Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:23:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new real tangible physical bitcoin coin  (Read 55942 times)
WesleyK

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 04:24:38 PM

I would like a silver coin in the same design as the gold one. I already ordered a gold coin, and it would be cool to have the same design in gold and silver. Spot price + something like 6-8 dollar sounds good to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kermee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 03:25:39 AM

Just received mine today.  Extremely quick shipping (I'm in the U.S.) and great quality.

Although, one of my coins, the etching of the words 'VIRES IN NUMERIS' was so shallow, one side of the 'V' isn't even etched, etc. -- I'm keeping it though because it's a collector's item Wink

Cheers,
Kermee
RyanWebber

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 03:53:00 AM

Sexy. I'll definately pick a few of these up.

If I have been remotely useful feel free to donate:
1DgkA1S64CoVGu1q5JFSz4maRQJYw2dMC8
RSantana (OP)

Activity: 111

CoinedBits.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 03:57:12 AM

Just received mine today.  Extremely quick shipping (I'm in the U.S.) and great quality.

Although, one of my coins, the etching of the words 'VIRES IN NUMERIS' was so shallow, one side of the 'V' isn't even etched, etc. -- I'm keeping it though because it's a collector's item Wink

Cheers,
Kermee

That coin must have slipped through quality control. I've visually checked a dozen or so coins and I can see some variation in the stamping depth. If you want to send it back I'll replace it for you. It does give some uniqueness to your coin though :-)

Check out the first physical bitcoin at http://CoinedBits.com
Kermee

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:09:21 AM

If you want to send it back I'll replace it for you. It does give some uniqueness to your coin though :-)

Nah. No worries, mate. I'm keeping it! :-)

Great job on the coins.  I'm love them.  Haven't been able to put them down for hours now... Guess I have a new OCD... Wink

Cheers,
Kermee
Anonymous

July 10, 2011, 04:16:36 AM

Now it would be great if people could send you some raw material and you could turn that into a bitcoin  Smiley
spruce

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:38:02 AM

Could you give some more data about the site "coin history" interface? I couldn't see it on the website. I would be interested in being able to give someone a tangible bitcoin, then they key in the number at the website and see a matching bitcoin public address that I have entered. Preferably, I would also like to give a link that generates a block explorer page for that address showing the balance etc.

The public bitcoin address would come from a paper bitcoin wallet like those sold by Casascius. The private key would be handed over separately, either at the same time, or when the person reaches the age of 18 or whatever.

Since there is no guarantee that the balance will remain as shown, there is a strong incentive for a recipient to keep in the donor's good books. I'm thinking of a scenario like a rich relative and a teenage recipient, where the recipient is not likely to be jerked around on a whim.
RSantana (OP)

CoinedBits.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 05:55:01 AM

Could you give some more data about the site "coin history" interface? I couldn't see it on the website. I would be interested in being able to give someone a tangible bitcoin, then they key in the number at the website and see a matching bitcoin public address that I have entered. Preferably, I would also like to give a link that generates a block explorer page for that address showing the balance etc.

The public bitcoin address would come from a paper bitcoin wallet like those sold by Casascius. The private key would be handed over separately, either at the same time, or when the person reaches the age of 18 or whatever.

Since there is no guarantee that the balance will remain as shown, there is a strong incentive for a recipient to keep in the donor's good books. I'm thinking of a scenario like a rich relative and a teenage recipient, where the recipient is not likely to be jerked around on a whim.

Some intriguing ideas. Thanks. You could certainly implement your ideas on your own website using my coins.

Regarding the coin history. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Each person who obtains the coin has the opportunity to go to the website and enter a position on a map of where the coin is currently, and add a comment. The person then passes the coin on to someone else.

http://coinedbits.com/images/track_example.gif

EconomicOracle

Activity: 71

I can predict the future! Bitcoin will success!!!!

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:57:50 AM

Do not buy these! They are counterfeit and not worth anything! He calls them bitcoins but they are not. Mtgox and Trading Hill do not accept these! Because they are counterfeit! Do not buy!

GOOOOOOOOOOO BITCOINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Oops. Just fixed a typo. It should be GO (like GO TEAM!) and not GOOB
Edit2: Just checked the dictionary and goob is not a word
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 06:03:29 AM

Do not buy these! They are counterfeit and not worth anything! He calls them bitcoins but they are not. Mtgox and Trading Hill do not accept these! Because they are counterfeit! Do not buy!

Some one needs to learn to read before clicking the buy button. This is a pretty straight forward operation.
dood001

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:05:44 AM

FLOL
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:11:15 AM

Just bought one. Looking forward to receiving it. Smiley

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

afk

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 06:12:12 AM

Wow... You have the typing part down, plus the proper punctuation for someone with tourettes. You must have issues reading English.

spruce

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:26:22 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2011, 02:10:36 PM by spruce

Some intriguing ideas. Thanks. You could certainly implement your ideas on your own website using my coins.

Regarding the coin history. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Each person who obtains the coin has the opportunity to go to the website and enter a position on a map of where the coin is currently, and add a comment. The person then passes the coin on to someone else.

http://coinedbits.com/images/track_example.gif

Thanks very much. It will be interesting to see how it evolves. I imagine that many people will hang on to the coin rather than passing it on because it looks so gorgeous!
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 01:58:22 PM

Why is it that when someone has 'economic' or 'economist' in their nick-name, they turn out to be the most idiotic form of troll?

Such a mystery...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 02:06:30 PM

Why is it that when someone has 'economic' or 'economist' in their nick-name, they turn out to be the most idiotic form of troll?

Such a mystery...

Isn't that the same as in the offline world?

There's a serial stupido in Sydney called Steven Keen who for years said Australia's houses would drop 40% just because America's did ...never happened but he keeps coming out with equally-stupid theories because that's what economists do.

mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:17:44 PM

Ok I just bought one and paid with Bitcoins.  Little higher using bitcoins more around 8 bux vs 5.99, maybe that should be adjusted normally to match the 5.99 price?  I paid with bitcoin since it is for a bitcoin, this bitcoin will be worth, .56 bitcoins lol.  THanks

ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:28:52 PM

Just got mine. Awesome job. I like. :-)
RSantana (OP)

CoinedBits.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 10:55:37 PM

Ok I just bought one and paid with Bitcoins.  Little higher using bitcoins more around 8 bux vs 5.99, maybe that should be adjusted normally to match the 5.99 price?  I paid with bitcoin since it is for a bitcoin, this bitcoin will be worth, .56 bitcoins lol.  THanks

Thanks for the purchase. The shipping is calculated into the price when paying with Bitcoins.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 12:10:43 AM

Been playing with and twirling mine almost non stop for almost two days now. The pictures don't do the coin justice btw. It's much bigger than I thought it would be, and the gold is much more yellow-gold colored than the washed out photos. Definitely a nice conversation starter piece Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: