Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5173 times)
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:41:40 AM

The Blockchain ecosystem suffers explosive growth. According to data from Coinmarketcap just for 11 months in 2017 cryptocurrencies market capitalization grew by 1200%. Investors and hedge funds are fixing unbelievable profits, which they can get from crypto assets, and trying to divert their assets into this niche. Investors are waiting for startups, which will repeat the success of projects like Ethereum (+272397% since ICO) or IOTA (+922448% since ICO).

However, the majority of projects will fail — some startups are created just to gather funds and disappear, some would not handle the competition, but most are just ideas that look good on paper, but in reality, are useless for the market.
Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum said:

“There are some good ideas, there are a lot of very bad ideas, and there are a lot of very, very bad ideas, and quite a few scams as well”

As a result, over 95% of successful ICOs and cryptocurrency projects will fail and their investors will lose money. The other 5% of projects will become the new Apple, Google or Alibaba in the cryptoindustry. As these 5% will be the new center of influence, their token demand will create tremendous growth in their valuation brining hundreds of thousands percent of returns on investments made on early stages.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/cryptocurrencies-that-will-not-survive-in-2018/

The crypto issue as stated above is a very realistic statement of purpose, many cryptocurrencies will fail and few will survive. Already some have started failing while some have giving their early investors huge gains. For example my girl friend got some oyster pearl(PRL) at the early period now she has made so much money with it.

HOMT

Powered by,
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:44:00 AM

The Blockchain ecosystem suffers explosive growth. According to data from Coinmarketcap just for 11 months in 2017 cryptocurrencies market capitalization grew by 1200%. Investors and hedge funds are fixing unbelievable profits, which they can get from crypto assets, and trying to divert their assets into this niche. Investors are waiting for startups, which will repeat the success of projects like Ethereum (+272397% since ICO) or IOTA (+922448% since ICO).

However, the majority of projects will fail — some startups are created just to gather funds and disappear, some would not handle the competition, but most are just iddeas that look good on paper, but in reality, are useless for the market.

“There are some good ideas, there are a lot of very bad ideas, and there are a lot of very, very bad ideas, and quite a few scams as well”

As a result, over 95% of successful ICOs and cryptocurrency projects will fail and their investors will lose money. The other 5% of projects will become the new Apple, Google or Alibaba in the cryptoindustry. As these 5% will be the new center of influence, their token demand will create tremendous growth in their valuation brining hundreds of thousands percent of returns on investments made on early stages.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/cryptocurrencies-that-will-not-survive-in-2018/

this is very exaggerated 95% ?is this a joke?lol your impossible this will never
 happen although theres a lot of scam ICO still majority of them are Good project and
has a potential for growth.so theres no reason of telling this kind of thread..

Not because bitcoin is dimoninating means altcoins will die no this will never happen
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:56:11 AM

However, the majority of projects will fail — some startups are created just to gather funds and disappear, some would not handle the competition, but most are just ideas that look good on paper, but in reality, are useless for the market.

There is 8 Billion people out there, I think having 20.000 types of crypto currencies it's good, why? Supply and Demand, survival of the fittest, competition! Imagine if we only had Bitcoin. If you wanted to transfer 10$, you had to pay 20$ in taxes..
yes it's true, the competition of crypto is normal. We can join it or just leave it, it's all up to you Cheesy
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:59:18 AM

I doubt that 95% of coins will fail. Doin ICOS now for startups or established businesses is just the new way of financing business on the blockchain, allowing even more investors, large or small to participate in venture capital. I think this is just something to scare new people off from investing in Blockchain tech and business because it is taking away the old corporate domination paradigm.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:00:39 PM

For sure a lot of new projects will fail with time. But the 10/20% of good projects that you have invested will explode  Smiley

wishman93

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:03:24 PM

I don't agree with you a 100% on this. As far as I can tell, altcoins are doing pretty well so far jst one week into 2018. Ex: TRX
Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:07:24 PM

Good projects will grow up much more faster while scams will die in 2018. Competition between altcoins is very big.
Talking about market capitalization it's growing very fast, but the amount is not particularly correct, because of many non-tradable alts which artificialy grow when BTC grow.

Tongue
Chosenpai

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:11:07 PM

I don't think its possible. The competition on altcoins is very big that is why some of the coins have not survive but it doesn't mean that almost all of them will not make. There are still good coins with good potentials.
sarfwr

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:24:04 PM

I think that as long as we're in a bull market, most of the ICO projects won't die, because their fundamental purpose is to circle the money, so they won't stop developing.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
panghae

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:27:07 PM

Thats very possible if the BTC surged up to a new ATH alts will bleed and the ones will less than 10sats wont have any value anymore.

dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:28:27 PM

I don't think so, 95% of Cryptocurrencies will not die but instead they will pass a lot of challenges and they're going to make good strategies in order push their coin forward and place it to the topp list of best coins in 2018.
Probably 5% of them will passed out but never the large scale of Altcoins will survive even with strict regulations will be implemented.

AA_Bitcoin

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

And which 5% are you counting on?

dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:31:34 PM

Thats very possible if the BTC surged up to a new ATH alts will bleed and the ones will less than 10sats wont have any value anymore.

I don't agree with the statement, while Bitcoin rise Altcoins will go together otherwise Altcoins will bleed together with Bitcoin as well.
When Bitcoin pumps almost all the strongest Altcoins are pumping also and that's the fact if we're going to use the history data as reference.
Only weak coins will pass out but not because Bitcoin dropped but it's all because of the project itself failed.

dangdangdang

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:34:52 PM

And which 5% are you counting on?

Weak coins, I given a rate of 5% for weak coins over thousands of Cryptocurrencies that has been circulated on the market.
Since I started joining signature bounty campaigns I received a lot of coins but some of them didn't hit the exchange markets so I tend to conclude that these coins passed out due to low ICO quality and their project failed.

KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:36:40 PM

Many altcoins are not going to survive it because,. Some of the developers might be working on the project further.

Some cryptos have very bad idea I must say

But to be conservative,  75 percent would die off. That's for sure
chrisfatos

Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

quite true your thread, i also believe that most cryptocurrencies will not survive, but in 2018? is quite soon. I believe they will survive this year, maybe not next year.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:21:17 PM

This analysis it too pessimistic, only a few projects are complete bullshit, most of the the projects which gets attention and get funded have a reason to be, and most of them will thrive.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:22:37 PM

Obviously Bitcoin is an apple of cryptoindustry. Just because it was the 1st. Who tasted it and still holding really liked it's taste.

It is more like CP/M of the crypto industry  Grin
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:26:08 PM

I guess so. Although there will be a lot of cryptocurrencies that come up in 2018, not all of them are promising to have a good future in this year. They may look great and promising at the first,  but some of them will show a sudden decrease or even can be bankrupt,  and some maybe just scam. So,  only a few of them that will survive.
ployfit

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:35:28 PM

I guess so. Although there will be a lot of cryptocurrencies that come up in 2018, not all of them are promising to have a good future in this year. They may look great and promising at the first,  but some of them will show a sudden decrease or even can be bankrupt,  and some maybe just scam. So,  only a few of them that will survive.

You guess so but the moment is not showing this, look at the market, all the coins are green, even the garbage ones reached one billion dollar markey cap, this is just annoying. Money is flowing through the coins, but to the wrong ones.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: