Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIminer will not see Videocard  (Read 2509 times)
cbecker605 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:39:41 AM

I am building this rig and everything works perfectly except The gui minner will not see my video card. I have two options to choose from.
0-0 caymen
0-1 amd phenom 1090T

I have installed an xfx radeon HD 6950. For the life of me I cannot figure out why it wont work. I installed the up to date drivers. maybe I missed something. any help would be awesome
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:47:21 AM

caymen is the codename for your GPU thats your video card

my cards show as Barts and juniper with my cpu showing as amd phenom blah blah
cbecker605 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:58:30 AM

ok now that I see I was looking at it wrong.now it tells me "probelms Comminicating with bitcoin RPC" I have set up btc guild acount and put in the user name and password.
zerokwel

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:04:20 AM

are you using the new gui miner that lists like 5 servers for btc guild try using the nl2 one. also did you create a worker on btcguilds website. after you log into your btc guild account you create a worker. and use that username and password and not your account one ?
Electronic Chaos

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:06:47 AM

also did you create a worker on btcguilds website. after you log into your btc guild account you create a worker. and use that username and password and not your account one ?

This is probably your problem, I know it tripped me up when I first signed up for BTCGuild. Your main account is only used for signing into the website, and then you have worker accounts tied to that, on which you sign in with your miner.
cbecker605 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:37:08 AM

got it up and running Thank you guys I knew it would be something simple.
Electronic Chaos

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:37:19 AM

It always is. I used to work tech support, and you wouldn't believe how many people called in because they'd accidentally unplugged their PC. Sadly, these were always the people that would yell at you for even remotely suggesting that they would overlook something so simple, only to be followed up quickly with "Oh, nevermind, I found the problem."
zerokwel

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:07:19 AM

It always is. I used to work tech support, and you wouldn't believe how many people called in because they'd accidentally unplugged their PC. Sadly, these were always the people that would yell at you for even remotely suggesting that they would overlook something so simple, only to be followed up quickly with "Oh, nevermind, I found the problem."

aye worked tec. breakfix deskside support was just as bad/good for me as well I did not care so I used to point it out in front of everyone else around. Its amazing how few calls I got after a month Smiley. Normally no network connection (network cable unplugged). Monitor not turning on (power cable) etc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: