea win a war against allied countries?

xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:53:06 AM

The question actually was how to earn a six digits money without going out of your comfort zone.  Even i wonder. 

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:52:13 AM

+$1  Smiley

My question is. When can our country finish or be done in starvation, laxk of education and being poor. When can be the philippines can be line up to the riches and most popular countries in the whole world. And when can crime and drugs will stop.
Let us just respect our president and also support whatever platform he is forerunning. This should be our responsibility as citizens of this country. Who knows, after all  we will reap the good benefits from it.

Tang lancip

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:47:28 AM

The question actually was how to earn a six digits money without going out of your comfort zone.  Even i wonder. 
same I am also confused, how to get it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: