Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports betting Challenge (Me vs You!)  (Read 4702 times)
MsBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:26:30 PM

I will do this challenge with you for 2 btc.  Will start tomorrow if you like.

Would prefer to do 1 BTC to start out. How long of a challenge? I have 3 lengths of time.

Let's do 30 days.

KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

I will do this challenge with you for 2 btc.  Will start tomorrow if you like.

Would prefer to do 1 BTC to start out. How long of a challenge? I have 3 lengths of time.

Let's do 30 days.
Sounds good, let me know when you want to begin. Please post your pickmonitors page so we can follow your picks. Like mentioned before it will be first 25 plays within 30 days. All favorites will be TO WIN 1 unit, all underdogs will be RISKING 1 unit. Your overall +/- units is what matters not your win/lose record. If you agree to these terms please send your 1 BTC to 12xtBnTWbHbP5XZhP2NrzqGTnpZnDQwnCU as mentioned in PM to you MsBitcoin. I will send my 1 BTC once yours confirms. This wallet address will only be used for holding OUR challenge no1 elses, and the coins will remain unmoved/untouched until the end of the challenge when the coins will be sent to the winner. My blockchain wallet is 2fa enabled so there will no be any problem with chance of hacking. If you like to use an escrow, we split the fee but please contact JohnK or BCB for me because I am very busy these couple of days. Thanks and look forward to doing the challenge with you.

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:59:15 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 04:12:53 AM by KingOfSports

I've had 3 or 4 people ask to do a challenge with me but eventually they never reply...I am fine with using a 3rd party escrow, we split the fee!

Also, I noticed the back and forth communication has been slow with a couple people, so for the NEXT only challenger please send from .1 to 1 BTC to 1JA69c753JvMN74sHi6gvHmkDmhLzYjTTs. Once confirmed I will send the same amount to that address before the end of day. We will begin once you express the challenge you would like to do and when you want the start date to begin.

Please comment and post your pickmonitor account along with your specified challenge length (14 days and 10 picks OR 30 days and 25 picks). If I have provided you a challenge escrow address please send to that address and not this one as I have named each address to the specific challenger. I am fine with escrow too, let me say that again! Cmon guys lets get one started at least. Smiley

MsBitcoin

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:29:26 AM

Sent my 1 btc.  My pick monitor name is MsBitcoin.  What is yours?

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:37:26 AM

Sent my 1 btc.  My pick monitor name is MsBitcoin.  What is yours?

Mine is kingofsports. Same as username here. Am about to go to sleep so will send my coin to address tomorrow morning once I wake up. Since its only 2am today, we'll start today as you said you wished to do.

Confirmed Challenge: Kingofsports vs Msbitcoin
BTC escrow address: 12xtBnTWbHbP5XZhP2NrzqGTnpZnDQwnCU
Amount: 1 BTC from each party, Winner Take All.
Start Date: July 10th, 2013
End Date: August 9th, 2013.
Pickmonitor accounts: kingofsports, Msbitcoin.
Terms: 30 day time limit, first 25 plays count, must make 25 plays or player forfeits, highest +/- unit record wins.

MsBitcoin

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:37:09 PM

I can't seem to see your plays on picksmonitor prior to the game starting so would please post your play here after making it on picksmonitor and I will do the same?

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:40:55 PM

I can't seem to see your plays on picksmonitor prior to the game starting so would please post your play here after making it on picksmonitor and I will do the same?
Sure, in a way I thought this would be fair so that players cannot copy one another. Any plays made will be able to be seen once the game has been completed. Please still make your plays on pickmonitor because once a bet has been placed there, there is NO way to cancel or change it. While here, you can edit your posts/comments at anytime. I have one play pending for today and that play will be able to seen once it is completed. I'll share it though, Cinci Reds ML to win 1 unit, hopefully I don't get buried first game Wink Also my 1 BTC has been sent to the escrow wallet if you check it. Thanks for being patient about that.

nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:47:34 PM

If you get ripped off by this guy I'm going to say - told you

donations not accepted
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:08:23 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 07:30:01 PM by KingOfSports

If you get ripped off by this guy I'm going to say - told you

Hey bud check out my rep thread, another $1000 transaction done on IRC (channel bitcoin-OTC) couple days ago where the buyer sent first. $300 increments. Thanks now get out.

Also to anyone reading this thread, I still have 4 BTC set aside for these challenges. So far only 1 challenge for 1 BTC is currently on. I am fine with using escrow with JohnK, we both pay 1% extra to the escrow address to cover his 2% fee. Let me know if you're interested!

thisisgil

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:08:12 PM

Hey bud check out my rep thread, another $1000 transaction done on IRC (channel bitcoin-OTC) couple days ago where the buyer sent first. $300 increments. Thanks now get out.

Lol @ that VictimPool fan posting in every thread of yours. Looks like you got a stalker, KOS Smiley

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

Won my first pick with the reds aginst msbitcoin. My record after 1 pick is +1 unit. Next play submitted, 1 unit on +101 LA Dodgers Moneyline.

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:16:33 AM

Lol @ that VictimPool fan posting in every thread of yours. Looks like you got a stalker, KOS Smiley
And yes sadly I know. Guess some people cant actually believe there are a couple decent and honest people in the bitcoin world. Oh well let him and any another accusers troll.

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:40:33 AM

And yes sadly I know. Guess some people cant actually believe there are a couple decent and honest people in the bitcoin world. Oh well let him and any another accusers troll.

I agree crazy how people just think EVERYONE scams what a joke!
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:19:44 PM

Awesome comeback for dodgers, +2.01 units now 2/25 picks completed. Cmon Msbitcoin make a play or two  Cheesy

Also, I am still looking for others to do this with! I can contact JohnK the moment you let me know you are interested. I have 4 more BTC set aside for this, and just fyi even tho I did go 2-0 yesterday, the day before i went 0 for 3 so I am beatable!  Smiley

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:30:31 PM

Bump, looking to do up to 4 BTC more, escrow is fine. 10 picks within 14 days or 25 picks within 30 days  Smiley

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:12:16 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 10:39:46 PM by KingOfSports

A new member has contacted me via PM wanting to do a 10 pick / 14 day challenge for .25 BTC. As I forgot about the All Star break I have requested to him to make the length 20 days for the challenge if he is up for it. Note: He has requested 12 picks / 20 days. The user "moneymaker1990" just signed up so he cannot post here. However it is my hope that by the time this challenge is over he has made his account past the newbies blocks set in place by the forum so that he can post here that he received the funds or whatever if he wins. Anyways here is the terms, please PM if you agree to it:

Challenge is 12 picks within 20 days. If a party fails to make 12 picks within the allotted time, that party forfeits. Only first 10 plays count. Every favorite wager (-xxx) is TO WIN 1 unit. Every underdog wager (+xxx) is RISKING 1 unit. The party who's total +/- units after 10 picks is higher wins. All official picks by each party must be submitted onto pickmonitor.com. The address that will hold the .25 from each member for this challenge is: 1K2G9DbHi6ZeRNea1oWLLeH8XRRcWNhSW6

If you agree to these terms "moneyman1990" please send your .25 to that address and PM me also that you accept. Within 24 hours I will do the same. The funds in this account will remain untouched until a winner has been announced in which the funds will be sent to the winner's address.
Pickmonitor accounts:
http://www.pickmonitor.com/user/moneymaker1990
http://www.pickmonitor.com/user/kingofsports

Also note, when I have multiple challenges open, my plays count for any challenges that are open. If I make a play two days from now and I have open challenges against Msbitcoin and moneymaker1990, that pick will affect my record for both challenges.

If anyone else wants to do a challenge, I am still looking to do up to 1 BTC per person, another 3.75 BTC total.

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:52:33 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 12:29:30 AM by KingOfSports

Moneyman1990 has accepted the terms and sent his .25, I will send mine shortly to the address (waiting on a coinbase transfer to actually send). He requested we begin tonight so here is the official confirmation of the challenge:

Confirmed Challenge: Kingofsports vs Moneyman1990
BTC escrow address: 1K2G9DbHi6ZeRNea1oWLLeH8XRRcWNhSW6
Amount: 0.25 BTC from each party, Winner Take All.
Start Date: July 12th, 2013
End Date: July 31st, 2013.
Pickmonitor accounts: kingofsports, moneyman1990.
Terms: 20 day time limit, first 12 plays count, must make 12 plays or player forfeits, highest +/- unit record wins.

Good luck!

Edit: My .25 for the challenge has now been sent to the address.

bitcoinbilly

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:33:15 PM

We can discuss further but I'd like to de a HU challenge once football season begins.  My initial thoughts are:

1) Weekly challenge for 1btc
2) 1/2 season challenge for 5btc
3) Full Season challenge for 10btc

Additionally, I look forward to you creating a survivor pool w/ 2btc entry fee. 

Clearly all above can be for both NFL and NCAAF - 2 separate - not together.

Thanks
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:47:03 PM

We can discuss further but I'd like to de a HU challenge once football season begins.  My initial thoughts are:

1) Weekly challenge for 1btc
2) 1/2 season challenge for 5btc
3) Full Season challenge for 10btc

Additionally, I look forward to you creating a survivor pool w/ 2btc entry fee.  

Clearly all above can be for both NFL and NCAAF - 2 separate - not together.

Thanks

I am confident in my NFL handicapping abilities but those are def too much of my BR to put up. As for college football I generally do not handicap these as much. NFL is my main moneymaker during football season. I could do 5 BTC season, as for weekly, I generally only have 2-3 plays that I unload on, thus I don't know if I'd be interested in doing one. I might do a survivor pool however someone else is doing one so I don't want to be rude and compete with them, but if its a high roller version I could see it happening. Do you think there would be interest in this such contest:

Spread Survivor
-Each week participants choose 2 spreads (ATS) based on pickmonitor lines, and you are eliminated once you lose 5 spreads.
-Winner is last one standing.

Or we could do this sort of thing:
-Pick 2 spreads each week, best record in end wins (or could have top 2 or 4 handicappers compete in a playoff type fashion picking the spreads of every playoff game).

Let me know what you think, thanks!

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:09:15 AM

KOS - I would not be opposed to a high roller Elim challenge, and this is something I could also manage if enough interest at 2 BTC but as of now I have a small number interested in 0.10 BTC.  Also since I would not be competing in this there would be that nonissue and the money for this one since is larger would be escrowed for the high roller one with John K, also with a 2 BTC I would drop fees to 3% me to run and 2% for John K escrow - total 5%, but again without 5 people in this one would it be worth running a larger pool?

We could use same thread for picks and tracking.

I'll think about it and probably come up with something of my own for highrollers or such, probably not 2 BTC though, probably 1 BTC with min 5 entries. I honestly like the idea of doing something with spreads but we'll let the public decide. I'll make a post about it in coming week or two and first poll people to see which version they would like. Also uvwvj I will be joining your pool, no worries there, however I prefer not to join things til last minute for my own personal accounting purposes.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: